Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

PHL-SFO-YVR connection

PHL-SFO-YVR connection

Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:37 am
Original Poster

PHL-SFO-YVR connection

Looking at a coming of routing options, and United has an itinerary that involves a 45 min layover.

I am wondering if this is enough time. I understand that Canada flights depart as 'domestic' flights out of T3, instead of international terminal, but what about my checked baggage? Will I need to retrieve it and re-check-in?

Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

with a United/Air Canada ticket you will get your bags tagged to YVR and transferred automatically with no need to retrieve it and re-check in

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:29 am

Just make sure it's not the last flight of the day in case your incoming flight is delayed for some reason.

If the connection is on AC be aware they're temporarily in a different terminal than they used to be. But United also flies this route.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Are you flying United/United Express metal or an Air Canada metal airplane? If it is a United operated flight then it is out of T3 and if it is an Air Canada flight it is out of the G gates in the International Terminal. You'll have to rush more if it is an Air Canada operated flight since you'll have to walk from T3 to the G gates, but you won't have to go through security again since there is a walkway between them.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I'm flying United for both legs. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully the flight will connect!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.