Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Napa/Sonoma Hotel, for Mom & Daughter?

Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

A friend and her 20 something daughter are going to Napa/Sonoma.

They are looking for nice accommodations, but obviously, not for a "romantic" king bedded sort. Hotel? Inn?

They are going mid-April. Anything jump out to anyone that might work for them?

Thanks!

J.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stan1162

They are looking for nice accommodations, but obviously, not for a "romantic" king bedded sort. Hotel? Inn?

Thanks!

J.
Hilton Santa Rosa. Great deal on livingsocial for $104, which includes $25 credit p/p to the restaurant, and tasting passes.

Doubletree American Canyon/Napa. Travelzoo deal for $99, including $50 credit (not p/p) to the restaurant.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by stan1162

Thanks!

J.
They'd probably enjoy being near the action, shopping and what nightlife there is. To then end, check-out the Eldorado Hotel, Swiss Hotel, or for a more upscale experience MacArthur Place. All located in the town of Sonoma.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
If they go to Napa, the Embassy Suites is one of the nicer properties of this chain and very convenient. Downtown Napa has really been improved in the last couple of years and is now quite interesting. The new Westin is even nicer but pricey.

If you go to Sonoma, I would avoid the Sonoma Mission Inn - IMO, it is highly overrated and way overpriced.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Sonoma Airport Hilton Garden Inn

in Santa Rosa, just off the highway, 101. Not romantic, but nice, good service, nice wine list in the little restaurant/bar. indoor pool/hot tub. clean and fairly new. Just what you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn.

You really need a car in this area anyway, so if you are looking for convenient, this fits the bill.

I take my Mom and niece there every Christmas for an overnight swim stay-cation (I live 4 miles away).

Calistoga (in Napa)

Many choices, for years we took family vacations there, lots of good choices, quaint little town with 2 blocks of "downtown". Sort of spa relaxed type of town, lots to do within 10 miles, again you need a car.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

Originally Posted by aacharya
Hilton Santa Rosa. Great deal on livingsocial for $104, which includes $25 credit p/p to the restaurant, and tasting passes.

Doubletree American Canyon/Napa. Travelzoo deal for $99, including $50 credit (not p/p) to the restaurant.
Related but unrelated question. Do deals purchased through LivingSocial earns HH points?

Thanks,

GenevaFlyer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.