Wiki Posts
Search

Food Tours

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Gold Passport, National Emerald Club
Food Tours

My wife and I are food people. I hate the word Foodie...I think we're more Eaters than anything. Digressing...what are the best food tours of the Bay Area. I remember one that went to a bunch of different places before ending at Chez Panisse, but I wanted to get a grasp on whether these prearranged things were worthwhile.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I don't knmow of any food tours except Shirley Fong Torres Wok Wiz

Are you looking for recs or do you know of one and want our opinion? I've never heard of one that goes to Chez Panisse...
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also have never heard of any Bay Area food tours. I think you could put together some great tours with just the information here on FT.

Here are a few places I take out of town food people when they are here:

Commonwealth (dinner)
Frances (dinner)
PPQ Dungeness Island (during crab season only)
PPQ (lunch or dinner)
Lers Ros (delivery)
Foreign Cinema (brunch)
Absinthe (brunch)
Delfina (dinner)
El Toyonense (lunch - food truck next to Best Buy)
Starbelly (lunch)
Oenotri (lunch or dinner - in Napa)
Roli Roti at the Ferry Building (Porchetta sandwich, Saturday only, long line and often finished before Noon)
Brothers Korean BBQ (lunch or dinner)
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Gold Passport, National Emerald Club
I appreciate the help. There are a bunch of gourmet walking tours and I could have sworn that I read about one ending at Chez Panisse. I'm sure I misread whatever it was.

One of the joys of traveling is to eat at the best of the best in each town. I have no problem skimping a little on a hotel if I'm going to eat well. Ha.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:42 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by jar3dp
I appreciate the help. There are a bunch of gourmet walking tours and I could have sworn that I read about one ending at Chez Panisse. I'm sure I misread whatever it was.

One of the joys of traveling is to eat at the best of the best in each town. I have no problem skimping a little on a hotel if I'm going to eat well. Ha.
Let me Google that for you.

Bingo.
Join us on our award-winning food tours in San Francisco and Napa. As seen on CNN, the San Francisco Chronicle and Via Magazine, our tours are fun, delicious and educational. We seek out the finest artisan chocolate, cheese, wines and more for you to sample as we explore the city's best foodie neighborhoods. It's the perfect way to spend an afternoon, whether you're a first time visitor or a seasoned local.

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 15, 2011 at 12:47 pm Reason: add quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the one in Berkeley.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:29 pm

Here are a few more:
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Me neither.

Originally Posted by rjque
I also have never heard of any Bay Area food tours. I think you could put together some great tours with just the information here on FT.
Me neither. I have never heard of these food tours at all. When you get the itinerary, why don't you post it here, and see what we think about it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.