Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Shopping in SFO International Terminal

Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)

Mods - apols if this is wrong place....but..

Is there anywhere in SFO airport I can buy an iPod (Classic for what its worth) - checked the SFO shopping webpage, and it doesn't look hopeful. Not sure I'll have time to go to the Apple store in the centre.

Thanks

Rick
Old Sep 20, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The flysfo.com site has a Techshowcase shop in the Intl Terminal A gates ( by A6) where BA flies from ( not sure if it sells ipods). There is also a entertainment store in the main check in area ( pre security)

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:45 pm

Next to the BA lounge their is a technology shop. I recall some ipods their just not which ones. Their is also the bestbuy vending machines in the terminal as I recall.

What about buying it from the Apple store in SFO?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silv/Bron/Silv/Bron/Bron/Bron/Silver... Bronze.... Blue (in more ways than one)
Well I'm glad to hear they do sell iPods, but both 'candidate outlets post-security look like tinpot little places according to their (poor) websites, so its impossible to tell. If I don't get enough time in the centre to hit the Apple Store I'll look pre-departures.

Thanks

RA1

Last edited by Rick A 1; Sep 21, 2011 at 2:04 am Reason: realised 'thanks gents' was presumptious :-)
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Blue
Yes, shopping in SFO International terminal is a waste of time. Post-security it barely has any shops. The electronics store was not carrying iPads when I asked. It may have had iPods but I didn't look. My advice would be get it delivered to your hotel from an online store if you can.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
There is also an Apple store at the Hillsdale shopping centre in San Mateo which is only a short drive / cab ride from SFO
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
There is also an Apple store at the Hillsdale shopping centre in San Mateo which is only a short drive / cab ride from SFO
Excellent - I'm told I'm staying near the airport, so that might be the best option so far.

Thanks BAGoldBoy
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Over to the relevant travel and dining forum.

Swanhunter
Moderator BAEC
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:07 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
a prior thread says the bestbuy vending machines do sell themhttp://www.flyertalk.com

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/archive/t-1246367.html

and another web site from 2008 as well

http://technologizer.com/2008/08/25/...ide-a-machine/
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't expect any bargains from those BestBuy vending machines!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Don't expect any bargains from those BestBuy vending machines!
mmmm depends on your perspective. Coming from the UK, most electronics are cheaper in the US, so it may still look good to me!

However, with iPods, there is also the advantage that Euro-sold iPods have their volume output limited (by Euro regulations), and US ones don't. Whilst I'm in no rush to deafen myself, the limits can be annoying for quieter music and other content when on the London Underground.

If anyone happens to be passing one of these Best Buy machines I'd love to know if they stock iPod Classics and how much they are!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:54 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
don't kmow what the kiosk has

but here's a link to Best buy for general pricing info. Hopefully someone who who is passing through can report on the kiosks.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iPod-MP3...d=abcat0201009
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:54 pm

From what I've seen, pricing is the same as what you'd find in a Best Buy store, though customer service is handled by the third party that operates these.

http://www.zoomsystems.com/customer-...oduct-returns/
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
The closest Apple Store to SFO is on Burlingame Ave, in Burlingame. It's a very quick hop.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:27 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I passed by the machine on my way out to my car in garage G. At about 11pm on Friday, Sept 30, the Best Buy machine did have the 160gig iPod classic at $249.95+8.25% sales tax.

It also had three different iPod Touch (6-64 gig) and two Pod mini (8-16 gig) models.

Of course, this could change or the machine could run out at any time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.