Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Hotel within 30 minutes of SFO with an ocean or bay view?

Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold

We are going to california for 10 days and landing in SFO and like to stay around california

we are looking for a seaview hotel (100 - 120 usd per night) max 30 min away from SFO

can you please advise something nice and not too far away from the city?

thanks a lot

Last edited by ambrogz; Mar 23, 2011 at 5:34 pm
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:48 am

Programs: AAA
If a big blue expanse of water out the window is what you want, why not stay in the airport hotel strip next to SFO in Burlingame. There are many nice hotels on Bayshore Dr and Airport that you can get for around $100. I've stayed at the Hilton, the Hyatt Regency and (my favorite) the Embassy Suites for that kind of money in July. You even get a view of a bridge, but not THAT bridge. (its the San Mateo bridge).

Just ask for a Bay view or you might get the back side, which overlooks the 101 freeway. If you have a car it will cost you another $20 or so to park it in the lot.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IIRC there is a holiday inn express in pacifica right on the beach that should be in $120-150/nt range.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assuming non-rush hour, any of the Fisherman's Wharf area hotels would do just fine, giving you a nice view of the bay, and even the Golden Gate bridge.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: SPG, united, delta
The Hilton on the embarcadero in San Francisco has bay views and is right next to the BART (train) station. It is also very convenient to go anywhere in the city.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.