Wiki Posts
Search

Sausalito from union square, no car

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Sausalito from union square, no car

Possible?
I assume we (4 of us) take the ferry from ferry bldg but from there what can we see, do, and eat
How much is the ferry roundtrip?
I can also rent a car for a day for about $35. However, I fear parking in union square.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
This should get you started:
http://www.goldengateferry.org/
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
Totally possible, and the ferry is really a delightful trip over to Sausalito. And you really don't want to rent a car unless you have to. Everything you need to know is here:

http://goldengateferry.org/schedules/Sausalito.php

http://www.blueandgoldfleet.com/Ferr...103110no51.cfm

Note there are two lines with two different schedules. Also be advised Sausalito is way more manageable on a weekday. The weekends there, especially in Sept/Oct (our best weather) are thronged with tourists from all over the world.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:53 am

Programs: UA, VX, AA
If you're going Labor Day weekend, be aware that the Sausalito Art Festival will be in operation. There will be direct ferry service to the festival from Pier 39.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 5:04 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Another option is the Golden Gate #10 bus.

http://www.goldengatetransit.org/sch...Route_102.html

You could also sign up with Zipcar to rent a car by the hour, without the hassle of parking in San Francisco.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:38 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
If you are up for a bit of a workout there are lots of places in San Francisco that rent bikes, you can bike up along the wharf to the Golden Gate Bridge, over to Sausalito, and then take the bike back on the ferry with you.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
The ferry ride is great and there is lots to do, see, and eat within walking distance of the ferry terminal in Sausalito.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Be sure to wear long sleeves, as it can get pretty chilly in San Francisco.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Hands down I would recommend taking the ferry it provides a wonderful view and perspective on the city. Spend some time in the renovated ferry building it has been beautifully done.

Second pick would be a car ---once you cross the bridge drive into the Marin headlands -- stunning coastline then have lunch in Sausalito.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.