Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California > San Francisco
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 29, 10, 3:52 pm   #1

FasTrak beeping at SJC Terminal C for no reason

Folks,

Any of you SJC locals who have a FasTrak notice that your transponder beeps for no reason as you pass Terminal C as you exit the airport?

I assume they must be doing some FasTrak testing in case they're preparing to accept FasTrak for parking payment in the new garage. Anyone know for sure?

The most exact location I have is that it's just past terminal C almost immediately after the final set of overhead airport signs that direct traffic into the proper lane for exiting the airport.
juanvaldez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 10, 7:07 pm   #2

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I would guess that the radio receiver they use to track where the buses are is triggering your transponder.
elCheapoDeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 10, 8:09 pm   #3

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Update: I did notice that my transponder beeped just before I entered the terminal A garage and again down past where the terminal C baggage claim used to be. Both times it was when I drove under one of those transponders that I'm guessing tracks the buses.
Old Apr 16, 10, 4:56 pm   #4

Here we have it:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mr-roadshow/ci_14877207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Roadshow
No. Your transponders went off because a FasTrak-like system is being used to keep track of taxis, limos and shuttles to record trips and related fees. But officials say other drivers are not being charged. Someday FasTrak may be used for paying parking fees in the garage, but that is way down the road.
Old Jul 11, 10, 7:40 pm   #5

Programs: AAEXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe View Post
FlyerTalk always comes through for me