Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
E-Rewards scam??? Video Survey nets $1

If anyone takes the survey on video rentals (ERI Mkt Research/Burke), please make note of how many questions you answer and how much time you spent answering them.

After quite a lengthy time spent completing a survey on video rentals, I was informed that I did not qualify. Because of this, I would get $1 instead of $7.

I have NO problem not qualifying for a survey, but determination should be made with the first 10 questions (actually w/n the first 4-5, right?), not after a thorough statistical analysis could be performed from my numerous inputted answers.

Most of the questions required physical entry of data: Blockbuster, NetFlix, Hollywood Video, Grocery Store, etc. as opposed to using radio buttons to select a given choice.

The survey covered who competes in the rental market, who competes in the sales market, advertising, rental frequency, etc. BS if I didn’t complete this. This almost looks like a survey bait and switch.

This is a new reason I don’t like E-Rewards. I don’t know why I go through this.

Sam
Jonstephens likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
E-Rewards discussion is generally a topic for the S.P.A.M. forum, so I'll move this thread there.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Sam - DFW
This is a new reason I don’t like E-Rewards. I don’t know why I go through this.
Used to do e-rewards but the returns are not worth it. I get ~300k in HH points per year and the few thousands I got from e-rewards were not worth the trouble. I now enjoy not having to fill these surveys and get 50 cents for them.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 8:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Me, Too

You are right, I was pretty surprised after all that time and all the answers a message appeared that I hadn't qualified . . . I thought I was well on my way to the $7. OpinionPlace did that, too, last time.
Jonstephens likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 1:27 pm

Me too. However, I sometimes think it's better not to qualify for an e-rewards survey. They are more likely to pay me the $1 than the $$$ if I do qualify. As soon as I get to $25, I'm cashing out and quitting.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
> Good Afternoon
>
> Thank you for contacting e-Rewards. We appreciate your feedback. We
> apologize for the difficulty you experienced with the Market Research
> survey. We will certainly forward your email onto the project manager so
> they are aware of your concerns.
>
> We appreciate your interest in e-Rewards.
>
> Sincerely,
> Tracie Skinner
Old Nov 15, 2004, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by Sam - DFW
If anyone takes the survey on video rentals (ERI Mkt Research/Burke), please make note of how many questions you answer and how much time you spent answering them.

After quite a lengthy time spent completing a survey on video rentals, I was informed that I did not qualify. Because of this, I would get $1 instead of $7.

I have NO problem not qualifying for a survey, but determination should be made with the first 10 questions (actually w/n the first 4-5, right?), not after a thorough statistical analysis could be performed from my numerous inputted answers.

Most of the questions required physical entry of data: Blockbuster, NetFlix, Hollywood Video, Grocery Store, etc. as opposed to using radio buttons to select a given choice.

The survey covered who competes in the rental market, who competes in the sales market, advertising, rental frequency, etc. BS if I didn’t complete this. This almost looks like a survey bait and switch.

Sam
Exactly the same thing happened to me too with the same survey...
Actually, the invitation said it was for cell phone usage, however when I clicked through to the survey, it was for video rentals and after spending 15 minutes answering, I was deemed "unqualified"...
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Same here. Spent about 10 minutes answering the questions and then I did not qualify. I plan on getting to the next reward point and then pulling out.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA,US,AR,Hyatt, Hilton, holidayinn/AR Plus, DiscoPlus& JumboMas
Same here, waiting to reach next level and pull out.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 9:29 am

Grrrr...I just got hit with this survey. Totally disingenuous. I spent at least 10 minutes answering the questions before being told I didn't qualify.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 9:51 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure how to search this topic.

I've redeemed E-rewards at $50 for 3000 Hilton points. I last did it last May; now, after regularly answering surveys and being kicked out of most, I've reached $50 again, and see that it's 2500 points now, but I could build up to $75 for 4500.

In deciding what to do:

What are the current rules for expiration of E-rewards?

Do you think I have much risk of the program being further devalued before I reach $75, or of being shut down completely?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I think $100 is 7000 pts. That's the best ratio of what's available. I used to redeem at $50 for Hilton but held out the last time for $100. I think you have to redeem at least each year by the annual anniversary of your signup date or else you lose the points.

I wouldn't worry about it too much - 1000 pts one way or the other isn't a big deal with Hilton.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by rove312
What are the current rules for expiration of E-rewards?
The currency expires by your membership year. e-Rewards also gives members an extra 30-day grace period to redeem expiring currencies. Log into your account and look for "Membership Year Ends." If it ends on 3/31/09, you'll have to redeem them by 4/30/09.

If you are confident you'll earn another $25 credit by the end of your membership year, then wait for it. If not, just grab 3K HH points now. However, if it took you 10 months to "earn" $50 credit since last May, chances are you won't get enough for the next level of HH redemption before your year's up.

BTW, if you happen to be a panel member, e-Rewards will send you a notice by the end of your membership year and extend your currencies for another membership year (if they decide to keep you as a panel member for another year).
Old Mar 23, 2009, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by rove312
...What are the current rules for expiration of E-rewards?...
Believe it or not, all the rules are spelled out on the e-rewards website. Click on Member Agreement (at bottom of home page) and a lengthy page (divided into 22 topics) comes up. Have a look at "Section 8) Expiration of e-Rewards Currency."
Old Mar 23, 2009, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I would wait until just before my anniversary date. The number of surveys and qualification rate is so unpredictable that you could have enough "$$" for a higher level of redemption before losing them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.