Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Well, that really was some coincidence. It's not like I'm in the airport more than every few months these days.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Kremmen
I'm sure you've all had the experience of taking half (or more) of a survey and it dumps you out for 25c. Well, a friend recently had a survey exit before even the first question and it credited the full $7.50! So good to see one go the user's way for a change.
A decade ago that happened a lot more often...

In fact, waaaaay back I remember that you'd often get $2 or $2.50 for getting kicked off of a survey that was often only $5 or $6 if you completed it. It really incentivized NOT completing surveys for many years.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Now, they have "robot" check before taking first daily survey. Damn annoying
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:34 am

I think erewards must of been getting hit by fraudsters as Captcha security levels now introduced on every survey.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
I think erewards must of been getting hit by fraudsters as Captcha security levels now introduced on every survey.
its rather quite annoying.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Kremmen
I'm sure you've all had the experience of taking half (or more) of a survey and it dumps you out for 25c.
This is getting worse and worse all the time. I just had the most egregious screening out yet - 91% into a survey about travel and I got the Unfortunately, your responses do not meet the criteria required to fully qualify and complete this study. Your e-Rewards account has been credited the partial credit amount.

Really, e-rewards? It took 91% of your survey to decide I didn't qualify?

I think I'm really done with them now.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, sometimes they have control questions, to see if you read them. "Please select blue". If you fail, it quits with the message you don't qualify. Not to say that this was the case, but happens.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Well, sometimes they have control questions, to see if you read them. "Please select blue". If you fail, it quits with the message you don't qualify. Not to say that this was the case, but happens.
Definitely was not the case, this particular survey didn't have any of those trick questions. I had just finished a question about food and drinks at places I traveled to and poof, disqualified. At 91% completed. Total waste of time.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:16 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ShopAround
Definitely was not the case, this particular survey didn't have any of those trick questions. I had just finished a question about food and drinks at places I traveled to and poof, disqualified. At 91% completed. Total waste of time.
That has happened to me a few times and after describing the survey in detail via a customer service ticket, I got the full credit amount as an adjustment.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:55 am

How long does it take for BA and Avios to post? Redeemed on 05/28...still not posted yet.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Flowchecker
How long does it take for BA and Avios to post? Redeemed on 05/28...still not posted yet.
Used to be very quick : now it seems anywhere between a day or 2 to over a month .Still plenty of time :-)
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:49 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Having a ton of problems with the surveys today. Two of them kicked me out for partial credit after half or more of the way thru, and another just kicked me out in the middle with no message at all.

The quality of the surveys themselves seems to be going way down. I had one yesterday I could barely answer because the questions didn't make any sense...

Edit: Offered 12 surveys this morning and only fully qualified on 1.......

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Jun 9, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
The quality of the surveys themselves seems to be going way down. I had one yesterday I could barely answer because the questions didn't make any sense...
Noticing that myself. Suppose it's there loss if the data they get out of it makes no sense...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have over $300 in my account (I only use them for Best Buy certs and $50 starbucks cards) and realized I haven't received a survey in over a month and thought maybe the invites were going into spam so logged into the website to find out my account is inactive and it gave me a link to email them and I haven't heard back.

How long should it take me to hear back? And why would my account be deactivated with that much in E-rewards currency when it's only been a month since I've done a survey? I'm going to be really pissed if I spent all the time doing surveys to lose the rewards (and I gave them some pretty detailed info on a couple surveys).
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I have over $300 in my account (I only use them for Best Buy certs and $50 starbucks cards) and realized I haven't received a survey in over a month and thought maybe the invites were going into spam so logged into the website to find out my account is inactive and it gave me a link to email them and I haven't heard back.

How long should it take me to hear back? And why would my account be deactivated with that much in E-rewards currency when it's only been a month since I've done a survey? I'm going to be really pissed if I spent all the time doing surveys to lose the rewards (and I gave them some pretty detailed info on a couple surveys).
It seems there has been quite a pattern developing, where accounts are deactivated while they hold a significant unredeemed balance.

Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest a good chance of being reactivated if you make a fuss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.