Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
It may be just that they're limiting the number of invites/completes for more active members.
Not limiting, I get no invitations at all... and cannot access surveys through the webpage, as I get "wrong country" error... It is their decision to block/erase most active users, of course, but... still very strange...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:47 am

Has anyone tried to redeem to ihg in the last week? I redeemed last tues and still no sign of points, someone did post on here just before a week ago that it only took them approx 2 x days i think.

Last edited by Tilly71; Jul 25, 2016 at 11:16 am
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: UAL DELTA AA
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Has anyone tried to redeem to ihg in the last week? I redeemed last tues and still no sign of points, someone did post on here just before a week ago that it only took them approx 2 x days i think.

I redeemed IHG early last week or earlier. Normally IHG posts in a few days for me - maximum. This last redemption took way longer than usual to post - but they posted nonetheless. It took about 7 or 8 days to post.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: UAL DELTA AA
Originally Posted by mirror74
Not limiting, I get no invitations at all... and cannot access surveys through the webpage, as I get "wrong country" error... It is their decision to block/erase most active users, of course, but... still very strange...
I get none at all. As far as the invitations being more selective - it is certainly possible.

I know someone (clears throat) that had several accounts and and all functioned normally - plenty of invitations and no issues with many redemption's. Then everything stopped cold. It is a mystery. In addition to slow redemption's currently - certainly males me think something is up with that company.

Anyway - is ANYONE getting regular invitations lately?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:54 pm

I went through a period earlier this year with no e-mail invitations. But that ended a few days ago when I got prompted to update my preferences. After doing that, I have gotten about an e-mail invitation a week. However. even when I was getting no e-mails, I still was able to do surveys by going to the e-rewards site and asking for them, and by using the e-rewards app.

FWIW, I have been a member for years. Always with just one account.

I mainly redeem for Hilton points, with occasional airline redemptions to keep lesser-used accounts active. Hilton only lets you redeem quarterly and I have a month to go to when I can again redeem. But I already have about $160. So by the time I can again spend $100 for 7,000 Hhonors points, I will be over two-thirds of the way to getting another 7,000. Hilton redemptions used to be instantaneous. Now they take a few hours, but still nothing to complain about.

It used to be that it took me three months to get a $100 in points. Now it sometimes takes half that time. So I am doing better right now with e-rewards than I ever have in the past. I'm sorry that your mileage is varying so much from mine.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:34 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Just go to the website every day around noon EST. Click the orange Find a Survey button near the top.

No need to wait for invitations. In the past 3 months, I have received maybe 10 emails. Which I am usually able to click on multiple times.

But I still get a chance to do a survey every day by going to the site. I usually get dq'd from 2 or 3 of them, and then finally get one I can complete for full credit. It is usually a $5+ survey too, plus the 25 cent credits for the ones I was dq'd on.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by g1230
I redeemed IHG early last week or earlier. Normally IHG posts in a few days for me - maximum. This last redemption took way longer than usual to post - but they posted nonetheless. It took about 7 or 8 days to post.
Thanks, exactly 7 x days after redeeming the points arrived late morning.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Tilly71
Thanks, exactly 7 x days after redeeming the points arrived late morning.
Same here. While United has it set up for a number of different reward programs for those miles to post almost instantly after each individual redemption, I suspect that for a lot of other loyalty programs, it's a batch processing of redemptions that gets sent in to them at fixed intervals (every 7 days, every 10 days, last day of month, etc.) by Research Now, and sometimes you just happen to redeem closer to batch processing day than other times.

With the latest points posting, I've now got my IHG platinum for another year. Wish that IHG would announce plans for Spire to know if it would be worth it for me to try for that or if I should shift over to Accor since I've got some vague plans to use them on vacation next year, and there can be some good value with their Ibis/Mercure/Novotel options.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:35 am
Suspended

Still no Hertz points.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I have not really seen any slow down in surveys. I am still receiving 2-3 email invitations every day (although I don't always qualify for the full survey). I usually redeem for United or AA miles. The United miles post instantly and the AA miles take 3-4 days. I redeemed for Hertz in February and it took two months to post. I am happy with e-rewards.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Update:

My Hertz redemption (submitted 7-3-2016) has still not posted but my wife's Hertz redemption (submitted 7-24-2016) posted today (7-29-2016).

Looks like I'll have to contact eRewards around 8-28-2016 (as they won't even investigate until 8 weeks after the date of your redemption).

Well, at least my wife's redemption posted without a problem this time ....
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Beware of a survey about TV streaming. I must have answered 30+ questions about HBO, Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix before screening out. Total waste of time for 25 cents.

I really am starting to question why I even bother with these surveys anymore as this business of screening out after many questions have been answered is becoming more and more frequent. I already closed my e-miles account after receiving too many emails about an offer only to find there was nothing that paid off - I think e-rewards may be next.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I'm with you on e-miles - they have become a joke. I used to take advantage of the charitable offers but haven't seen any of those in a year or more - and always had to chase down the miles when I did.

E-rewards has been a bit better but along with the screening out after a ton of questions I have had two cases (one today) where I got to 98% on a long survey only to have it say there was a system error and it ended the survey.
I kept the survey URL and will contact e-rewards if the amount doesn't post - but sheesh...

Originally Posted by ShopAround
Beware of a survey about TV streaming. I must have answered 30+ questions about HBO, Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix before screening out. Total waste of time for 25 cents.

I really am starting to question why I even bother with these surveys anymore as this business of screening out after many questions have been answered is becoming more and more frequent. I already closed my e-miles account after receiving too many emails about an offer only to find there was nothing that paid off - I think e-rewards may be next.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:30 am

For the past few days whenever I click on the "let's begin" button to start a survey it re-directs me to the page where you fill out your survey profile...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I haven't gotten any email invites in over a month, nor has my husband. Up until a couple weeks ago we could get surveys on the yellow button. And now since a week, no matter what we do or what browser we use we get the "wrong country" message as others have posted.

We are physically in our own country, E-rewards is showing the correct partners and profile address for our country, we are not using a VPN, a check on our IP shows the correct country. We have tried rebooting, deleting cookies, using private browsing and nothing is getting past that error message.

Has anyone found a work around?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.