Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
I had the EXACT same thing happen this evening--a survey that was supposed to be $7 with exactly $2.50 credited after. I know this is what happened because it was the only survey I did tonight (and none for the last couple of days so all my surveys have been credited) and I was signed in before the survey so I knew the balance both before and after. I was also paying closer attention because I felt like this happened a few days ago, but passively doing surveys while watching TV I couldn't be too sure, but now it seems confirmed.

Not worth it to constantly take screen shots and follow up on EVERY survey...
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I have noticed in the app sometimes when I fail out of a survey, the new option that loads will show the previous reward "$5"! Even if it is really only a .25 survey, so in my experience I guess I am receiving the intended credit, it just isn't showing the proper reward on the initial screen. That's how I understand it, anyways
Originally Posted by crimsona
Not sure if others notice the same thing, but for me the first survey after finding a new one will show the same reward as the original link, but in reality has a different incentive value.

In the situation above where the stated value was 7, in my case, that meant the original emailed link was 7 too
Not worth it to take screen shot of every survey and to chase the posting.

My policy from now on is do NOT click on the next survey once being disqualified the first one.

Instead, return to the email and use the link there - it then would bring up the next survey available! I tried this after the failing of posting of the $7 and saw the email brought up the next survey being $7!

Somehow the cookies seem to migrate and therefore attaching the previous offer to the next offer. dont know how to combat this other than NOT go thru the next survey and start all over.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Happy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels

I had the EXACT same thing happen this evening--a survey that was supposed to be $7 with exactly $2.50 credited after. I know this is what happened because it was the only survey I did tonight (and none for the last couple of days so all my surveys have been credited) and I was signed in before the survey so I knew the balance both before and after. I was also paying closer attention because I felt like this happened a few days ago, but passively doing surveys while watching TV I couldn't be too sure, but now it seems confirmed.

Not worth it to constantly take screen shots and follow up on EVERY survey...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

I have noticed in the app sometimes when I fail out of a survey, the new option that loads will show the previous reward "$5"! Even if it is really only a .25 survey, so in my experience I guess I am receiving the intended credit, it just isn't showing the proper reward on the initial screen. That's how I understand it, anyways

Quote:

Originally Posted by crimsona

Not sure if others notice the same thing, but for me the first survey after finding a new one will show the same reward as the original link, but in reality has a different incentive value.

In the situation above where the stated value was 7, in my case, that meant the original emailed link was 7 too

Not worth it to take screen shot of every survey and to chase the posting.

My policy from now on is do NOT click on the next survey once being disqualified the first one.

Instead, return to the email and use the link there - it then would bring up the next survey available! I tried this after the failing of posting of the $7 and saw the email brought up the next survey being $7!

Somehow the cookies seem to migrate and therefore attaching the previous offer to the next offer. dont know how to combat this other than NOT go thru the next survey and start all over.
It really doesn't matter what the value of the next survey is for me, because I'd probably end up doing it anyways, so I just consider it a surprise lol
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:15 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

It works both ways.

Plus, if you close an available survey, there is no guarantee it will be there if you go back and click again.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It happened again!

Had 2 nonqualifiers then led to a lengthy 20 min JD Power survey which successfully completed with the Congrat screen. NO posting of the $5 promised but the 0.25 for the 2 unsuccessful ones posted.

I took a screen shot on the 3rd one and then the screen shot of the Congrat screen. Tomorrow would send e-Rewards the inquiry if the $5 not posted and I dont think it would as they always posted immediately.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I received an offer of $2.00 for a 40 minute survey today. Gotta be the worst ratio of $/time I've ever received. Did not click on that one .... tls
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thelostshark
I received an offer of $2.00 for a 40 minute survey today. Gotta be the worst ratio of $/time I've ever received. Did not click on that one .... tls
Next time click that and quickly disqualify yourself if it still offers 0.25.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Nice to see that HHonors redemption is still instantaneous.

Any experience[s] how long will EY miles take?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
e-rewards outside country

I used e-rewards for years. I signed up for it in the US and most of the time I did the surveys from the US. Last year I was outside of the country so I was using a VPN service to access the surveys. That was working okay throughout the time I was away. I was then back in the US late last year until just a couple of weeks ago and everything worked fine. I left the US again in early February and assumed that the VPN thing would work but now even with the VPN on and after checking for an IP leak (there is none) the surveys always send me an error that I am outside the country from which the survey was intended. I tried to clear the cache of my browser but that did not help either. Has anyone been successful getting these to work with some kind of tweak?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iang000
I left the US again in early February and assumed that the VPN thing would work but now even with the VPN on and after checking for an IP leak (there is none) the surveys always send me an error that I am outside the country from which the survey was intended. I tried to clear the cache of my browser but that did not help either. Has anyone been successful getting these to work with some kind of tweak?
Clearing your cache doesn't matter, but they seem to set cookies, so you should clear them after any time that you get an outside US error. I would guess that maybe you're using a VPN that they know about and are specifically treating as non-US because it's a known gateway from overseas.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:43 am

Not had any invites for a couple of weeks. Frustrating!

I've 30 old emails stored away for this eventuality. Alas, no hidden surveys could be found.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by iang000
I used e-rewards for years. I signed up for it in the US and most of the time I did the surveys from the US. Last year I was outside of the country so I was using a VPN service to access the surveys. That was working okay throughout the time I was away. I was then back in the US late last year until just a couple of weeks ago and everything worked fine. I left the US again in early February and assumed that the VPN thing would work but now even with the VPN on and after checking for an IP leak (there is none) the surveys always send me an error that I am outside the country from which the survey was intended. I tried to clear the cache of my browser but that did not help either. Has anyone been successful getting these to work with some kind of tweak?
I've been doing the same thing and nothing seems to work. I've tried several VPNs & proxies & Firefox unblock extensions (free ones) and they seem to know you are not in the USA. I've Googled and see that Netflix also found a way to block VPNs & proxies so I think that at least the surveymyopinion ones are using the same technology. Very frustrating for expat Americans!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:18 pm

It will be interesting when I am in the UK and Canada later this year to see if using the VPN of the corporation I work for does the trick. Only employees of the company have the ability to use that VPN, so it is probably not on the radar of e-Rewards. If nonetheless e-Rewards blocks it, that would tell me that the technology they use is not based on a white-list or black-list of public VPN IP ranges.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by amanuensis
It will be interesting when I am in the UK and Canada later this year to see if using the VPN of the corporation I work for does the trick. Only employees of the company have the ability to use that VPN, so it is probably not on the radar of e-Rewards.
I bet you'll be fine. Connecting to a private proxy in the USA still works as it always has.

Even Netflix seems to be just gradually adding to a blacklist. It wouldn't surprise me if e-rewards is just buying Netflix's list of IPs. Another possibility is that they are doing by quantity of connections. If 100 users connect to e-rewards from the same IP address, it's probably a VPN or a big company and it wouldn't be too hard to work out which.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Any experience[s] how long will EY miles take?
Even though they quote 4-6 weeks, it only took 2-3 days.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Not had any invites for a couple of weeks. Frustrating!

I've 30 old emails stored away for this eventuality. Alas, no hidden surveys could be found.
Finally got some surveys again, and refreshingly, E-Rewards have added a 'Find a Survey' button on the home page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.