Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:18 pm

My wife signed up last week and recently got this bonus offer. Not a bad deal.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:20 pm

I'm brand new to erewards. I just signed up last week and already completed a few surveys and have $19 in my account. In addition to that, there is a promotion for a bonus based on how many surveys you complete in Feb. If this keeps up I will qualify for the 100% bonus.

But that's not why I posted. I tried to do a search on here but it's down. I just went in and checked out the reward center. Under southwest I had an offer of 500 rapid reward miles for $0. I have no idea if this is a newbie thing or what but thought I'd post. Easy 500 rr for the few moments it took to fill out the redemption form.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:27 pm

If you signed up through Southwest, that is your bonus after completing 1 survey.

Originally Posted by pollyprissypants
I'm brand new to erewards. I just signed up last week and already completed a few surveys and have $19 in my account. In addition to that, there is a promotion for a bonus based on how many surveys you complete in Feb. If this keeps up I will qualify for the 100% bonus.

But that's not why I posted. I tried to do a search on here but it's down. I just went in and checked out the reward center. Under southwest I had an offer of 500 rapid reward miles for $0. I have no idea if this is a newbie thing or what but thought I'd post. Easy 500 rr for the few moments it took to fill out the redemption form.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:29 pm

That makes sense. Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
My wife signed up last week and recently got this bonus offer. Not a bad deal.
Those are great offers!
There aren't really any offers like that for existing members so enjoy it while you can!

Last edited by Suite Disposition; Feb 7, 2016 at 12:31 am
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by pollyprissypants
In addition to that, there is a promotion for a bonus based on how many surveys you complete in Feb. If this keeps up I will qualify for the 100% bonus.
Originally Posted by Suite Disposition
Those are great offers!
There aren't really any offers like that for existing members so enjoy it while you can!
There was something similar back in November. I was already signed up to collect avios wiith BA. E-Rewards offered bonus points for surveys throughout the month, I recall. I think I got 600 points after it finished.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rewards from "found more survey" not posted

Have anyone experienced this -

when you went to a questionnaire which located a survey for you, You successfully completed the survey and got the satisfactory evaluation screen. You finished that, submitted the evaluation. Usually the earning would post to your account within a minute or 2.

However I have found there are quite a few occasions that the earnings never post. Or the posted amount is way less than the final survey. Just had one that started with $7.00 but only posted $2.50 from the "leading survey" which I was not qualified. Then it led to a second survey which I finished with the satisfactory evaluation screen yet only got $2.50 versus the $7.00 on the offer page.

I vaguely remember that in the past some folks mentioned about the earnings from this multiple steps "chain" have often lost in the cyber space. Some said not to do this kind of survey anymore.

Can you share your experiences?

It would be a nuisance to make screen shot of each survey then screen shot of a successful completion. After a few miss postings, I guess that is the thing to do despite the inconvenience and annoyance.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Opinions on best value for redemption?

For $100 e-rewards dollars, which is the better deal?
1,000 Virgin Elevate Points
7,000 Hilton Honors Points
2,000 Alaska Airlines Miles
2,000 American Airlines Miles

I rarely fly the other airlines available, but maybe Southwest (also 2,000 miles)

Thoughts?

I like to go to Maui, which the 3 airlines above all go to, and there's the Grand Wailea there (Hilton). Also looking at Puerto Rico next year....
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

None of them will get you anywhere. It depends on what your balances are like
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:16 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Whichever you choose, be sure to focus most of your other earning efforts with that program.

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
For $100 e-rewards dollars, which is the better deal?
1,000 Virgin Elevate Points
7,000 Hilton Honors Points
2,000 Alaska Airlines Miles
2,000 American Airlines Miles

I rarely fly the other airlines available, but maybe Southwest (also 2,000 miles)

Thoughts?

I like to go to Maui, which the 3 airlines above all go to, and there's the Grand Wailea there (Hilton). Also looking at Puerto Rico next year....
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
None of them will get you anywhere. It depends on what your balances are like
I realize that, but I guess what I'm asking is what is worth more? 1k Virgin points, 7k Hilton points, or 2k miles on AA or Alaska?

I earn $100 e-rewards about 3 or 4 times a year.

I have been putting them into Virgin, because I like their airline, and they now fly to Maui, but the rate is poor ($100 for 1k points), it seems.

I used to always get Hawaiian Miles, but they are no longer in this program.
Hilton has devalued their points so much, I'm not sure if 7k of them is equal even to 1k Elevate points.

Alaska has a nice program, and they fly out of my local airport (Charles Schultz), which is a plus, and I can go almost anywhere with AA miles, and SW goes to PR now, I think, so I'm just not sure which program to choose
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Southwest is dollar-based redemption, so most useful if you can reserve a flight far enough ahead to get their 'Wanna Get Away' fare bucket. Once they sell out of those, redemption rates can be surprisingly awful, especially if your route involves connections.

My understanding of Hilton is that if you want the program to be genuinely useful, especially for higher level redemptions, it's best to jump in with both feet and max out elite bonuses and credit card multipliers.

I'm not familiar with Alaska, and Virgin's route map is limited so I'd probably just got for the American miles since they're quite versatile.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Happy

when you went to a questionnaire which located a survey for you, You successfully completed the survey and got the satisfactory evaluation screen. You finished that, submitted the evaluation. Usually the earning would post to your account within a minute or 2.

However I have found there are quite a few occasions that the earnings never post. Or the posted amount is way less than the final survey. Just had one that started with $7.00 but only posted $2.50 from the "leading survey" which I was not qualified. Then it led to a second survey which I finished with the satisfactory evaluation screen yet only got $2.50 versus the $7.00 on the offer page.

I vaguely remember that in the past some folks mentioned about the earnings from this multiple steps "chain" have often lost in the cyber space. Some said not to do this kind of survey anymore.

It would be a nuisance to make screen shot of each survey then screen shot of a successful completion. After a few miss postings, I guess that is the thing to do despite the inconvenience and annoyance.
I had the EXACT same thing happen this evening--a survey that was supposed to be $7 with exactly $2.50 credited after. I know this is what happened because it was the only survey I did tonight (and none for the last couple of days so all my surveys have been credited) and I was signed in before the survey so I knew the balance both before and after. I was also paying closer attention because I felt like this happened a few days ago, but passively doing surveys while watching TV I couldn't be too sure, but now it seems confirmed.

Not worth it to constantly take screen shots and follow up on EVERY survey...
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy

I had the EXACT same thing happen this evening--a survey that was supposed to be $7 with exactly $2.50 credited after. I know this is what happened because it was the only survey I did tonight (and none for the last couple of days so all my surveys have been credited) and I was signed in before the survey so I knew the balance both before and after. I was also paying closer attention because I felt like this happened a few days ago, but passively doing surveys while watching TV I couldn't be too sure, but now it seems confirmed.

Not worth it to constantly take screen shots and follow up on EVERY survey...
I have noticed in the app sometimes when I fail out of a survey, the new option that loads will show the previous reward "$5"! Even if it is really only a .25 survey, so in my experience I guess I am receiving the intended credit, it just isn't showing the proper reward on the initial screen. That's how I understand it, anyways
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:01 am

Not sure if others notice the same thing, but for me the first survey after finding a new one will show the same reward as the original link, but in reality has a different incentive value.

In the situation above where the stated value was 7, in my case, that meant the original emailed link was 7 too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.