Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Jan 30, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: US Airways Gold United Premier Exec Hilton Diamond Marriott Gold National Exec Elite AA Platinum
Originally Posted by sosafan
Today I received an email from e-rewards with the subject "ERI test"
and body "text body".

Has anyone else seen this?
i got this too, when I clicked on it I was asked to enter a password. Tried my e-rewards sign in, password, etc nothing worked.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I am an e-rewards member but have not gotten one of those.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I finally came across a survey that doesn't work if user's IP address is outside the USA. e-rewards itself isn't blocking it, but the survey host (frontgate.lightspeedpanel.com) claims, untruthfully: "This site is under Maintenance..." Works perfectly through a US IP address.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Kremmen's experience is similar to what I reported in Post #368 about attempting to access UK surveys from the US !
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
E-rewards is a scam

I have come to the conclusion that e-rewards is nothing more than a scam. At one time, I would complete surveys and get "rewarded" with the monetary amount specified. However, within the past year I have noticed more and more surveys where you answer 20 minutes of detailed questions (for a supposedly 15 minute survey) only to be notified that you do not qualify - they want to get all the required information to have an accurate survey but are unwilling to pay for it. The other problem, which has been getting worse and worse, is the severe under estimate of the time required to complete the survey. I am an extremely fast reader and earlier this week I had a survey for the lottery which stated it would take 20 minutes to complete, took me almost 50 minutes. When I wrote to complain they just answered they would investigate. At one time if you wrote in because you believe you had been cheated they would credit your accout, but no more. I just cashed in my account - I am through with e-rewards. I used it to keep accounts active but it is much easier just to buy something from the shopping mall on line.

gnomie
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Gnomie, I respectfully disagree. I think calling e-rewards a "scam" (a fraudulent business activity) is a stretch. Yes, I've gotten a few abusive surveys over the years, where I ended up answering a lot of questions only to be told that I didn't qualify. In my experience, these have been a very small percentage of the surveys I've been offered. (I just checked my records and found one complaint to e-rewards in the past two years, and they subsequently credited my account for the $10 in e-rewards currency for that survey.) I'm sorry that it's happening more and more to you, but my experience is very different.

Perhaps e-rewards could do a better job of vetting some of the survey sponsors, but I don't see it as a critical issue with the program. I earned 6,000 airline miles via e-rewards last year, and have enough e-rewards right now for another 2,000 airline miles. I receive something of value from the program every year (as does my wife), and I don't feel like I'm being scammed.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by bob12403
Gnomie, I respectfully disagree. I think calling e-rewards a "scam" (a fraudulent business activity) is a stretch. Yes, I've gotten a few abusive surveys over the years, where I ended up answering a lot of questions only to be told that I didn't qualify. In my experience, these have been a very small percentage of the surveys I've been offered. (I just checked my records and found one complaint to e-rewards in the past two years, and they subsequently credited my account for the $10 in e-rewards currency for that survey.) I'm sorry that it's happening more and more to you, but my experience is very different.

Perhaps e-rewards could do a better job of vetting some of the survey sponsors, but I don't see it as a critical issue with the program. I earned 6,000 airline miles via e-rewards last year, and have enough e-rewards right now for another 2,000 airline miles. I receive something of value from the program every year (as does my wife), and I don't feel like I'm being scammed.
+1 .... occasional problems/issues .... yes .... a scam .... no way!

Three times, in the last 8 months, I have complained to eRewards concerning surveys that took a long time then I was rejected and all three times I was rewarded extra $; twice I received the full value of the survey (as I spent almost the estimated time of the survey before being rejected). I don't complain when there's a minor issue just when there's a major issue (i.e. more than 15 minutes then rejection). Although I often have surveys (which I have completed for full credit) take longer than estimated but I can't remember any which took more than twice as long (i.e. such as gnomie's one which took 50 minutes when it was estimated at 20 minutes). I wonder if that was one where gnomie's connection or the survey's web site was experiencing "overload" issues (i.e. significant time lost in processing pages, going to the next page, etc)?

I think they do the best they can but they don't create/do the surveys so the only way they know of "issues" is if someone complains.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by gnomie
I have come to the conclusion that e-rewards is nothing more than a scam. At one time, I would complete surveys and get "rewarded" with the monetary amount specified. However, within the past year I have noticed more and more surveys where you answer 20 minutes of detailed questions (for a supposedly 15 minute survey) only to be notified that you do not qualify - they want to get all the required information to have an accurate survey but are unwilling to pay for it. The other problem, which has been getting worse and worse, is the severe under estimate of the time required to complete the survey. I am an extremely fast reader and earlier this week I had a survey for the lottery which stated it would take 20 minutes to complete, took me almost 50 minutes. When I wrote to complain they just answered they would investigate. At one time if you wrote in because you believe you had been cheated they would credit your accout, but no more. I just cashed in my account - I am through with e-rewards. I used it to keep accounts active but it is much easier just to buy something from the shopping mall on line.

gnomie
I don't think e-rewards itself is a scam but some of the surveys did shift to collecting tons of customer data then you'd get "sorry", no reward at the end. To me those surveys are scamming me for info then ducking a payout. I linked the e-rewards decline to a struggling US economy and fewer corporations paying for these surveys ( Liked the Auto Manufacturer ones for big pts) so the frequency and value of surveys dropped dramatically. Although I've earned 70,000 Hilton Honors points in the last 4 years the value of participating in e-rewards ie few good surveys in 2010-11, I decided to terminate my membership, leave $3 behind, and spend the time on something else. What was a good thing over time declined and I'd not be surprised if they went out of business so cashed out.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Funny thing is, I've gotten MORE e-rewards surveys in the past year than I generally did in each of the several previous years.

I doubt that e-rewards is "going out of business."

Whether it's really a worthwhile use of my time is another issue entirely.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
earned a penny on a Erewards survey!!!!

Wow after 10 minutes of questions I was disqualified and earned 1 penny:

# Topic: Study about Business Technology
# Research Sponsor: Harris InteractiveA Valued e-Rewards Partner
# Full credit amount*: receive $10.00 in e-Rewards Currency when you access and fully complete the research survey.
# Partial credit amount*: receive $0.01 in e-Rewards Currency as a token of our appreciation if your survey answers do not meet the criteria to fully qualify for the study OR if the predetermined number of participants has been reached.
# The full survey should take approximately 25 minutes to complete.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:12 am

Wow, Anbhc! All my surveys offer a consolation payout of 25c--$1 !
Anyway in mid-January I was rejected after ~20 questions about a health problem, so I complained as others had described in this thread. Next day I got a response from an e-r employee Ben who credited my account for the full amount ! Try it!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 8:43 am

Programs: IHG; DL, JB, SW, UA, US, Ch, Crl, HzG, EmC, AmtGR regular; TSA Disp Tinfoil
In my nsh opinion, if they pay a consolation of 1 penny after 10 minutes of survey, that's worth a complaint.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Question Hilton rewards out of stock?

I was trying to redeem $100 for 7,000 HitlonHonors points and I kept getting "unable to communicate with Hilton Honors" as an error message. Now when trying to redeem, it shows "7,000 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points (Out of Stock)" and when checking the other HH redemption values, they are also all "out of stock". Any thoughts?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by goalie
I was trying to redeem $100 for 7,000 HitlonHonors points and I kept getting "unable to communicate with Hilton Honors" as an error message. Now when trying to redeem, it shows "7,000 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points (Out of Stock)" and when checking the other HH redemption values, they are also all "out of stock". Any thoughts?

I had the same experience. I was just going to post here and ask if others had this problem. Hopefully erewards is not getting rid of the Hilton points association since this is one of the only rewards I find attractive. I emailed them the other day when I was getting the communication error. I wiill post back if I get an answer.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:58 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Carolellen607
I had the same experience. I was just going to post here and ask if others had this problem. Hopefully erewards is not getting rid of the Hilton points association since this is one of the only rewards I find attractive. I emailed them the other day when I was getting the communication error. I wiill post back if I get an answer.
Thank you ^ and at least I'm not alone in not only seeing this and if finding the HH reward one of the best ones

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.