Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ecaarch
e-rewards is probably the best of all of the survey-for-points types for customer service and compensating for bad surveys/links/etc. Some of the others, not so much.
I have found that to be true in the past. However, recently I have received much more of a "too bad so sad" response when contacting with issues.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by dstan
Hmmm. Last year I definitely had to subscribe to some random magazines I didn't really want because the value was about to expire, and only something like 25% of the remaining balance was carried over into the new year. (I had built up a big balance due to a particularly lucrative focus group study, and wasn't careful about redeeming HHonors points along the way (limited to once per quarter).)

Fingers crossed - this would be a significant improvement to the program for me if I don't have to worry about expiration anymore.
Just as a suggestion, Priority Club has no such limitation.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:39 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by foxberg
Just as a suggestion, Priority Club has no such limitation.
Thanks - I was originally sponsored by AA and they are no longer a participant. I did receive an offer to join via PC, but e-Rewards would only do it as a separate account after closing the first, and thereafter my PC link didn't work.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 1:40 pm

I did receive an offer to join via PC, but e-Rewards would only do it as a separate account after closing the first, and thereafter my PC link didn't work.
What do you mean? Couldn't you use a different email address to register another e-rewards account?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 1:43 pm

What do you mean? Couldn't you use a different email address to register another e-rewards account?
Yes, that was the plan after they told me I couldn't add PC to my existing account, but the registration link no longer worked at that point for some reason.

PC would be much more useful to me than HH, as the points count toward status.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:42 am

Thanks - I was originally sponsored by AA and they are no longer a participant. I did receive an offer to join via PC, but e-Rewards would only do it as a separate account after closing the first, and thereafter my PC link didn't work.
Another suggestion for the future: email e-rewards cs and ask them as a courtesy to extend the expiration of your currency for another membership year. Explain that you've been an active participant in their program and they will likely extend your currency. This is the note that's popped up on my account from time to time:

"Currency Expiration: Thank You For Your Participation:

As one of our most valued Members, your participation is important to us, and we want to help you get the most out of our program.

A Special Thank You

Thank you for your participation in the e-Rewards® program. Because you are a valued Member, the e-Rewards Currency in your account will not expire this year and will remain available to you for Reward redemptions for another Membership Year.

We thank you for your participation in the e-Rewards program. As a Member of one of the nation's largest opinion panels, you help thousands of companies shape their future products and services. And, we are pleased to continue rewarding you for the time you spend sharing your opinions.

As always, thank you for your membership. Continue to check your inbox and Member home page for future opportunities to earn e-Rewards Currency."
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Ritz
Another suggestion for the future: email e-rewards cs and ask them as a courtesy to extend the expiration of your currency for another membership year. Explain that you've been an active participant in their program and they will likely extend your currency. This is the note that's popped up on my account from time to time:

As one of our most valued Members, your participation is important to us, and we want to help you get the most out of our program.

A Special Thank You

Thank you for your participation in the e-Rewards® program. Because you are a valued Member, the e-Rewards Currency in your account will not expire this year and will remain available to you for Reward redemptions for another Membership Year.

We thank you for your participation in the e-Rewards program. As a Member of one of the nation's largest opinion panels, you help thousands of companies shape their future products and services. And, we are pleased to continue rewarding you for the time you spend sharing your opinions.

As always, thank you for your membership. Continue to check your inbox and Member home page for future opportunities to earn e-Rewards Currency."
I think this is automatic this year for everybody. All of my accounts received extensions.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 4:19 pm

I think this is automatic this year for everybody. All of my accounts received extensions.
Thanks - that was my suspicion & reason for asking.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
When do you get the currency expiration waiver?

Does anyone know how long before your expiration month this notification typically shows up? I got one for the first time in 2010 but don't know how far in advance of my expiration date it first appeared.

Originally Posted by Ritz

A Special Thank You

Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by needtoescape
Does anyone know how long before your expiration month this notification typically shows up? I got one for the first time in 2010 but don't know how far in advance of my expiration date it first appeared.
My wife's points were scheduled to expire on Feb 1, 2011. She got the extension notice sometime around the end of December. Not sure of the exact time frame, but 4-5 weeks before expiration would be a pretty accurate guess.

However....the date of her expiration is still showing as Feb 1, 2011 in her account. We've contacted CS, and have in writing their assurance that her expiration date has been extended one year. I guess it doesn't reset until the original expiration date has passed.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Thanks for the feedback; I didn't check my account until about 3 weeks before the expiration date, so your data point helps. My expiration date is August 1, so it would be good to know before June 30 if my points will be extended, since some redemptions are limited to one per calendar year quarter.

Regarding the change in the expiration date, I think you are right about the change not occurring until after the original expiration. I took a screenshot of my account balance August 2 and it showed the update to Aug 2011, but unfortunately, I didn't take a screen shot earlier to compare.

Originally Posted by bob12403
My wife's points were scheduled to expire on Feb 1, 2011. She got the extension notice sometime around the end of December. Not sure of the exact time frame, but 4-5 weeks before expiration would be a pretty accurate guess.

However....the date of her expiration is still showing as Feb 1, 2011 in her account. We've contacted CS, and have in writing their assurance that her expiration date has been extended one year. I guess it doesn't reset until the original expiration date has passed.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Bob, I too got an extension in Sep. from Nov. 1/ 2010 until Nov. 1/ 2011. Yes, they waited until after the original date to update my display.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Brendan
Bob, I too got an extension in Sep. from Nov. 1/ 2010 until Nov. 1/ 2011. Yes, they waited until after the original date to update my display.
Thanks, Brendan, this confirms what CS told me when I asked about changing the date. I grabbed a screenshot of her account just in case, though!

UPDATE: My wife's account expiration was indeed extended by one year. As Brendan indicated, the change in the display took place on or shortly after the original date of expiration.

Last edited by bob12403; Feb 5, 2011 at 1:28 pm
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Today I received an email from e-rewards with the subject "ERI test"
and body "text body".

Has anyone else seen this?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
Multiple e-rewards accounts

I just got an invitation for an e-rewards account from Alaska. I already have one linked to Delta.

Obviously I have to use a different email address when I accept the account for Alaska.

Question: do I need to be careful about browsers when I answer emails from e-rewards? That is, are there e-rewards cookies that will get confused if I do
surveys from both accounts in the same browser?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.