Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by amanuensis
Because of some of the posts in this thread, I don't trust survey data either.
LOL true story
Old May 25, 2017, 1:35 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Recently redeemed e-rewards from 2 accounts (UK), to the same loyalty program account.

Entered a different phone number for each account, and both transfers went through ok. Hope I don't get deactivated but looking like business as usual so far
Old May 26, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
I've done this several times lately, and so far so good. I'd say that once you get the miles/points, there's no turning back.
Old May 31, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Anyone tried using the same phone number for two accounts? Almost tempted to see if it works
Old May 31, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by neuromancer
Anyone tried using the same phone number for two accounts? Almost tempted to see if it works
good luck with that .. but some reported above using a German phone number and getting automatically banned. Can't you just use a husband / wife / friend's phone? Sounds safer.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by neuromancer
I've had the same number on my account and my wife's account with no issues until I went to redeem from both accounts a week ago - it asked for a phone number to send a text or msg to. I did mine ok but when I went to do my wife's it said that phone number was already being used....had to drag out her "emergency" cell phone to make it work.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
good luck with that .. but some reported above using a German phone number and getting automatically banned. Can't you just use a husband / wife / friend's phone? Sounds safer.
I use my old UK prepay sim for my UK account now. It costs nothing to receive texts.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If you have iOS, install the app Swytch. They have a one week free trial and you can get your own UK VOIP phone number.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by diburning
If you have iOS, install the app Swytch. They have a one week free trial and you can get your own UK VOIP phone number.
Worth a look. Thanks for that.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Well, web-based SMS services don't work, I doubt this will...
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I'm sure you've all had the experience of taking half (or more) of a survey and it dumps you out for 25c. Well, a friend recently had a survey exit before even the first question and it credited the full $7.50! So good to see one go the user's way for a change.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Very odd.... I arrived at the airport and within 30 minutes, received an email that I could spend my time waiting doing a survey. Except I no longer have the app installed on my phone. I am signed in to the mobile site since the app no longer works. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think signing out of the mobile site would prevent them from tracking me? Quite honestly, I'm not OK with this at all. I have most location services turned off and well as location advertising.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Very odd.... I arrived at the airport and within 30 minutes, received an email that I could spend my time waiting doing a survey. Except I no longer have the app installed on my phone. I am signed in to the mobile site since the app no longer works. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you think signing out of the mobile site would prevent them from tracking me? Quite honestly, I'm not OK with this at all. I have most location services turned off and well as location advertising.
I received the same ad - wasn't traveling and don't have a laptop - so I think it was just a coincidence :-)
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
OK... that's good to know Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bj2757
I received the same ad - wasn't traveling and don't have a laptop - so I think it was just a coincidence :-)
Yes, just coincidence. I got exactly the same e-mail, while I was sitting on my balcony 40km from the nearest airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.