Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Smiley90
There's no obvious "best choice" for rewards redemption, is there?
(unless you're like, VERY close to the next elite-tier on IHG or so)
I have always redeemed my e-rewards for IHG points but I am now considering redeeming for Macy's e-cards. I'm going to redeem for 1 and if they are easy to use and no hassle, I may make that switch permanent.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
If you're regularly in their hotel footprint, Le Club Accor can be pretty useful. Not too hard to get a 40 euro voucher for them and, like IHG, they're been posting as elite-qualifying points.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Suite Disposition
I have always redeemed my e-rewards for IHG points but I am now considering redeeming for Macy's e-cards. I'm going to redeem for 1 and if they are easy to use and no hassle, I may make that switch permanent.
Assuming airline miles are worth 1.7c and hotel points are at their average value on Hotel Hustle, you get roughly the following return per e-rewards dollar:
Most airlines: 34c
BA: 48c
Most hotels (IHG, Hilton, Club Carlson): 25c
Accor: 36c

However, if you use miles for premium cabin awards and hotel points when the points value is good, it's easy to get double that benefit. Against that, Macy's return of 36c/$ is quite poor.

(Even at dollar for dollar, I'd not consider e-rewards fantastic value, unless you are getting status out of it, or you are using it to prevent an account expiring. If shopping vouchers were the only option, I'd give up e-rewards completely.)
Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:54 am

I'd earnt enough points for an Avios reward on Saturday so I put an order in.

This morning the Avios were added to my account at 9:30am. That's an E-Rewards record!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
I'd earnt enough points for an Avios reward on Saturday so I put an order in.

This morning the Avios were added to my account at 9:30am. That's an E-Rewards record!
That is amazing turn around time. Very Impressive!
I will see how quickly my next award arrives. With IHG points it was always a few weeks.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:09 am

I came to a similar analysis. Check out the PDF attached.

I've actually been moving to Choice recently. They changed their expiration policy to just keeping it active and point never just go away. Our strategy is to limit expenses and Choice actually has some good options when you need to stay somewhere for a night or two at 8000 to 12000 points. IHG generally doesn't offer that level of redemption unless you are lucky and get Points Break.

Originally Posted by Kremmen
Assuming airline miles are worth 1.7c and hotel points are at their average value on Hotel Hustle, you get roughly the following return per e-rewards dollar:
Most airlines: 34c
BA: 48c
Most hotels (IHG, Hilton, Club Carlson): 25c
Accor: 36c

However, if you use miles for premium cabin awards and hotel points when the points value is good, it's easy to get double that benefit. Against that, Macy's return of 36c/$ is quite poor.

(Even at dollar for dollar, I'd not consider e-rewards fantastic value, unless you are getting status out of it, or you are using it to prevent an account expiring. If shopping vouchers were the only option, I'd give up e-rewards completely.)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Point Evaluation.pdf (225.3 KB, 143 views)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Anyone not getting survey points after emailing to complain about surveys that crash near the end?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Anyone not getting survey points after emailing to complain about surveys that crash near the end?
It takes them a while to reply but I do get them. I try and include as much info as possible including screenshots.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:38 pm

I have never had a problem with getting credit for surveys that I did not initially receive credit for.
I send them the survey topic, date & time I completed it and how much the amount was to complete the survey.
The few times this has happened, e-rewards responded promptly and credited my account.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 2:04 am

The few times this has happened, e-rewards responded promptly and credited my account.
I can't speak for others but it's rarely a problem for me, too. It's happened maybe four times.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:33 pm

I don't know if this is a trend but I have either been clicking on old links in emails or logging into the e-rewards site daily since Jan 1 and there has always been a survey to take that I am getting credit for.
I don't ever remember having this many survey competitions so close together. It usually takes me a 3-4 months to get enough to redeem $100 and I already have that just since January 1.
Maybe they have a lot of new clients.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:44 am

I don't know if this is a trend but I have either been clicking on old links in emails or logging into the e-rewards site daily since Jan 1 and there has always been a survey to take that I am getting credit for.
I don't ever remember having this many survey competitions so close together. It usually takes me a 3-4 months to get enough to redeem $100 and I already have that just since January 1.
Maybe they have a lot of new clients.
I have a folder of 20 old E-Reward email invites. I clicked through 17 and got nothing. Tried the 18th and a survey came up

Definitely worth keeping every email.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: AA AS DL UA US WN Choice Gold, BW Diamond, PClub Plat, HHonnors Gold, Marriott, Carlson Gold
Has anyone been lucky to be able to do e-rewards surveys outside of their home country? I get a message that I am outside of my country when I attempt a survey even when I use a VPN. I travel outside the country often and stay away for long periods of time so if anyone knows a workaround let me know.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:36 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by iang000
Has anyone been lucky to be able to do e-rewards surveys outside of their home country? I get a message that I am outside of my country when I attempt a survey even when I use a VPN. I travel outside the country often and stay away for long periods of time so if anyone knows a workaround let me know.
Started getting the same message today as well. Even when using a UK proxy.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:05 pm

i am getting it IN my home country. Not sure what's going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.