Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Which e-rewards reward(s) do you redeem for and why?

I am finding it challenging to decide which one(s) represent the best value for me and would find it helpful to have insight into others' decision making process.
I have 2 accounts, one to transfer to Rapid Rewards points and the other to AAdvantage miles.

My inbox is always getting cluttered with survey opportunities but I've been getting lazy.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I have 2 accounts, one to transfer to Rapid Rewards points and the other to AAdvantage miles.

My inbox is always getting cluttered with survey opportunities but I've been getting lazy.
It's tiresome, especially since you always have to answer the demographic questions each time.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
FYI, the new travel survey had me go through answering 15+ questions about my participation in various frequent hotel stay programs, hotel chains, etc. and info about upcoming travel including price per night, how I booked, what hotel (requiring typing in places, etc.) and then told me that capacity had been reached.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by floridagal23
FYI, the new travel survey had me go through answering 15+ questions about my participation in various frequent hotel stay programs, hotel chains, etc. and info about upcoming travel including price per night, how I booked, what hotel (requiring typing in places, etc.) and then told me that capacity had been reached.
I hate when that happens to me. They really ought to do something about it. Makes you think they are trying to discourage folks from getting erewards dollars.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I've seen that happen more and more these days - you get pretty far into a survey and then it disqualifies you. I've stopped responding to the longer surveys because I feel like I've been burned too often and don't want to waste my time for 25 cents.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:23 am
dc3

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by eajusa
I hate when that happens to me. They really ought to do something about it. Makes you think they are trying to discourage folks from getting erewards dollars.
===

Sam thing happened to me. I hope someone from e-rewards monitors this list.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Yes, for sure.

I know it's not what some might think - they don't just recruit 100 people and only realize after they ask us 15 questions, and only then realize they have 100 already. They need to sort us into categories, and only then do they know whether they have enough patients of a particular type.

BUT, I have watched the rewards for trying and being screened out steadily fall, and the length of the screeners steadily rise.

I can live with being screened out, but yeah, it pisses me off when it takes too long. If they'd raise the reward for that commensurately for these long qualifying questions, I'd be a lot more satisfied, and try more often.

FTF

Last edited by FullTimeFlyer; Apr 16, 2015 at 11:20 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:45 pm

Anybody have a timeline for how long it takes to get an AA reward? I'm sitting at 22 days and waiting now (redeemed April 2, still nothing in AA)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by crimsona
Anybody have a timeline for how long it takes to get an AA reward? I'm sitting at 22 days and waiting now (redeemed April 2, still nothing in AA)
I processed one on 18 April that hit my eRewards account today.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:01 pm
dc3

===

I requested an award April 1 and have seen nothing. I wonder if it because
I changed the name on the account because I was giving the miles to my father-in-law to top off miles for an AA award and e-rewards says the name on the accoutn needs to be same as the name on the AA account. I did get an email addresses to him saying the miles would be transferred in 6-8 weeks.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by dc3
Quote:

===

I requested an award April 1 and have seen nothing. I wonder if it because
I changed the name on the account because I was giving the miles to my father-in-law to top off miles for an AA award and e-rewards says the name on the accoutn needs to be same as the name on the AA account. I did get an email addresses to him saying the miles would be transferred in 6-8 weeks.
Changing names on erewards accounts does not matter, as long as both names on both accounts are the same. I switch it up often.

What my biggest concern is, is that I redeemed miles from e-miles to my AA account (after the switch over) this was over a month ago and I am still waiting for them to post, in the amount of 7,500 miles I am waiting on!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Yes, for sure.

I know it's not what some might think - they don't just recruit 100 people and only realize after they ask us 15 questions, and only then realize they have 100 already. They need to sort us into categories, and only then do they know whether they have enough patients of a particular type.

BUT, I have watched the rewards for trying and being screened out steadily fall, and the length of the screeners steadily rise.

I can live with being screened out, but yeah, it pisses me off when it takes too long. If they'd raise the reward for that commensurately for these long qualifying questions, I'd be a lot more satisfied, and try more often.

FTF
I finally just quit the program because of this. It wasn't just the waste of time but the repeated annoyance I felt of this type of thing happening.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I have done AA a few times in the past, and it's taken about a week. tls
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:12 pm

For me AA takes up to a month to add erewards miles.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Originally Posted by JerryFF
I finally just quit the program because of this. It wasn't just the waste of time but the repeated annoyance I felt of this type of thing happening.
I have reached my limit as well. I don't mind some 'qualifying' demographic questions, but it clear that some of these survey groups are collecting much more info on many topics that should be paid for, and then they disallow full payment for bogus reasons. It is actually theft.

Some of the surveys are honest and ask a reasonable number of qualifiers. However I am finding an increase in ones that I consider dishonest. Since I can't tell in advance the risk of wasting my time is getting too high.

I have reported these to e-rewards several times and I get zero response. If they don't fix this they will loose many others as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.