Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Is there still some welcome-bonusses around at the moment? I could not find any..

All help welcome on this!
I am confused why you guys all talk about e-rewards dollars as when i do surveys its points. So like i just earned 375 points for a finance survey.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 am

US program works in dollars, international program works in points.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by crimsona
US program works in dollars, international program works in points.
okay and what is an e-reward dollar worth? Would i assume points and dollars are of the same value?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:05 am

1 dollar is technically 100 points, but the international programs may have different redemption rates. For example the Alaska Airlines program does not discount for higher tiers, it's $25 for 500 miles, $50 for 1000 or $100 for 2000
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:18 am
Suspended

I signed up to make this post and another

1. thanks everyone for the info in these forums the seat poaching stories and DYKWIA stories have left me rolling in laughter

2. thanks for the tips on rewards programs like E-Rewards and others and the tips on manufactured spending (that will probably be what I look for most in the future)

3. I did not read this whole thread (it is LONG) and hopefully this has not been posted before, but here is a tip for E-Rewards I hope might help someone now or in the future

I was not getting surveys from them for a bit of time when I had way too much free time (perfect time to waste time on surveys) so I went to the trash folder in my email and started clicking on the links in those trashed survey offers and lo and behold the links were going to available surveys and many of them were for what I considered to be above average dollar amounts $3-$5 dollars and I qualified for and completed several of them and was credited and the ones I did not qualify for I was still getting my $.25 as well

so the tip is if you are not getting surveys for some reason and desire to complete a few or if you are say $8-$10 dollars away from getting to say an even $100 dollars needed to cash in for 2,000 SWA miles and you think you need to go ahead and get to that even $100 dollars and cash in ASAP because you have a known trip in a few months and want to use your E-Rewards points towards those miles.....well go to your trash folder (if you never seem to empty it like me) and start clicking away and there is a decent chance you will get enough surveys to get to the dollar amount you are aiming for

hope this helps someone in the future

and just an aside I was still not getting surveys for a bit after that and wondered it I had run afoul of the rules somehow with the above method, but then out of the blue the surveys started to flood in and reading this forum and others I am not the first to have a survey dry spell and then suddenly a new flood of them
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
I had a $4.00 one today for toothpaste that claimed to be 10 minutes long. I got through 45% of it, and clicked I had no interest to buy "Toms" and 'Sensodyne", and then the survey said they had the number of users and gave me a quarter; i.e., 25 cents!!

That's the 3rd time in 2 weeks this has happened. What a nerve! They are stealing information!!
Come on E-Rewards.....once I get that 7000 Hilton Points, "pasta-la-vista", baby.

P.S.: About 8 years ago, I was offered a $175.00 survey and I got $.50 for that one too.

Spock Seat @:-)
I've found they've gotten much worse lately about disqualifying after you've answered a substantial amount of questions, to the point where it does feel like you've been scammed.

I've also had issues with completing surveys that don't redirect correctly to credit you at the end. I've emailed them with attached screenshots and they don't respond, which didn't use to be the case. After spending 20 minutes on a survey that I didn't get credit for, I no longer bother with the long ones.

I'm thinking it's time to cash out and be done with E-Rewards.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:57 am

I was offered a survey today about the Powerball Lottery. I knew that one would not pan out because, a) I have never ever purchased any kind of lottery ticket, and b) because I live in Utah. Sure enough, the second question asked was about state of residence. I answered Utah and it was bye bye.

If I could talk to e-Rewards, I guess what I would ask is: you know where I live. Why was I even offered the survey? Quickly getting 25 cents is fine with me. But shouldn't you have worked harder on the pre-qualification of the panel.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Every once in a while, the surveys cast the net wider than you's think. the other day I got bounced from a political survey just after saying I was a registered voter.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by bj2757
I had a $36 one today I completed - and it didn't take all that long. Love those :-)
Came back from a trip and and logged into my account and saw that they took back $28 from that survey....
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just got an email from E-rewards. I had initially signed us through US Airways. Now they are telling me that since US Airways will be merging into the AA program, that effective next week my EXCLUSIVE airline reward will be AA and no other airline rewards will be available. I am not happy because I have been using these rewards to top off other accounts. I told them I was not happy, and will wait to see how they respond.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by gnomie
Just got an email from E-rewards. I had initially signed us through US Airways. Now they are telling me that since US Airways will be merging into the AA program, that effective next week my EXCLUSIVE airline reward will be AA and no other airline rewards will be available. I am not happy because I have been using these rewards to top off other accounts. I told them I was not happy, and will wait to see how they respond.
I was wondering how e-miles was going to do it. I was hoping that e-miles opened up to ALL redemptions, and not just AA...
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I signed up originally with DL although I seldom collect skymiles elsewhere. I don't recall that I've ever had a choice to redeem otherwise. I think this was cast in stone from the start. I'm surprised you have been able to play the field.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I signed up originally with DL although I seldom collect skymiles elsewhere. I don't recall that I've ever had a choice to redeem otherwise. I think this was cast in stone from the start. I'm surprised you have been able to play the field.
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I was wondering how e-miles was going to do it. I was hoping that e-miles opened up to ALL redemptions, and not just AA...
That's interesting. I was emailed by them via Ticketmaster years ago. I guess I spent a lot on concerts that year and they offered me a chance to join. Hadn't heard about them previously. So my redemptions are open to all. I didn't even realize there were some who could only redeem for 1 thing.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I signed up with Northwest and I remember being given no choice of switching at the merger; was automatically given only Delta as the only airline option. Only became a program free agent when Delta dropped out and they didn't require us to pick another single airline at that point.

As long as IHG posts as elite qualifying, I'll probably stick with them anyways.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BamaVol
When I first joined, US was my only option but as time went on, all the other airlines became available - in the email that I received telling me that AA would be my only choice, the word EXCLUSIVE was in big bold letters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.