Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Angry

Originally Posted by msc75

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues?
I definitely am seeing both and can confirm same evidence that they're not even reading e-mails.

Went through a complete survey and was told afterwards that I did not qualify. Got the minimum amount. BS. Wrote and got the note to wait 10-20 days. Like in 20 days they're going to add miles.

They used to be good but they're now the same scam artists as other survey sites. I use some but have dropped off sharply, as a "use at own risk" situation.

FTF

Last edited by FullTimeFlyer; Sep 11, 2014 at 4:59 am Reason: clarification
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
It's happened twice to me in the last several months. They either don't reply, or send FAQs that don't address the problem, or send an answer that reflects either them not having read my email, or just not caring. It's infuriating. tls
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:06 pm

Thanks for the responses. Definitely looks like a recent turn for the worse. I wonder if they changed management or outsourced their customer service. Too bad, this was a reliable source of points/miles for me and I actually somewhat enjoyed the surveys.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by msc75
Has anyone noticed a downward trend in e-rewards lately? I now have fours surveys in the last month where I haven't received the credit after fully completing and qualifying.
I've experienced nothing like that. My last qualified one was on the 6th and it credited immediately.

As for customer service, it has oscillated over the years. I'm guessing they go through cycles of reducing staffing to the point of uselessness to save money and then fix things when sufficient numbers of users stop taking surveys.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I'm pretty much giving up on the disputes I have sent in over the last few months. I even opened a new dispute to cover the fact they hadn't ever responded to the others - and no response to that one after over a month.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
This is bad timing for a down-cycle on their customer support. I recently received a "part 1" for $12.75. There was no link or auto-redirect to e-rewards on the final page. They were supposed to send part 2 within 24 hours. It didn't credit, part 2 was never sent, and there's no customer service reply.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kremmen
This is bad timing for a down-cycle on their customer support. I recently received a "part 1" for $12.75. There was no link or auto-redirect to e-rewards on the final page. They were supposed to send part 2 within 24 hours. It didn't credit, part 2 was never sent, and there's no customer service reply.
Probably the same one I got within the last week. It said $12 and two parts - a day apart. I did part one then got the email for part 2 later that day and it changed it to a $6 survey which I did get when I completed it...
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Was it for 'leisure travel' or something like that? Got it too, and only got a smallish credit for part 2.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Was it for 'leisure travel' or something like that? Got it too, and only got a smallish credit for part 2.
Yes - it asked a lot of questions about cruise lines at the end
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a survey yesterday asking me about my opinions of their iOS App and how it could be improved.

I told them that the best way to improve it would be for them to actually send me surveys that they pay for via it. Instead of "just for fun" social engagement stuff that I do not have time for, or interest in, such as a recent "survey" asking would I rather have more time or more money.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by Kremmen
This is bad timing for a down-cycle on their customer support. I recently received a "part 1" for $12.75. There was no link or auto-redirect to e-rewards on the final page. They were supposed to send part 2 within 24 hours. It didn't credit, part 2 was never sent.
That was exactly what happened with me as well.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:52 pm

I'm preparing for another battle with them - and I have three ongoing right now - none of which they are even responding to... I completed a $12 survey on Psoriasis on Monday, got to the end, said it was completed and recorded and the screen froze - nothing has been credited. So I'll start the process next week when the 7-10 days are up.

Looking at eRewards just now I see the BBB took away their status in July or August and that they had a D rating. Go figure....
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was offered a survey today about entertainment. The first question was about the state that I live in. I could tell that it was a particularly important screening question because it went to lengths in its wording to make it seem unimportant (just as questions about occupation uses wording like "we are often searching for people who work in particular occupations ...").

As I recall the screen question about where I live was worded something like, "Select the state that you live in so that we can give you relevant questions." I truthfully selected Utah, and was immediately told that my presence was no longer needed. That is the first time that I failed screening questions that quickly, I believe.

Come on, Utah has great entertainment options. It makes me wonder -- what type of entertainment was the survey about? Strip clubs???
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:59 am

Programs: AA, WN
WSJ Question

About 4 years ago, I redeemed some E-Rewards points for a 39 week Wall Street Journal subscription. Someone else who lives with me at my address recently had a 39 week WSJ subscription that expired in July. I would like to redeem some of my E-Rewards points for another WSJ subscription, but I noticed that it excludes new subscribers. What is a new subscriber according the WSJ? If a new subscriber is someone who hasn't had a subscription in x amount of time, would the WSJ be smart enough to differentiate between two different names at the same address? Meaning, would the WSJ reject my E-Rewards subscription request because they recognize the same address recently had service expire (albeit for a different person at the same address)?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Vitaforce
About 4 years ago, I redeemed some E-Rewards points for a 39 week Wall Street Journal subscription. Someone else who lives with me at my address recently had a 39 week WSJ subscription that expired in July. I would like to redeem some of my E-Rewards points for another WSJ subscription, but I noticed that it excludes new subscribers. What is a new subscriber according the WSJ? If a new subscriber is someone who hasn't had a subscription in x amount of time, would the WSJ be smart enough to differentiate between two different names at the same address? Meaning, would the WSJ reject my E-Rewards subscription request because they recognize the same address recently had service expire (albeit for a different person at the same address)?
Don't worry about that stipulation, I've made two redemptions for WSJ subscriptions back to back w/ miles, it had the same New Subscribers only, but both of my orders stacked and I got like two years... So don't worry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.