Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

HHonors is joining e-miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HHonors is joining e-miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by lin821
However, I doubt it's a good idea to encourage or suggest others to violate the agreement/TOS.
Definitely your opinion, and personally, I care very little about e-miles TOS, but that's just me. They aren't the Holy Scriptures. They are written by some IT team in some office in Dallas. It's my perogative what I do with my time - if they don't like it, they can call me and tell me (or cancel my accounts - which I'd then just reopen once again). Believe me, they don't care.

I note my success of maintaining multiple e-miles accounts merely to inform people that it is possible without any punishment from the company. Many FTers I personally know have been duping e-rewards for years (giving fake answers to surveys), and e-miles is no safer. It's your personal ethics whether you do this or not - but for me, I have absolutely no problem with it. And I've had no problems doing it, TOS or not.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Can you have an HHonors e-miles account if you already have an airlines e-miles account?
I believe you can request change of sponsor under certain conditions.

In case you missed it, moo-moo posted an official response from e-Miles about how to change your sponsor appropriately on 1/27/09.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 6:00 am

again and again

We hear stuff like multiple accts and false answers to surveys from time to time at this site and I dont normally post anything. Lots of people write and complain about ethics and morality. Valid but worthless to argue.

The issue that bothers me is that it causes companies to increase security and makes it harder for those of us that want to participate along the rules. I dont want to jump through extra hoops in place to weed out people that try to scam the system. And I certainly dont want to watch companies quit, stop, refuse to offer or go out of business because of abuse.

I havent received an offer from e-rewards in over a year. I am sure its because they misinterpreted a survey response (or I misunderstood a question) and I got marked in the system. If it wasnt for tons of people taking advantage they wouldnt have to scrutinize so much.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Once you reach the 500 miles, do they automatically deposit to your FF account or do you have to do something? I don't want them to post until after 1 Sept for the US Grand Slam promo. How long do they take to show up?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
Once you reach the 500 miles, do they automatically deposit to your FF account or do you have to do something? I don't want them to post until after 1 Sept for the US Grand Slam promo. How long do they take to show up?
You have control over when to deposit in to your FF account. The miles usually show up in 2 to 5 days.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:17 am

Cool, so I can wait until 1 or 2 Sept just in case they use the order date as posting date. Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I just redeemed for 1000 HH points 4 days ago - it said allow 6-8 weeks to post. We'll see :-)
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Hilton H, Priority Club, United Mileage Plus, AA, My Coke R., Hertz
HH

What is the quicker and faster and easier way [S] to accumulate hilton honor points?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by HangingOver
We hear stuff like multiple accts and false answers to surveys from time to time at this site and I dont normally post anything. Lots of people write and complain about ethics and morality. Valid but worthless to argue.
In my mind, it is nothing less than theft.
In exchange for you doing something for them, they pay you.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: Red Sox Nation
Originally Posted by mvoight
In my mind, it is nothing less than theft.
In exchange for you doing something for them, they pay you.
In no way whatsoever is it theft.

Fraud maybe. Misrepresentation, probably.

Theft? Nope.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
OK, you got me. How does e-miles depositing points into your HHonors account give you hits in the US Air Grand Slam promo?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
OK, you got me. How does e-miles depositing points into your HHonors account give you hits in the US Air Grand Slam promo?
My husband's E-Miles is sponsored by US. When you join, you can select from several airlines or HH.

I don't have my own E-Miles yet, I might start collecting HH though.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
My husband's E-Miles is sponsored by US.
In case you haven't noticed, this thread is about HHonors and e-miles.

For anything else on e-miles, here is the master thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...7-e-miles.html.

Or this thread for e-miles posting timeframe.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:58 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Here is the official link from Hilton to join e-miles and start with 275 miles! Of course, you need to reach 500 miles before you can redeem for 1,000 HHonors points.

https://www.e-miles.com/enroll.do?ic=hhonorsne1v2
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by lin821
In case you haven't noticed, this thread is about HHonors and e-miles.

For anything else on e-miles, here is the master thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...7-e-miles.html.

Or this thread for e-miles posting timeframe.
Thanks, I didn't see that one in the search. Maybe one of the mods can transfer my post to the other thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.