Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Tips for reviving comatose E-Reward account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2008, 3:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA; USairways; United; British Air

This may have been addressed, but I don't know if my circumstances are unusual or just standard. I've had an E-Reward account for over 5 years and only ever noticed very brief gaps in time that I wasn't getting emails to do surveys. Then suddenly some time over the summer, all emails ceased - yet nothing had changed in my profile or usage or anything about my background or my regularity in responding to the surveys. I got a fair amount of rewards in the first half of 2008 and all previous years of membership. A few weeks ago, I went into my profile and began the long process of updating some of the cateogories, but to date that hasn't generated any renewed emails. Total dead silence from E-Rewards. What else to do to bring this account back to life? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
best thing i can think of is to go through and update every category. or just sit and wait it out. sometimes dry spells happen. went through one this summer and then in the past two months or so i've gotten $75. just a waiting game
Old Dec 12, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Both my wife and I have not received any surveys in the last 3 or 4 months. Have tried modifying our profiles but it did not help.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 8:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deant
Both my wife and I have not received any surveys in the last 3 or 4 months. Have tried modifying our profiles but it did not help.
I was afraid I wasn't the only one in this boat, I was going to go ahead with completing the modifying of my profile too but now I think I'll tough it out for what's left of '08 and see if they gear up in the new year. Maybe it was all about slowing down to a quota of allowable overall reward points per calendar year, and I reached the limit, but who knows.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 8:00 am

I had a three-four month dry spell that has picked up lately. However, as I just stated in another thread, since the surveys have started coming again I have yet to "qualify" for full credit and participation.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
The same thing happened to me. I was getting many surveys and they were high-dollar surveys at that. Then suddenly they all stopped. I went about 4 months without a single invitation to a survey so e-mailed E-Rewards and asked whether something had happened (just before they had stopped, I had gone on vacation and therefore did not take about 6 surveys that had been sent to me that week and wondered if my non-response had stopped them) and they replied that that would have had no bearing on the frequency of my surveys and simply replied that the current clients must not have products for which I was suited to take a survey. So I waited some more and some more. I have now received (literally) two invitation for surveys (for which I did not qualify) in 1.5 years. I have pretty much given up on E-Rewards. I tried updating my profile but that did not seem to help. It was odd because E-Rewards was like feast to famine for me in that I was taking many very high-dollar surveys frequently and then nothing at all.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:26 am

If they decide that you have violated any of their rules, they do not notify you, they just stop sending emails. If you have more than one account using the same computer, or you have redeemed points for differnet HH accounts (example), then they may have suspended your account.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by morgan1929
If you have more than one account using the same computer, .., then they may have suspended your account.
(bolding mine)

Per their TOS, you can only have one account. Using the same computer or not is beside the point.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I’ve been a member since 2001 and for years received lots of surveys but these last few years have been really lean. I received 2 surveys in 8-07, 1 in 12-07 and 1 in 4-08 and nothing since despite updating my profile more than once.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 2:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I personally do not have more than one account, either at E-Rewards or at HH. So that's not a reason for the inactivity in my case.

Also, how can you check the status of an account as to whether it's "suspended' officially or not? Does it show up somewhere in your profile if you log into that area? I've never logged into that section of the account information so I don't if that's something I should also check.

It sounds as though there's an ongoing pattern among many of us that there's a normal flow of email with surveys and then all of a sudden, an inexplicable silence. I don't think the reason about clients not suddenly having any relevant surveys holds much water, given how many clients they have and what they're surveying about. I still get a normal flow of email survey offers from other survey sites I belong to like surveyspot, surveysavvy and greenfieldonline. Something's just very different about E-Reward's way of selecting eligible survey pools.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA,UA,HH,Marriott
Hmmm, It's still disappointing, but good to know I'm not being singled out for persecution.
I could have written the OP's note. I haven't had a survey offer in months. Recently I went in and updated my profile, and sent a note to Customer Service about the lack of surveys. The reply was more than annoying. I was told that my problem is that I haven't qualified for the surveys I've been sent lately. What surveys? I feel insulted. I didn't just fall off a turnip truck!
Old Dec 14, 2008, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by lin821
(bolding mine)

Per their TOS, you can only have one account. Using the same computer or not is beside the point.
I was talking about 2 people sharing a computer, not 1 person with 2 accounts. The sharing could be at home or at an office. 2 distinct individuals sharing a computer can be assumed to 1 with 2 accounts and violating the TOS.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:05 am

I should have added that my 3-4 month streak of no surveys came to an end after updating my profile and filling out their many interest sections. Still haven't "qualified" for a survey though, and is it my imagination or are they asking more questions, and getting more info on the cheap, than they used to?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
All my family members have accounts, there are 5 of us. We all live at different addresses. The only one that is getting activity is my mother, who signed up through UPromise, which only limits her to Upromise dollars.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 5:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jammers
I should have added that my 3-4 month streak of no surveys came to an end after updating my profile and filling out their many interest sections. Still haven't "qualified" for a survey though, and is it my imagination or are they asking more questions, and getting more info on the cheap, than they used to?
Well, you inspired me to go ahead and do the remaining question sections I hadn't filled in yet, maybe that will help my account wake up from its coma also. It's been so long since I got an email from them that I notice several new participating partners (Air Tran etc) that weren't even around the last time I had any opportunity to redeem anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.