Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Fresh & Easy Coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fresh & Easy Coupons

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I've given up on Fresh & Easy. Too many items that are about to expire the next day, and too many items I've bought have had mold grow on them within 2 days of purchase. Their customer service department couldn't care less.

Spending $30 just to save $5 is not worth poor food and makes me appreciate the simpleness & honesty of Trader Joes.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I've given up on Fresh & Easy. Too many items that are about to expire the next day, and too many items I've bought have had mold grow on them within 2 days of purchase. Their customer service department couldn't care less.
That is a surprise. I have driven past through their stores few times but never made to inside yet. Maybe one day....
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney

Spending $30 just to save $5 is not worth poor food and makes me appreciate the simpleness & honesty of Trader Joes.
I haven't experienced the problems you have, so F&E will continue to get some of my grocery bizness, especially if they continue with the $5 off $20 coupons. I split my bizness btwn Ralph's, F&E, Bristol Farm, CVS & Target for food/drink/staples. Unlike others I was never a TJ fan.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by holtju2
That is a surprise. I have driven past through their stores few times but never made to inside yet. Maybe one day....
I have an extra booklet of $5 off coupons if you'd like to give it a try. I can mail it if you mail me a stamp.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 6:14 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Robt760
Looks like they're still posting these coupons on the website.

http://freshandeasy.com/coupon.aspx

A bit off topic, but relevant....a few new Fresh and Easy locations are due to open in the LA area soon, or for those of us living East of downtown there are a few at least.

One location on Main street on the border of Alhambra/So Pasadena opens mid January 2009.

I also just noticed that the old Jurgensen's -> Mrs Gooch's -> Wild Oats -> Whole Foods -> closed completely (on the corner of California & Oak Knoll/Lake in Pasadena) has a sign posted that it will be come a Fresh & Easy. Nice location, but, parking logistics are terrible at this place and has always been as long as I can remember.
I agree 100%.This should have been designated for a high end restaurant/caterer as they have a huge commercial kitchen that will be totally wasted as a F&E.And the parking is nothing but a nightmare-that will probably keep me away.
The laundry I use is across the street(French Laundry-absolutely the finest in SoCal)and parking is already a mess for them with folks using their small parking strip to run accross the street to Peets.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:39 am

Does anyone know if 'regular' (ie, the kind that come in flyers w/ Sunday's newspaper) coupons can be used at F&E, or is it their coupons only? Using reg coupons in addition to theirs could really reduce the food bill. Any info appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Does anyone know if 'regular' (ie, the kind that come in flyers w/ Sunday's newspaper) coupons can be used at F&E, or is it their coupons only? Using reg coupons in addition to theirs could really reduce the food bill. Any info appreciated.

Cheers.
They do not accept manufacturer's coupons, only their own "in house' coupons such as the $5 off of $XX.xx mentioned below/above.

PS.. I have an extra booklet of these Sharon if you want one.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Also adding that after about 8:30pm, the store associates go through the products checking expiry dates and do 50% reductions on items expiring that day or sometimes the next day.

They place the items in specific areas of the market with a big red bar coded sticker. Most items are in perfectly edible condition and if you are going to eat it that day or the next day anyway, it's still good (IMO).
Old Jan 19, 2009, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
They have Vieuv Yellow lable on sale for $17 a bottle all the time!----Was that the sound of screeching brakes I just heard
Old Jan 19, 2009, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
They have Vieuv Yellow lable on sale for $17 a bottle all the time!----Was that the sound of screeching brakes I just heard
Are you kidding? Note to self - break all speed records getting to the one 2 miles away!!

Robot760, I've got 2 of the $5/20 ones so I think I'm ok, but thanks so much for the offer!

Cheers.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:33 am

Are you kidding? Note to self - break all speed records getting to the one 2 miles away!!

Robot760, I've got 2 of the $5/20 ones so I think I'm ok, but thanks so much for the offer!

Cheers.
Yes-I was kidding!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Yes-I was kidding!
I just discovered that because I drove very quickly to F&E to buy up all their stock at that price, but alas it was the normal price

Cheers.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Robot760

Robot??
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Robt760
Robot??
Oops - sorry! It was the thought of the champers at great prices that had my eyes crossed

Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:54 am
Original Poster

$10 Off of $50 Coupon

Just received in my email today. Here's the link:

F & E $10 Off Coupon

Looks like they're trying to get people to increase their total purchase average.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.