Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

any legit, reputable gift card sites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 6:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

i am trying to meet spend reqs on some of the cards by buying discounted gift cards online but the sites like PLASTICJUNGLE.COM and CARDPOOL.COM has horrible reviews and lots of negative comments on their facebook.

any reputable and good discounted gift card sites?
Old May 13, 2012, 7:06 pm

I've sold through Plastic Jungle. They've always delivered, though sometimes I've had to follow up on transactions that have been pending for several days.
Old May 13, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
I've dealt with numerous purchases from PlasticJungle and GiftCards.com

I prefer dealing with GiftCards.com---

In the past 3 years, I've probably purchased 40-50 gift cards through GiftCards.com, and of these purchases, I received 2 GiftCards that had issues from GiftCards.com and both times, a prompt refund was returned to my credit card. I've only made about 6 purchases from Plastic Jungle, but haven't had issue with their gift cards.

If you do ever purchase a giftcard second hand, be sure to check the balance immediately after purchase, and then check it once again before you plan to use your gift card.

One of two problem gift cards purchased from GiftCards.com showed a $50 balance after receiving it, and then checking the balance prior to using the card a week later showed a 0 balance. Apparently the card was completely drained depsite me keeping it in a secure location since checking the balance. GiftCards.com determined that the person that sold the card to GiftCards.com copied the gift card account number, got paid, by GiftCards.com, then drained the giftcard after I had received it. Nevertheless, GiftCards.com did a full refund on the drained gift card.

Unlike Plastic Jungle, GiftCards.com uses their own employees for their customer service center, and their customer service center is staffed 24/7. Also GiftCards.com seems to ship plastic gift cards much faster than Plastic Jungle.
Old May 13, 2012, 7:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Max M
I've dealt with numerous purchases from PlasticJungle and GiftCards.com

I prefer dealing with GiftCards.com---

In the past 3 years, I've probably purchased 40-50 gift cards through GiftCards.com, and of these purchases, I received 2 GiftCards that had issues from GiftCards.com and both times, a prompt refund was returned to my credit card. I've only made about 6 purchases from Plastic Jungle, but haven't had issue with their gift cards.

If you do ever purchase a giftcard second hand, be sure to check the balance immediately after purchase, and then check it once again before you plan to use your gift card.

One of two problem gift cards purchased from GiftCards.com showed a $50 balance after receiving it, and then checking the balance prior to using the card a week later showed a 0 balance. Apparently the card was completely drained depsite me keeping it in a secure location since checking the balance. GiftCards.com determined that the person that sold the card to GiftCards.com copied the gift card account number, got paid, by GiftCards.com, then drained the giftcard after I had received it. Nevertheless, GiftCards.com did a full refund on the drained gift card.

Unlike Plastic Jungle, GiftCards.com uses their own employees for their customer service center, and their customer service center is staffed 24/7. Also GiftCards.com seems to ship plastic gift cards much faster than Plastic Jungle.
thanks about the giftcards.com. its discount is not as good as PJ's or cardpool's but maybe it is not a rip off site like the other sites mentioned and have real customer phone support customer service?
Old May 13, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by jonny1
thanks about the giftcards.com. its discount is not as good as PJ's or cardpool's but maybe it is not a rip off site like the other sites mentioned and have real customer phone support customer service?
Plastic Jungle seems fine, but their customer service department is only open Monday-Friday if you need to talk to someone on the phone. Again, of the 6 gift cards I've purchased from PlasticJungle, all worked fine. However, expect it to take anywhere from 8-12 days from when you purchase a plastic gift card from them for it to arrive if you choose their free shiping USPS option. Otherwide, it took 2 days for one of their merchant e-giftcards to be ready for use. All giftcards I've purchased from PlasticJungle have worked fine.

GiftCards.com, OTOH, usually takes 1 week or less if you choose their free USPS option. If you purchase and e-giftcard from GiftCards.com, sometimes the giftcards can be ready immediately for use after purchase, otherwise, one time it took 24 hours for one of their merchant e-giftcards to be ready for use.

In summary, I've had no bad experiences, personally with Plastic Jungle, just prefer dealing with GiftCards.com

I have no experience with CardPool, so I can't comment on them.
Old May 13, 2012, 7:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Max M
Plastic Jungle seems fine, but their customer service department is only open Monday-Friday if you need to talk to someone on the phone. Again, of the 6 gift cards I've purchased from PlasticJungle, all worked fine. However, expect it to take anywhere from 8-12 days from when you purchase a plastic gift card from them for it to arrive if you choose their free shiping USPS option. Otherwide, it took 2 days for one of their merchant e-giftcards to be ready for use. All giftcards I've purchased from PlasticJungle have worked fine.

GiftCards.com, OTOH, usually takes 1 week or less if you choose their free USPS option. If you purchase and e-giftcard from GiftCards.com, sometimes the giftcards can be ready immediately for use after purchase, otherwise, one time it took 24 hours for one of their merchant e-giftcards to be ready for use.

In summary, I've had no bad experiences, personally with Plastic Jungle, just prefer dealing with GiftCards.com

I have no experience with CardPool, so I can't comment on them.
PJ has horrible reveiws all over and their facebook page is filled with comments such as $1.78 target gift card sold for $148 something to, payments never received to no email responses.
Old May 15, 2012, 1:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
I just go directly to the vendor I am buying it from after I click on an ebates link.
Old May 15, 2012, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Vip4me
I just go directly to the vendor I am buying it from after I click on an ebates link.
The OP is discussing buying discounted gift cards for retailers, not buying full-price gift cards directly from retailers.

If the OP wanted to maximize their return, they would purchase the discounted gift cards, then use those to pay for an order after shopping through ebates or a mileage/points earning portal.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: No preference
I have made 2 different purchases through topcashback.com for cardpool, totaling about $800. Both went through fine and have had no problems with them. Hard card takes a week, e-card takes an hour or less.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:20 am
wcj

I've made monthly purchases from card pool and PJs for several months. I average purchases of approximately $2k in different combinations from the two sources. Never any problems.
Old May 15, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriott
I've made 2 purchases from cardpool as well.
Never any problems.
They do call & ask a bunch of verification questions to prevent fraud.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by travelcoupons
I've made 2 purchases from cardpool as well.
Never any problems.
They do call & ask a bunch of verification questions to prevent fraud.
I also got questions, but only on my hard card purchase.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
I also got questions, but only on my hard card purchase.
seems like many bad reviews on giftcard sites are caused by some evil minded people, they would first write down the gift card code, then sell them on PJ and other sites , once they are paid, they will than quickly redeem/use the gift card code to buy something, the result is the buyer paid for nothing .

a guy said he bought a target gift card on PJ and paid $146 something but when he was at target store to pay for his purchases, the balance showed only $1. 66.

Last edited by jonny1; May 15, 2012 at 4:51 pm
Old May 15, 2012, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by jonny1
seems like many bad reviews on giftcard sites are caused by some evil minded people, they would first write down the gift card code, then sell them on PJ and other sites , once they are paid, they will than quickly redeem/use the gift card code to buy something, the result is the buyer paid for nothing .

a guy said he bought a target gift card on PJ and paid $146 something but when he was at target store to pay for his purchases, the balance showed only $1 66.
How far can discounters take this for prosecution?
Old May 15, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
plasticjungle is good. i've never had a problem with them after doing business several times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.