Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Old Jan 23, 2008, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by JerryFF
I'm wondering how much time this took you. I can play Flexicon at a rate of about 10 games per hour - including all the in-between stuff like saving points, retrieving, loading. Since I rarely have to do a search, I think that's about my own personal limit. At 25 points per game, that's 250 points per hour. For each 2500 miles one needs 4300 points - which would take me about 17 hours. So it would take me about 34-35 hours of playing Flexicon to get two 2500 mile awards. I'm at about 2800 points and I'm getting pretty tired of it.

Another calculation - if we use 2 cents/mile for the value of miles, that's $50 for 2500 miles. If I take 17 hours to earn $50, that's about $3/hour.
I really haven't paid that close attn to this. The closest to any type of measurement I have done, it takes me no more than 5 minutes to complete a puzzle. Some take me about 3 mins, some take longer because of the things you have listed above. So I'd say on average I can do about 12 puzzles per hr, I guess. I think I started right around new years or so, so I've been at this on and off for about 3 weeks. Having said that, there are times like Monday (MLK day off) when I had a lot of time to devote to this. I'm in Indiana, it's cold and there wasn't alot else to do. On a normal day, in the evening, I might get 7 or 8 puzzles maximum, I just don't have the time to stay at it for many hrs on end on most days. On the weekends, I might exhaust my puzzles each day. I'll try to pay closer attention.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just sent my second 2500 miler to AA. I now have 6100 miles in the queue, with the first 1000 due at Delta on Saturday. I wish they had a 5000-mile award, with a lower ticket ratio, of course. 2500 seems too much like peanuts.

I'm hoping to get to 25K on AA before I get too bored with it.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 5:30 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I'm burned out! Perhaps I will be motivated to do more of their painfully easy puzzles once I see some miles post.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 9:17 am

one thing i learned through a little bit of searching is that tickets donated to charity are paid at $0.01 per ticket. you can configure your account so that a certain percentage of your tickets go to the charity of your choice (mine is the natural resources defense council). i set mine to 4%, so that i am essentially giving one cent for every flexicon game i play.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I'm burned out! Perhaps I will be motivated to do more of their painfully easy puzzles once I see some miles post.

Clickionary says it is "under construction".....the well is now dry?
Old Jan 26, 2008, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thumbs down No Miles Yet

Was due to receive 100 AA miles yesterday but haven't. Here goes an e-mail to Live Search Club...
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: WN A-List, Marriott Tit
Crosswire is fast and mindless: 7 points for first puzzle, 6 points for second, 7 for third; however the third puzzle is the most difficult, so the best strategy is to do the first two quickly, then quit at the third for an easy 13 points. Probably under 5 min. for 13 points (i.e., tickets).
Old Jan 27, 2008, 4:12 pm

Redeemed for more miles and noticed this new message:

The Live Search Club screens game play against criteria meant to identify likely use of bots, macros, or other automated programs to play the games. Those types of activity violate our TERMS AND CONDITIONS. When a user account has triggered these criteria, the Live Search Club cancels any Mileage Plan miles deposit requests and discontinues ticket accruals for the account.
(Bold mine)

So if your account doesn't reflect new tickets, you've been scre...err, flagged.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by boulderlaw
Crosswire is fast and mindless: 7 points for first puzzle, 6 points for second, 7 for third; however the third puzzle is the most difficult, so the best strategy is to do the first two quickly, then quit at the third for an easy 13 points. Probably under 5 min. for 13 points (i.e., tickets).
For me that would be about half the rate I can earn with Flexicon.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by JerryFF
For me that would be about half the rate I can earn with Flexicon.
Flexicon seems the best to me, 25 points per game and most games take me less than 10 min to complete.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 11:22 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

No miles have posted yet for me but it appears nobody has received miles yet. I'll file this one under "pending" and forget about it for a month or two. I'm sure the miles will eventually post.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Winglets747
Was due to receive 100 AA miles yesterday but haven't. Here goes an e-mail to Live Search Club...
Just wondering if you did send an email to Live Search Club and, if so, if you've gotten any response.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:41 pm

Programs: MR Plat, BW Rewards Plat, CP Gold, HH Silver, Delta Skymiles
Crosswire

I usually do Crosswire. 20 points for completing all three puzzles. Takes me 4-5 minutes tops. Some topics I know, some I just try to match up each item one at a time. Very easy in my mind. I don't know why you would skip the last puzzle and lose the 7 points. The only thing that makes it harder is that there are two topics that don't match and if you choose one, your previous matches are wiped out, but you don't lose.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Nanook
Just wondering if you did send an email to Live Search Club and, if so, if you've gotten any response.
Yes, I sent an e-mail (the form on the Live Search Page lead to a dead link )) and then got an instant reply with some FAQs and instructions that if my question was not answered in the FAQs to reply back, which I did but did not hear back yet.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
No miles have posted yet for me but it appears nobody has received miles yet. I'll file this one under "pending" and forget about it for a month or two. I'm sure the miles will eventually post.
I put in for 1,000 miles today, im done until I hear someone is really getting the miles!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.