Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by Nanook
According to the Help page on their website:

"The following table will help you determine the start of your UTC day based on your local time zone.

Local Time Zone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start of UTC Day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pacific 4:00 PM
Mountain 5:00 PM
Central 6:00 PM
Eastern 7:00 PM "

I saw that. But edlin303 implies in his post that that is not "it". So I wanted to know what "it" is then, if what is posted above is not the correct cut-off time.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So what is the daily ticket limit?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edlin303
The daily limit is for all games FYI, not per game. So if you hit your limit with flex, you can't move on to another. Also, different games seem to give you a different max. I have gotten well over 1000 on one day, and barely 1000 another, without much apparent logic.
That hasn't been my experience. I always do Flexicon, and when it says I've done all the puzzles, I just go to another game for a few times, then come back to Flexicon. It gives me the last puzzle I did (which I didn't get points on because the message comes right after you've solved it), I solve it, then go on with Flexicon. Is there some other limit that I've never reached?
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by abezebabe
I saw that. But edlin303 implies in his post that that is not "it". So I wanted to know what "it" is then, if what is posted above is not the correct cut-off time.
I mean, that is not why my daily points limit varies. Within one "day" by MSN's terms, I have had the "you've reached your daily limit" error at different amounts, from 1000 to 1800+ on one good day.

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
So what is the daily ticket limit?
It's supposed to be ~1000, but it seems to vary.

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
That hasn't been my experience. I always do Flexicon, and when it says I've done all the puzzles, I just go to another game for a few times, then come back to Flexicon. It gives me the last puzzle I did (which I didn't get points on because the message comes right after you've solved it), I solve it, then go on with Flexicon. Is there some other limit that I've never reached?
Have you gotten around the "you've reached your daily points limit"? That's the one I'm talking about.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edlin303

Have you gotten around the "you've reached your daily points limit"? That's the one I'm talking about.
Yes, I have gotten around it all the time. I just back out and reload Live.com and I am able to bypass it and play Flexicon again. I wasn't sure what you meant, but now I see what you mean.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: Bowling Team Capt.
I have found it doesn't play well with firefox but I guess being a MS site that makes sense.
I haven't reached any daily limits though
Old Feb 23, 2008, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ninerfan
I have found it doesn't play well with firefox but I guess being a MS site that makes sense.
I haven't reached any daily limits though
I guess that would depend on how long you've been willing to play in a day. How many tickets would you estimate you've won in a day before calling it quits? I agree with the 1,000 or so being the threshold, but there is a loophole.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've definitely done more than 1000 in a day and never gotten a daily ticket limit message. But as I mentioned earlier, I do get the Flexicon limit, but just go to another game for a few point, then come back. Maybe that's resetting the daily limit thing, or maybe it's all just screwy.

As long as I can play until I get sick of it, I guess it doesn't matter.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I paid attention today. I played Flexicon and got the no more puzzles message at 600 tickets, played other games for 50 tickets then went back to Flexicon and racked up 675 more points without getting any more messages. I'm just starting up again for a bit, and I'll see how much further I get.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 2:44 am

Programs: Frontier Summit, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Nice

Double points day is only 12 hours. Midnight to Noon Pacific. And the double points post later.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 5:59 am

Is it just me, or is the site a lot slower than usual?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 6:11 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by futaris
Is it just me, or is the site a lot slower than usual?
I tried to log in this morning with no success. Darn, this has become my little morning ritual with my coffee and breakfast.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 6:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I tried to log in this morning with no success. Darn, this has become my little morning ritual with my coffee and breakfast.
I've been trying to log in for the past hour or so and no luck... "problem loading page" pops up... grr!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Finally... somehow I just got logged in... now for the games!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 7:23 am

Programs: AA L/T Gold
how long for miles to post???

Dear
Thank you for your American Airlines AAdvantage® account order. Your Live Search Club miles request has been confirmed and is being processed for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

Confirmation Number:
Miles to be Deposited: 1000

When your order is processed and found to be in compliance with our Terms and Conditions for fair game play, your American Airlines AAdvantage® account balance will be updated in 19 days. Please save this e-mail for your records.

Continue having fun with Live Search Club and earning tickets -- play games now!

Thank you for being a loyal participant!

Sincerely,
Live Search Club Team

Air Incentives is fulfilling your order on behalf of Microsoft.
Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our online Privacy Statement

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.