Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Old Feb 5, 2008, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
We've found it's around 1500, but it could just as likely be some kind of time limit as well. When we've played fast we've gotten as many as 1800 tickets in a day and when playing slow, maybe 1300.
I'm honestly not sure how many tickets I earned today--I started playing this morning, and other than a nap, have been at it most of the day! I did several redemptions today too, so we'll see what happens with those.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by kipper
I've had a few issues in receiving the communication error. When that happens, I keep refreshing the page, and eventually get a new puzzle and points.
Please post which page you refreshed. Home page or the puzzle page? If puzzle, which one? At what point? Before solving, after, during? Solved it repeatedly and refreshed when the comm error message came up?
Yep, I'm a little frustrated, having tried every permutation I can think of to no avail. No offense intended!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by ZeppoX
Please post which page you refreshed. Home page or the puzzle page? If puzzle, which one? At what point? Before solving, after, during? Solved it repeatedly and refreshed when the comm error message came up?
Yep, I'm a little frustrated, having tried every permutation I can think of to no avail. No offense intended!
I refreshed the puzzle page. If I receive the communication error after I solve puzzle, I refresh it. I'll have to solve the puzzle again, but then I'll receive the points. If it hangs when it brings up the box to type in characters to prevent bots, I reaload it.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:41 pm

Programs: Too many to list
I'm honestly not sure how many tickets I earned today--I started playing this morning, and other than a nap, have been at it most of the day! I did several redemptions today too, so we'll see what happens with those.
All I can say is where the heck was this back when I was in college???? I must've played hundreds of hours of Tetris for....nothing!

If this had been around back then, well, I would already have 2mm in AA, plus more in US, AS, DL....
Old Feb 5, 2008, 6:55 pm

I refreshed the puzzle page. If I receive the communication error after I solve puzzle, I refresh it. I'll have to solve the puzzle again, but then I'll receive the points. If it hangs when it brings up the box to type in characters to prevent bots, I reaload it.
I have had that happen twice to me, I did the same thing and get the same puzzle next time around.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by flguy
I have had that happen twice to me, I did the same thing and get the same puzzle next time around.
I do get the same puzzle again, but since I've solved it once, the second time is really easy.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: US, NW, HH Gold, iDine VIP
I do get the same puzzle again, but since I've solved it once, the second time is really easy.
ZeppoX and I appear to be in the same boat. I've had the same puzzle 20+ times in a row.

I'm stuck with puzzle 1.20.063 for several days now - it's the same puzzle every time, but only if I'm logged in. I can play different puzzles when not logged in... as soon as I logon, I get the error. I don't get prompted to enter 5-character codes.

No word from customer service. I'll keep trying.

Cleared history, changed browsers, updated flash player, even changed system time to see if I could force a new load. Google and cheapassgamer seem to indicate I'm out of luck.

I run a help desk, and have MS certifications, and I'm out of ideas. I want to keep going, as this is such a mindless way to spend time on the couch.

Sorry for the rant - I don't think I'm really asking for advice at this point... I just need to vent.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by ProvRIGuy
ZeppoX and I appear to be in the same boat. I've had the same puzzle 20+ times in a row.

I'm stuck with puzzle 1.20.063 for several days now - it's the same puzzle every time, but only if I'm logged in. I can play different puzzles when not logged in... as soon as I logon, I get the error. I don't get prompted to enter 5-character codes.

No word from customer service. I'll keep trying.

Cleared history, changed browsers, updated flash player, even changed system time to see if I could force a new load. Google and cheapassgamer seem to indicate I'm out of luck.

I run a help desk, and have MS certifications, and I'm out of ideas. I want to keep going, as this is such a mindless way to spend time on the couch.

Sorry for the rant - I don't think I'm really asking for advice at this point... I just need to vent.
have you tried exiting it when partially complete? If it works, you may be able to move on to the next puzzle and leave this one unsolved.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: US, NW, HH Gold, iDine VIP
Originally Posted by edlin303
have you tried exiting it when partially complete? If it works, you may be able to move on to the next puzzle and leave this one unsolved.
Thanks - yes, I have. If I quit in the middle of a game, I get the same "communication error" as I try to quit. Refreshing the page brings the same puzzle back.

I also tried playing and solving a different game that I hadn't played before, and got the same errors - communication error and multiple copies of the same puzzle.

I'm going to keep poking at Customer Service, give it a week, clear my cookies, and start a new account... it seems to be my only choice, especially if they don't contact me.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 9:45 am

I'm not sure how you guys are having such bad luck - I consider myself a pretty fast player of Flexicon, averaging about 5 minutes per game, and I recieved my miles and have tickets posting successfully still. Maybe you can try to slow it down a bit?
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by roadtripman
I'm not sure how you guys are having such bad luck - I consider myself a pretty fast player of Flexicon, averaging about 5 minutes per game, and I recieved my miles and have tickets posting successfully still. Maybe you can try to slow it down a bit?
I'm getting very quick with Crosswire too, and didn't have a problem. Truth is, in these kind of things noone ever knows how they decide (or very few people), and it can even vary by who is reviewing the accounts. If I find myself blocked some day, I will likely just start playing under another account and hope I get some out of that as well.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 3:26 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Marriott Tit
For those who have had tickets post: Did your transaction show up in your My Club Account page while it was pending?
Old Feb 6, 2008, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by boulderlaw
For those who have had tickets post: Did your transaction show up in your My Club Account page while it was pending?
No, mine didn't show up until they'd actually posted to my FF account.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
No, mine didn't show up until they'd actually posted to my FF account.
Same here, I can see them in redemption history.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum; HH Gold, SPG Gold
Message from Customer Service - Live Search

I have been having troubles for over 1 week. Attached is the note I received today from customer service.

NEW IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
· Over the past few days you may have been encountering a “SERVER COMMUNICATION ERROR” when finishing a game, thus not accumulating tickets. Please be assured that these issues have not gone unnoticed. Check back soon as our development team aware of this and is currently working on resolving this issue.

· We are currently experiencing issues with the “Captcha” codes not loading. Participants are not able to view the SECURITY CODE to enter and continue game play. Our Technical Support Team is currently working to resolve this issue.

· If you have a spam filter associated with your email inbox, you WILL NOT be able to receive correspondence from Live Search Club or Incentive Logic in regards to your inquiries or prize confirmations. Please also check your “Junk Mail” folder for correspondence that may have been filtered as spam. If you wish you receive correspondence, please set your filter to allow for this incoming mail from [email protected] and [email protected]
· At this time, our Xbox prize is out of stock. We are expecting to have this prize available soon. Please check back shortly after the New Year to see if it has been restocked and is once again available in the list of prizes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.