The annual tax software discounts thread

Subscribe
I just picked up the premier version of Turbo Tax, include 1 state, for $59 with the $10 sale coupon.

I could have gotten it for less from Fidelity, but then would have to buy the state, bringing the total to more. As it is, I'll have to buy another state
CapitalOne 35% discount for TurboTax Online.....

capitalone.com/turbotaxdiscount
Quote: CapitalOne 35% discount for TurboTax Online.....

capitalone.com/turbotaxdiscount
Be sure to add the low, low discounted price to add a state tax return: $36.95.
I've always used Taxact (well, at least for the past several years). Substantially cheaper. Even with the discount codes on the competitor's software.
Costco has TurboTax on sale through Jan 29th as mentioned before. The
Deluxe Fed+E-file+State....$40 with $10 coupon. Best deal around that I have found.

TT
Amazon has H&R Block At Home 2011 Deluxe for $27 and same w/ state for $31.95. No tax (for most) and free shipping.

To those Turbo Tax loyalists, I used TT for over 20 years but switched to Block 4 years ago because of price and never looked back.
I buy and, of course, a better deal pops up:

TigerDirect via eBay offers the H&R Block At Home Deluxe Federal + State 2011 for Windows and Mac, model no. 1336600-11, for $24.99 with free shipping.
Man, I wish my tax situation worked for this stuff. I used TT for a couple years after leaving college and was lucky enough to be able to use it 1 additional time since. The rest of the time the combination of moving to different states or countries during the year and buying / selling rental properties has made a fantastic mess of things.

I'm a CPA with an IT background, and a long time turbo tax user, and can't figure out how to get TT to do what I want given my scenario each year. I farm it out for a couple hundred bucks and then double check the tax guy's work (they usually mess up once or twice).

I'm much better at ticking and tying than figuring out where to put stuff in the first place, apparently.

But, I fully support the use of TT for most people's tax situations (unless you're moving and flipping rental properties annually of course).
H & R Block Deluxe Fed & State at Office Max 34.99 +10.00 gift card or at Best Buy 34.99 + 15.00 gift card. Both thru Jan.28
Amazon has pretty much all of them at these prices today.

TTDeluxe efile + state is 44$, download it for only 39$

http://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Delux...7336673&sr=8-3
Quote: H & R Block Deluxe Fed & State at Office Max 34.99 +10.00 gift card or at Best Buy 34.99 + 15.00 gift card. Both thru Jan.28
Best deal I've seen is the $35 HR Block Deluxe Fed & State at Best Buy with a $15 gift card. You can also get a $10 mail in rebate HERE.
Quote: You can also get a $10 mail in rebate HERE.
Bad link.
H&R Block Deluxe Federal (no State) is $24.99 in-store at Office Depot, with mail-in offer for a $15 GC.
Best Buy has...
TurboTax Deluxe Fed+State+eFile for $44. I purchased with the $25 BB Gift card I picked up from Coke Rewards for half points during their holiday sale so final cost was just under $20 after taxes.
Quote: Best deal I've seen is the $35 HR Block Deluxe Fed & State at Best Buy with a $15 gift card. You can also get a $10 mail in rebate HERE.
Today my Sunday newspaper insert had a $10 Manufacturer coupon as well which should make it free.
4  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20