Erewards and Delta only redemptions if you signed up through them

Subscribe
It was nicely asked that this be moved to its own thread...

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting e-Rewards. We apologize for the confusion.
However, our contract with Delta has recently changed. Members who are
enrolled with e-Rewards through Delta are now only eligible to redeem
for Delta airline rewards. Please note, since this change has taken
place, Delta enrollment members are now eligible to redeem for Delta
once per calendar quarter. If you have any further questions, please
feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Candice Milburn
Member Services

So if you singed up to e-rewards through delta you just lost all your other airline redemption options without notice.
Thank you for providing the most recent email response from e-Rewards.

It's indeed a sad news for those who joined e-Rewards using Delta's invites. On the other hand, the new quarterly Skymiles redemption policy will also allow up to 8K miles per year (if enough e-Rewards currencies are earned, of course). From this angle, the new change is much better, if Skymiles are the chosen redemption options.

I don't think I enrolled thru any airline partner and I am not affected by this new change. When I log in to my e-Rewards account, not only can I still see all the airlines as my redemption options but also Skymiles appear to be a quarterly item. All the other airline redemptions remain as annually.

It's not clear from the official reply email (Iphinome kindly provided) whether non-Delta-sponsored accounts can do quarterly redemptions for Skymiles. The email seems to imply quarterly terms only good for Delta-sponsored accounts. I usually don't go for Skymiles so I won't be able to test it out. It would be nice to hear from someone in the know.
I like it and I don't. Kind of on the fence here. I use the surveys to top off DL/NW/AA depending on which has award seats and the like. But the chance to now get upto 8k per year might outweigh that. Logged on to e-rewards and it only shows DL but 8k was confirmed.

Redeem Your e-Rewards Currency
1000 Delta SkyMiles®
1000 Delta SkyMiles deposited to your SkyMiles account. Enjoy the many privileges just waiting for you from Delta.
Terms and Conditions
Rules

All SkyMiles program rules apply. To view the rules, visit www.delta.com/skymiles
If you are not a SkyMiles member, click here.
Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer.
Once an Exchange is made, it cannot be reversed or undone.
Please allow 6-8 weeks from redemption for miles to post to your account.
Other restrictions may apply. Offers subject to change without notice. Offers void where prohibited by law.

Exclusions

Miles earned through e-Rewards do not count towards Medallion or Million Miler status.

Method of Delivery

Please allow 6-8 weeks from redemption for bonus miles to be posted to the SkyMiles account. A confirmation e-mail will be sent within 30 minutes. If you do not receive an e-mail from us confirming your Reward within 30 minutes, please contact e-Rewards Member Services at [email protected]

Expiration

NA

Redemption Limitation

One Reward redemption per calendar quarter per SkyMiles® account and/or e-Rewards Member account.
Quote:
It's not clear from the official reply email (Iphinome kindly provided) whether non-Delta-sponsored accounts can do quarterly redemptions for Skymiles. The email seems to imply quarterly terms only good for Delta-sponsored accounts. I usually don't go for Skymiles so I won't be able to test it out. It would be nice to hear from someone in the know.
Didn't sign up through Delta and our accounts still allow one redemption per year for the other FFPs, and specifically states Skymiles can be redeemed once each calendar quarter/4 times per year. Woo-hoo!^
Can't You Just Open Another Account Under Another E-mail?
Use Your Middle Initial Or Something And Then You Should Be Able To Redeem For The Other Partners After Earning Under That E-rewards Account.
Quote: Use Your Middle Initial Or Something And Then You Should Be Able To Redeem For The Other Partners After Earning Under That E-rewards Account.
IIRC, you must be "invited" to join e-rewards unless they've changed their policy.
Nevermind. I got what I needed.
I did not sign up thru Delta but I just added 2000 miles to my skymiles account, which makes it 4000 in this calender year. I guess the quarterly redemption is for all to enjoy.
2,000 Delta vs. 2,000 AA? That's hard.

E-Rewards changing T&C with no notice and effective immediately?
Quote: I did not sign up thru Delta ... I guess the quarterly redemption is for all to enjoy.
Same here! (And I still see all the others - only once per year! )
Per e-Rewards Member Agreement: One Account per individual
Quote: Use Your Middle Initial Or Something And Then You Should Be Able To Redeem For The Other Partners After Earning Under That E-rewards Account.
The official e-Rewards answer is: NO.

Not to pass judgements here. I do know few folks are discussing/revealing having more than one e-Rewards accounts openly in various e-Rewards threads, however, per e-Rewards Member Agreement:

By completing the registration process, you become an authorized user of the e-Rewards Service (a "Member").
Section 1) Eligibility

1. The e-Rewards Service is limited to individuals only; corporations or other business entities may not become Members.

2. The e-Rewards Service is limited to one account per individual, even if individual has multiple e-mail addresses.

(Bolding Mine)
All the info are available from e-Rewards website...
Quote: IIRC, you must be "invited" to join e-rewards unless they've changed their policy.
I don't think the policy has been changed but the "request an invitation" feature from e-Rewards website hasn't been on until recently.

You should see "Request an invitation" if you go to their website. Currently there are a bunch of sponsors you can select (Blockbuster, Border, Hilton, various airlines..).

I would think it should be perfectly fine for those who don't want to be restricted to Skymiles in terms of airmiles redemption (meaning they had used Delta's invites to join e-Rewards originally), they should be allowed to request another invites from a different sponsor AFTER cancelling their current accounts.

From e-Rewards Member Services:
11. How do I cancel my membership?

To cancel your membership, log in at Member Login. Click on the "My Account" tab and select "Cancel Membership". Complete and submit the online form to cancel your membership.

IMPORTANT: Once you have canceled your membership, all e-Rewards Currency you have earned will be forfeited, and your account CANNOT be reactivated at a later date. In the event you wish to participate at a later time, you will be required to request a new invitation.

(Bolding Mine)

No idea how long it will take to receive the new invites though.

BTW, if you are up for this cancel-then-rejoin route, be careful to which sponsor you are going to choose. If history is any indication (e-Miles sponsored--> e-Miles only redemption; Delta-Sponsored--> Skymiles only redemption), airliner-sponsored accounts could be less flexible when it comes to airmile redemption. So choose wisely and live happily!
I closed my account and requested a new invitation yesterday so I'll let everyone know hw long it takes (I requested AA)
I joined 2+ years ago and don't remember a DL invitation to eRewards. I've been redeeming for AA miles all along and did a DL redemption once. Today my options are also just DL and HH!

I saved up $140+ for my next eligible AA redemption in Jan and feel tricked. Hello coupon connection.
My gf has tried twice recently to get an invitation with American Airlines as sponser, and been denied both times. No explanation given.