Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Erewards and Delta only redemptions if you signed up through them

Erewards and Delta only redemptions if you signed up through them

Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
You might want to try Hilton. Both Mr. Kipper and I received emails about joining e-rewards through Hilton recently, although we're both currently e-rewards members.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Exclamation Sponsors CAN Reject the requested Invitations?

Originally Posted by morgan1929
My gf has tried twice recently to get an invitation with American Airlines as sponser, and been denied both times. No explanation given.
Wow, didn't know sponsors can do that.

I am in no need for a new e-Rewards invitation. (Thank God for that! ) Thanks for sharing your experiences which may be useful for those who are considering a new AA invite request.

With the information that invitations can be rejected/denied, I would think it may be much more helpful for those who are about to try the invite-request route to contact e-Rewards and ask about how likely the requests will go through. e-Rewards website only mentions the requests have to be accepted by the sponsors and they will notify you in 2 weeks.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 2:14 pm

Maybe this is a dumb question, but WHY would eRewards make a drastic change with no notice whatsover?

I emailed asking them to consider a short grace period on existing points (just so I can get into my next "fiscal" year). No luck. They also went out of their way to say I am also not permitted to cancel and then rejoin with the same email address.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by rrgg
They also went out of their way to say I am also not permitted to cancel and then rejoin with the same email address.
Thank goodness for free email addresses at Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, and a whole bunch of other sites...
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:04 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Rejoining no longer possible?

Originally Posted by kipper
Both Mr. Kipper and I received emails about joining e-rewards through Hilton recently, although we're both currently e-rewards members.
I also got the Hilton invitation, a couple of weeks ago, and deleted it because I was already a member. Now I'm not: I left because of the problem discussed here (Delta miles are worthless to me now and they will no longer let me redeem for AA or Continental). But now the e-rewards website is giving me the cold shoulder:

Thank you for your interest in e-Rewards. Currently, we are not accepting requests to join our program.

Unless they're tracking IP addresses and have just temporarily blocked mine, I wonder if this means too many people are trying to do the same thing...
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, TSA-DSP
Originally Posted by IMH
I also got the Hilton invitation, a couple of weeks ago, and deleted it because I was already a member. Now I'm not: I left because of the problem discussed here (Delta miles are worthless to me now and they will no longer let me redeem for AA or Continental). But now the e-rewards website is giving me the cold shoulder:

Thank you for your interest in e-Rewards. Currently, we are not accepting requests to join our program.

Unless they're tracking IP addresses and have just temporarily blocked mine, I wonder if this means too many people are trying to do the same thing...

I found the same thing and my request for an AA invitation was denied today. Anyone have a link to the hilton invite page or any other that's not delta?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by IMH
...But now the e-rewards website is giving me the cold shoulder:

Sorry to hear they close the door again. I just tried the link now and got the same sorry message. e-Rewards must be flooded with the self-initiated invitations in the last two days from all the "Delta runaways".

I don't think it has anything to do with IP tracking/blocking. There were folks asking where to get invites when the "Request an Invitation" was not activated earlier this year. I didn't even know it was open up until I checked the link last week. I guess the "unusual" high demand in the last couple days had forced e-Rewards to shut it down.

With the recent updates that people's requests are denied by sponsors, I would think it might not be a smart move to close your Delta-Sponsored accounts too soon, even you are not happy with Skymiles only redemptions. At least not until you get personal invites from other sponsors. IMHO, I would think if you DO receive personal invites, you shouldn't be denied for the new membership.

I've been getting invites from Hilton, Northwest, Delta, (AA?, maybe others?) in the last couple of months. The thing is I've already have an active e-Rewards account, so those invites are useless to me. Not sure if those personal invites are unique links though.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 3:25 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold
Same in Europe with invites from BMI... you can only redeem for Diamond Club miles, but luckily also HHonors.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 8:42 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lin821
I don't think it has anything to do with IP tracking/blocking.
I think you're right. I just couldn't rule it out when I posted yesterday, having encountered the message shortly after cancelling my old membership (and clearing cookies but not changing my IP address).

Originally Posted by lin821
I would think it might not be a smart move to close your Delta-Sponsored accounts too soon, even you are not happy with Skymiles only redemptions.
That's wise advice, certainly for anyone who can live without being able to redeem for other airline miles. As others have pointed out, Hilton redemptions are still available and are a good option for many (and I guess some people value magazines and ski-lift vouchers). On the other hand, losing a flurry of members can't be good for e-Rewards marketing and just might prompt them to review the way they've handled this.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 4:06 pm

I'm really annoyed by the change in the program rules! I remember receiving several invitations from different places a couple of years ago and selecting Delta at random. I guess I chose wrong

I see now that 2000 Skymiles will be rewarded for $100 Ereward currency - I vaguely remember it being 2000 miles for $200 for all airlines. Is this wrong?

If I were to try to sign up for Erewards again, what program options are there? AA, Hilton, Emiles? I don't get what's bad about Emiles. I did receive the invitation awhile back (through Delta) and I deleted it.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 4:11 pm

FlyerX, In the past, it was still 2000 miles for 100 eRewards dollars.

People here reported being denied when applying for a new account this week, but you'll see all of the choices when you apply.

For me the problem with eMiles is that the earning is slower than eRewards. I earned 1000 miles after 12 months.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 4:21 pm

Thanks, rrgg.
Do any of the other airlines have restrictions, or was it only Delta that changed its policy?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, TSA-DSP
Originally Posted by FlyerX
I'm really annoyed by the change in the program rules! I remember receiving several invitations from different places a couple of years ago and selecting Delta at random. I guess I chose wrong

I see now that 2000 Skymiles will be rewarded for $100 Ereward currency - I vaguely remember it being 2000 miles for $200 for all airlines. Is this wrong?

If I were to try to sign up for Erewards again, what program options are there? AA, Hilton, Emiles? I don't get what's bad about Emiles. I did receive the invitation awhile back (through Delta) and I deleted it.
I thought emiles didn't have AA, has that changed?

Last edited by Iphinome; Dec 20, 2007 at 8:11 pm Reason: typoed emiles
Old Dec 20, 2007, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerX
Do any of the other airlines have restrictions, or was it only Delta that changed its policy?
I guess just DL, since no one else is complaining.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 2:52 pm
Suspended

I dont remember how I originally signed up this yrs ago.

I have over the yrs cashed out for AA,CO mostly HH. I went in lastw eek and wanted to cash out for DL, so no problems, but it seemed strange that DL was the only Airline that was showing. Took it that the others left teh program, but Hilton my favorite was still appearing.

Then I read this thread today, I relogged on and only DL shows up, Not AA, CO, NW, FB. Hilton is still there for me. I logged out and clicked onto Redeem and it shows all the Airlines that participate.

So I dont know if I used DL as the means to signing up or since that was my last transaction they therefore wont let cash out to any other Airline any longer.

Since I usually cash out to HH , it doesnt bother me so much, but if in fact I ER wont let me choose where I want my pts to go , especially since they didnt give me notice an dallow me to opt out of the DL connection

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.