Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Visit Bose Store, See Demo, Earn 500 AA Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ

Two weeks only: September 20 to October 4.

Main page: http://www.aa4miles.com/miles4bose/
T & C: http://www.aa4miles.com/miles4bose/termsconditions.html
Redeem Voucher: http://www.aa4miles.com/miles4bose/redeemvoucher.jsp
Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:06 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Thanks, great one. Just make sure store knows about it.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
How long is the video? 500 miles for five minutes is good, but 500 miles for 20 minutes is a bit tedious, especially if I'm making a special trip and not really intending to buy...
Old Sep 20, 2007, 4:02 pm
Original Member

Theatre presentation takes about 20 minutes, then they take you into a simulated room for the home for a few minutes, overall about 25-30 minutes. Forgot to mention, they also make you fill out an information form before they finally hand you the certificate....

Last edited by sggolf; Sep 20, 2007 at 4:57 pm
Old Sep 20, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thank you for all the details. I appreciate knowing what I'm getting in to.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 3:17 am

I'll read the terms and conditions more closely, but I didn't see the answer to this just skimming them. I wonder if you're eligible if you participated in this promo a year or so ago when they did it.

Sheila
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:18 am

MMMMM---
got a few questions to see if we can make this a bit more "generous" for our family...
is it one per address (thinking DH and I can go to get 500 each).
Does it limit age, since DS has an AA account and a credit card in his name BUT he's under 18...
Thanks for the heads up.
Carolyn
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:25 am

just looked at the T&C...
didn't see anything about age or one per address...
this might work out for us (family of four, not really going out of our way).
Old Sep 21, 2007, 4:57 pm

Got an email from AA about this. Me and Friend going this weekened. Since Bose is at our local mall its no biggie.

Peace!
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:53 am

I went the Demo while my wife was shopping in the mall, so it is good way to kill some time.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by sggolf
Theatre presentation takes about 20 minutes, then they take you into a simulated room for the home for a few minutes, overall about 25-30 minutes. Forgot to mention, they also make you fill out an information form before they finally hand you the certificate....
No information form was requested in LA. It may have been because it was a Sunday afternoon, and they were somewhat busy.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We did it the other day; very easy. We had a family outing to see the demo which was enjoyable, and it was fun to check out the store since we already have the Bose headphones. Only thing now is to wait 6 to 8 weeks for the miles to actually reach the accounts.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
OK, 500 AA miles are worth, roughly speaking, $5 - $10.

Is it REALLY worth driving to a Bose store, going through a lengthy demo, driving home, all for $5-$10 worth of miles?

Between the gas and the waste of one's precious time, I would think not....

But maybe that's just me.

(And I just wasted a few minutes of my time posting this, and didn't get any miles for doing so. )
Old Sep 23, 2007, 6:54 pm

I thought it was an entertaining, relaxing little break - viewing the demo.
But then, the Bose store is only a few miles from home and I was in the area yesterday for other things.
500 miles is worth it in my opinion. The system they demo is very impressive. We got zero pressure to buy. It was actually pretty fun.

So, I'd recommend doing it for anyone if you don't have to go way out of your way to visit the store.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The demo was really short, and the miles will be quite helpful to keep the other 2 family members' accounts active. I think it was well worth a trip and the store was only a few miles away.

Agree withi "zero pressure" to buy. They handed us the cards immediately after the demo, although we actually lingered to learn more about their products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.