Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Sign in using an external account

Old May 6, 07, 5:53 am   #1
Commander Catcop
2014 Secret Santa

E-rewards and HHonors redemption: Message says "Sorry, award not available"

I am guessing this would be the thread to post on issues with e-rewards.

I went to make a redemption for $50 = 3000 HHonors points. I passed the 90 day minimum between redemptions and get this message:

"Sorry, this reward is not available at this time."

It came up as something that could be clicked.

What could cause this? Could the reward be gone? Has not happened to me before.

I'd like to use my e-rewards points for Hilton since I don't stay in them much anymore.

Thanks for your help.
Old May 6, 07, 6:04 am   #2

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I experienced the same yesterday and was beyond the 90 day windows. I emailed Erewards customer service as to why. My past experience is that their responses are slow, if at all.
mtmeara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 07, 6:14 am   #3
Commander Catcop
2014 Secret Santa

I e-mailed e-rewards a few months ago asking when I last redeemed for my HHonors awards so I could calculate my 90 day window. It took a week but I got a response.

Can't do that with my Cat sitting business. My rule is a 24 hour or less response time via e-mail (sometimes it's lke 24 minutes!)
Old May 6, 07, 6:30 am   #4

I'm having a problem with this too. It says that I did not pass the 90 day window but I did when trying to redeem for HH. Cat-you can see when you redeemed last on your account summary. I sure hope this award is not leaving the program.
marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 07, 8:29 am   #5

I think that the problem is with HH,not E-Ewards,as I could not log onto my HH account earlier this morning,I kept getting "temporary problem with websight"message...was finally able to log into my account a few minutes ago,and redeemed $50 E-Rewards for 3000 HH points,which have already been applied to my account.
sjk616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 07, 10:25 am   #6
Commander Catcop
2014 Secret Santa

sjk got it!

Just tried again and was able to make the redemption! Maybe the site was sleeping off yesterday's Cinko de Mayo celebrations and could not get on-line!

I just hope they continue this award. IT's the main reason I stay with e-rewards!

Thanks for all of your suggestions.
Old May 6, 07, 10:57 am   #7

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Cunard Diamond
I was able to redeem $50 for HH points last night. Points showed up in my Hilton account in less than 15 minutes.

Tatia
tatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 07, 11:06 am   #8

Programs: Peon in many programs - but finally Select in AGR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk616 View Post
I think that the problem is with HH,not E-Ewards,as I could not log onto my HH account earlier this morning,I kept getting "temporary problem with websight"message
I don't know if it's just me. I have the HH website bookmarked, but when I click it, I'm told it's not available, and to go to one of the other sites (Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy, etc...) - from there, I can log into my HH account. This has been going on for many months.
Old May 6, 07, 1:11 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, SPG PP, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MR Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
I e-mailed e-rewards a few months ago asking when I last redeemed for my HHonors awards so I could calculate my 90 day window. It took a week but I got a response.
But you could easily have looked at your erewards account history online to see when your last HHonors redemption was -- and it would take only minutes, rather than a week!

Anyhow, sounds like the problem was indeed on the HHonors end. I'll remember that if I should ever have a similar problem redeeming for HHonors points (which is what I redeem erewards for most of the time).
Old May 6, 07, 4:35 pm   #10
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: Hyatt Gold Passport

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
But you could easily have looked at your erewards account history online to see when your last HHonors redemption was -- and it would take only minutes, rather than a week!
Unless I missed something, when they updated the site, they only allow you to view history for the last 60 days. So, if you think you're close to the 90 days there's no way to find out just when those 90 are up.
Old May 6, 07, 4:41 pm   #11

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (former PP), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, UA 1P, Hertz 5*
You can look at your account to see when your last redemption for HHonors was. Login to your account and click on the rewards tab. There is a link on the left side of the page labeled My Redemption History. If you click on this link, you are able to select the dates to show what you have redeemed in that time period. You are able to select as far back as possible to see every reward that you have redeemed during the history of your account.

Last edited by VA1379; May 8, 07 at 3:30 pm.
VA1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 07, 4:48 pm   #12

Programs: AA 0.35MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK G, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatia View Post
I was able to redeem $50 for HH points last night. Points showed up in my Hilton account in less than 15 minutes.

Tatia
Redeemed less than a week ago. It was there in less than a minute,always been instantaneous for me;main reason for staying in e-rewards is HH, and not the once a year AA,DL miles, but still better than nothing.
Old May 6, 07, 6:09 pm   #13

Programs: UA 2P (yay!), US, AA, WN; HH, *W, MR, GP+, PC (non-elite on all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
Unless I missed something, when they updated the site, they only allow you to view history for the last 60 days.
No, you can view your entire history as far back as you want. They revised it so you can only view a 60-day period, but it doesn't have to be just the most recent 60 days. Use the date-selector under the Account History section, just make sure you select a period of 2 months or shorter.
cepheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 07, 6:39 pm   #14

Programs: Peon in many programs - but finally Select in AGR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepheid View Post
No, you can view your entire history as far back as you want. They revised it so you can only view a 60-day period, but it doesn't have to be just the most recent 60 days. Use the date-selector under the Account History section, just make sure you select a period of 2 months or shorter.
That's true!

Although you can only look at a 2 month period where the default is say March 6, 2007 to May 6, 2007, you can choose any 2 month period (say October 13, 2006 to December 13, 2006 or January 8, 2007 to March 8, 2007). That way, you can find out when your last HH redemption was.
Old May 6, 07, 6:59 pm   #15

Programs: CO Plat, PC Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I hope E-rewards is not changing the 90 days limit for exchanging into HH. This is the only redemption I am interested in besides Blockbuster.
westlaker is offline   Reply With Quote