Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-miles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
since the beginning of emiles I have redeemed 500 to my NWA account only once. I now have well over 300 and I never do anything but answer the initial survey and get the 5points. I dont want the hassle. Although there was one Guinness thing I signed up for. Maybe that's more.

Have any people gotten 500 more than 2 times? If so how?

Lastly, I always say I am interested or would like to see the ad ops again in emiles. If you do that, there will be more opps to get the 5 points at least!
Old Oct 9, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
since the beginning of emiles I have redeemed 500 to my NWA account only once. I now have well over 300 and I never do anything but answer the initial survey and get the 5points. I dont want the hassle. Although there was one Guinness thing I signed up for. Maybe that's more.

Have any people gotten 500 more than 2 times? If so how?

Lastly, I always say I am interested or would like to see the ad ops again in emiles. If you do that, there will be more opps to get the 5 points at least!
I have only had 2 redemptions (out of a possible 3) and will definitely have a redemption for the last quarter (500 miles for sure, possibly 1,000). I don't do anything special, except to sign up for bonus opportunities that are completely free, like the Hertz mailing list (25 miles), picture.com (50), Adobe Acrobat (200), etc.

Originally Posted by radonc1
This is a very long string, so this question may have been answered

I am currently a OP member but also have a WP account. My status is with OP as is my miles (I have a lot). Is it better to accumulate miles in one ST account or should I have some miles in 2 ST accounts? Or is it better to have one ST account and a different affiliation such as oneworld. I have an account with US as well, so should I join e-miles with US or CO or NW?? If this has already been answered please direct me and I will read. Thanks for your time. BTW, I fly all 3.
This is a 2-part question. The first--about having one SkyTeam account vs. two--is best to be answered in the SkyTeam forum. I would post there the details of your accounts (if you have "a lot" of miles in OP, then what's in your WP account?) and seek the advice there.

For the second part regarding which airline to sign up with for e-Miles, IMHO you could take two views:
Let's say you fly with CO/NW more than US...
1. ...so you want the miles to go to your biggest account.
2. ...so you want the miles to go to your smaller account, thus extending the expiration date in the event you don't find yourself traveling with the airline.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: US Plat; AA; DL
Total accumulation for me to date is 1345 (just got my second 500 transfer a few days ago -- 1st and 3rd quarters). So I expect another 500 at the end of the year.

I don't do anything special. As with Winglets I sign up for things that are free and don't for anything that costs.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 8:57 am
ecq

Last quarter i had a lot of surveys. I did use their special offers once for Horchow or was it neiman marcus? and others were to sign up somewhere. I haven't bought anything to get any special miles.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: US Plat; AA; DL
Just broke the 500-mile threshold again. Hoping that end-of-year things will get me up over 1,000.

2,000 miles/year isn't tremendous, but it's not like it takes much of my time either.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I did that Adobe software thing but have yet to see 200 miles post to my account from it. That was a few weeks ago now.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I did that Adobe software thing but have yet to see 200 miles post to my account from it. That was a few weeks ago now.
i did it a few months ago, nothing yet.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 2:52 pm

Only Delta remains?

I've check my e-rewards account yesterday and again today and I only see Delta as an airline redemption option.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by fungirl
I've check my e-rewards account yesterday and again today and I only see Delta as an airline redemption option.
This thread is about e-miles, not e-rewards. (Yes, I know they're run by the same company, but they are separate programs.)

Which program did you mean?
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:15 am
ecq

Originally Posted by UCBeau
i did it a few months ago, nothing yet.
i received mine but it was only 100.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 8:53 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

500 NW WorldPerks miles from e-Miles posted on 01/01/08. ^
Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:37 am

Programs: Peon in all
My e-Miles posted to my DL account ^, but so far haven't posted to my CO account - it does say "deposit" so there is hope! (I have 2 accounts/emails.)
Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by the_traveler
My e-Miles posted to my DL account ^, but so far haven't posted to my CO account - it does say "deposit" so there is hope! (I have 2 accounts/emails.)
I haven't joined e-Miles yet. It seems e-Miles has the same rule as e-Rewards:

from e-Miles Member Agreement:

"By completing the registration process, which includes submitting the e-Miles Enrollment Form, you become an authorized user of the e-Miles Service (a "Member").

Section 1) Eligibility

1. The e-Miles Service is limited to individuals only; corporations or other business entities may not become Members.

2. The e-Miles Service is limited to one account per individual, even if an individual has multiple e-mail addresses.....
"
Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:22 am

Best that you don't advertise having 2 or more accounts

Originally Posted by the_traveler
They catch you with two accounts they will void everything and shut both down.

Same for eRewards. Same for myCokeRewards.com

they have tools to match up things to catch you.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Is there a way to see exactly when/where points camme from? I seem to have gotten 100 I wasn't expecting, which pushed me over the edge just in time for Jan1. Not that I'm complaining, just curious.

Oh, and no sign of them in my US account yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.