Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

[Conga] MainStreetShares (Formerly BigCrumbs)

[Conga] MainStreetShares (Formerly BigCrumbs)

Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA Plt SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Aaron20
I got pudge cat. Could someone get Aaron2874

I got Aaron2874. Can someone use PrezVander? Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
I got Aaron2874

Could someone get me. My SN is dave209. Looks like me and prezvander submitted at the same time. Please someone get me and lets keep it rolling.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Plt SPG Plt
Looks like Aaron got lucky!

Looks like we doubled up Please use PrezVander next, then dave209 above and post when you have done so. Thanks guys!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:49 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I got Aaron2874. Please use skyehiker next. Thanks!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:38 pm

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
I got PrezVander. Please use tsaiMitch.

Looks the conga got a bit messed up, so please use these people: (1) dave209 (2) skyehiker (3) tsaiMitch
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:51 pm

The thread title is incredibly misleading

The 36 percent rebate through this company is based on the seller fees incurred (which are themselves a percentage of the initial listing and sale prices), not the purchase price. For example, the seller fees on an item which opens at $5 and sells for $25 (absent any special features) is $1.66. The rebate that you would earn would be 36 percent of this, or about 60 cents.

For the example above, this makes the actual rebate that one would earn something closer to 2.3 percent. And since they are billing themselves as being "up to 36 percent" (with other lower thresholds listed), the likelihood is that the actual rebate earned is significantly less than the 2.3 percent. (The CrumbEarner rebate of 20 percent of fees, for the above example, would return 33 cents on a $25 item, or 1.3 percent.)

Mike
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by mitchell
I got PrezVander. Please use tsaiMitch.

Looks the conga got a bit messed up, so please use these people: (1) dave209 (2) skyehiker (3) tsaiMitch
There is no way to repair the line. Dave209 and skyehiker need to cancel and resignup since they used Aaron last. I am using tsaiMitch to maintain the original line. Please use vxmike next.

Last edited by vxmike; Dec 29, 2006 at 3:01 am
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Of course it is on seller fees, just as Bondrewards is on seller fees as well. Most people here are familiar with that. You don't think that anyone would assume that it is 36% of the bid price...... On Bondrewards I cashed out $150 in Bonds in 6 weeks just from my Ebay purchases (I do buy items to resell in my business as well as for myself and most of purchases are in the $80-$250 range). I hope to do better with this new one. Anything back is free money, and unlike the Bonds, we don't have to wait months to cash them in (although I toss them in the safe deposit and forget about them, forced savings)
JAJ

Originally Posted by nako
The 36 percent rebate through this company is based on the seller fees incurred (which are themselves a percentage of the initial listing and sale prices), not the purchase price. For example, the seller fees on an item which opens at $5 and sells for $25 (absent any special features) is $1.66. The rebate that you would earn would be 36 percent of this, or about 60 cents.

For the example above, this makes the actual rebate that one would earn something closer to 2.3 percent. And since they are billing themselves as being "up to 36 percent" (with other lower thresholds listed), the likelihood is that the actual rebate earned is significantly less than the 2.3 percent. (The CrumbEarner rebate of 20 percent of fees, for the above example, would return 33 cents on a $25 item, or 1.3 percent.)

Mike
Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by vxmike
There is no way to repair the line. Dave209 and skyehiker need to cancel and resignup since they used Aaron last. I am using tsaiMitch to maintain the original line. Please use vxmike next.
I got vxmike

Please use Tmpy10 next please. Thank you and Happy Holidays to everyone!
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:23 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vxmike
HOW DO YOU CANCEL???? I've been looking around on the site for a little while, and can't find it)

Last edited by skye1; Dec 29, 2006 at 9:35 am
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Of course it is on seller fees, just as Bondrewards is on seller fees as well. Most people here are familiar with that. You don't think that anyone would assume that it is 36% of the bid price......
I think it's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that everyone is familiar with this and that everyone knows that it is off of fees, not the bid price.

I stand by what I said before -- what you wrote is incredibly misleading.

(Edit to reflect thread title edit by moderator)

Mike

Last edited by nako; Dec 29, 2006 at 9:35 am
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:29 am

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Originally Posted by Tmpy
I got vxmike

Please use Tmpy10 next please. Thank you and Happy Holidays to everyone!
I got Tmpy10, next person please use thenomad.

cheers
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:35 am
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
Originally Posted by nako
I think it's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that everyone is familiar with this and that everyone knows that it is off of fees, not the bid price.

I stand by what I said before -- what you wrote is incredibly misleading.

(Edit to reflect thread title edit by moderator)

Mike
I edited the title to reflect that it is seller fees.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:40 am
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
Hi I got thenomad - my turn user: macizoe

http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/frontpage.jsp?r=macizoe

Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:22 am

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Here's Mine

Here's mine please use me next.

http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/frontpage.jsp?r=dave209

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.