Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

new eReward survey for hotel- $175 if accepted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

Holy smokes. I just got targeted for a survey on hotels that would give me $175 if I was able to fully complete it. I guess I answered the qualification questions wrong as I only got a weak $1 out of it. Best of luck to those that received it!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:34 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, OnePass, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
Remember how you answered so we know to answer differently ?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:59 am

Programs: UA, DL, OZ, HH/S, MR, PC, SPG, A-Club
Post your answers so we can imitate
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
Hint: the survey is seeking frequent business travelers to luxury (brand) hotels
Old Nov 3, 2006, 1:44 pm

It didn't like Hilton.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 2:08 pm
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
I wonder how long the survey would take for a $175 credit??
Old Nov 3, 2006, 4:06 pm

Programs: Too Many.....
Originally Posted by jsm
Mmmm.. maybe 4-8 hrs, 20-30hrs??? or more? But still good for a few k/miles/points/yr
Old Nov 3, 2006, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, and some others
Originally Posted by SANBO93
Mmmm.. maybe 4-8 hrs, 20-30hrs??? or more? But still good for a few k/miles/points/yr
I recently was part of a targeted eRewards offer for participating in a home improvement bulletin board. Basically I had to look at and evaluate a website - answering a series of question and providing suggestions, twice a day, for four days. It probably took me 15 minutes avg / time * 2 times / day * 4 days.... so about 2 hours for $50 in credits.

I am not sure if that would be proportional to the $175 credit. If so, one might expect 6-8 hours of time.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 1:14 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by jsm
Maybe overnight? (Since it's survey on hotels.)
Old Nov 4, 2006, 10:24 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
I got a $200 survey about buying a new car a few weeks ago--targeted. I missed the email prompts for the 4th of 5 survey and only qualified for $60. A week later I got a check in the mail for $60 in real money--not erewards.

Each survey I took was identical to the last and only took about 10 minutes. Personally I did not see how those questions (or my answers) would have been valuable to anyone--they were very vague.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I just (in the last week) completed a survey about hrmmm, hah I can't remember now, but I got $35 out of it. It took about 40 minutes.

I was targetted for one a few months ago for $75 that would take 1.5 hours and if I completed that I would be asked to complete a phone interview that would last from 1-2 hours for an additional $150. Something happened when I clicked on the 1st link to the $75 survey and my browser closed. I tried accessing it again and it said I had already attempted it, so I didn't even get the $1 for the non-complete survey they had offerred. I never bothered to contact eRewards to see if I could try to complete it.

It does seem the last few surveys I have recv'd have been a bit higher paying then normal. Granted not like it was a year or so ago ($15 for 10 min) but better then $4 for 40 minutes.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:49 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
OK--my wife got the $175 hotel survey yesterday.

First question. Are you

A) Male
B) Female

Being my wife she chose B.

That was the end of the survey.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:13 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I got the hotel survey for $175 last week.

I am female.

I answered Four Seasons and bingo! Winner. The $175 posted immediately and I cashed in $50 of it for Hilton points.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339
I got the hotel survey for $175 last week.

I am female.

I answered Four Seasons and bingo! Winner. The $175 posted immediately and I cashed in $50 of it for Hilton points.

Saweet. So, no Road & Track subscription for you then?
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:21 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have had several $50 surveys and I have heard of $100 surveys...but $175 is Da Bomb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.