FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   new eReward survey for hotel- $175 if accepted (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/620679-new-ereward-survey-hotel-175-if-accepted.html)

edbyu Nov 3, 2006 10:58 am

new eReward survey for hotel- $175 if accepted

Holy smokes. I just got targeted for a survey on hotels that would give me $175 if I was able to fully complete it. I guess I answered the qualification questions wrong as I only got a weak $1 out of it. Best of luck to those that received it!

zachs18 Nov 3, 2006 11:34 am

Remember how you answered so we know to answer differently :) ?

eeprofessional Nov 3, 2006 11:59 am

Post your answers so we can imitate :)

tdo-ca Nov 3, 2006 12:00 pm

Hint: the survey is seeking frequent business travelers to luxury (brand) hotels

GRBgirl Nov 3, 2006 1:44 pm

It didn't like Hilton.

jsm Nov 3, 2006 2:08 pm

I wonder how long the survey would take for a $175 credit??

SANBO93 Nov 3, 2006 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by jsm

Mmmm.. maybe 4-8 hrs, 20-30hrs??? or more? :rolleyes: But still good for a few k/miles/points/yr ;)

RustingInSeattle Nov 3, 2006 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by SANBO93
Mmmm.. maybe 4-8 hrs, 20-30hrs??? or more? :rolleyes: But still good for a few k/miles/points/yr ;)

I recently was part of a targeted eRewards offer for participating in a home improvement bulletin board. Basically I had to look at and evaluate a website - answering a series of question and providing suggestions, twice a day, for four days. It probably took me 15 minutes avg / time * 2 times / day * 4 days.... so about 2 hours for $50 in credits.

I am not sure if that would be proportional to the $175 credit. If so, one might expect 6-8 hours of time.

lin821 Nov 4, 2006 1:14 am

Originally Posted by jsm

Maybe overnight? (Since it's survey on hotels.) :p :D

pushback Nov 4, 2006 10:24 pm

I got a $200 survey about buying a new car a few weeks ago--targeted. I missed the email prompts for the 4th of 5 survey and only qualified for $60. A week later I got a check in the mail for $60 in real money--not erewards.

Each survey I took was identical to the last and only took about 10 minutes. Personally I did not see how those questions (or my answers) would have been valuable to anyone--they were very vague.

infinityplusone Nov 7, 2006 9:46 pm

I just (in the last week) completed a survey about hrmmm, hah I can't remember now, but I got $35 out of it. It took about 40 minutes.

I was targetted for one a few months ago for $75 that would take 1.5 hours and if I completed that I would be asked to complete a phone interview that would last from 1-2 hours for an additional $150. Something happened when I clicked on the 1st link to the $75 survey and my browser closed. I tried accessing it again and it said I had already attempted it, so I didn't even get the $1 for the non-complete survey they had offerred. :( I never bothered to contact eRewards to see if I could try to complete it.

It does seem the last few surveys I have recv'd have been a bit higher paying then normal. Granted not like it was a year or so ago ($15 for 10 min) but better then $4 for 40 minutes.

pushback Nov 7, 2006 9:49 pm

OK--my wife got the $175 hotel survey yesterday.

First question. Are you

A) Male
B) Female

Being my wife she chose B.

That was the end of the survey.

Pat89339 Nov 8, 2006 1:13 pm

I got the hotel survey for $175 last week.

I am female.

I answered Four Seasons and bingo! Winner. The $175 posted immediately and I cashed in $50 of it for Hilton points. :p

pushback Nov 8, 2006 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339
I got the hotel survey for $175 last week.

I am female.

I answered Four Seasons and bingo! Winner. The $175 posted immediately and I cashed in $50 of it for Hilton points. :p

Saweet. So, no Road & Track subscription for you then?

gpapadop Nov 8, 2006 1:21 pm

I have had several $50 surveys and I have heard of $100 surveys...but $175 is Da Bomb :D