Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Extreme Savings at Redbox

Old Feb 11, 2013, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Promotional Codes
  • DVDONME
  • BREAKROOM
  • DVDNIGHT
  • REDBOX (New Customers Only)
  • WALGREENS (Available at Walgreens)
  • DVDATWAG (Available at Walgreens)
  • DVDATMAC (Available at McDonald’s)
  • DVDKROG (Available at Kroger)
  • DRIVEIN (Available at Sonic)
  • HIGHFIVE (EXPIRED)
  • SWEET (EXPIRED)
  • HEART (EXPIRED)

How can I get promo codes from Redbox?

Redbox periodically sends special offers to customers who have signed up to receive emails (you can sign up here if you haven’t already). Redbox also sends a promo code every month to customers who have signed up for text alerts. To get text alerts, text the word REDBOX to 727272 (only available on participating carriers, message and data rates may apply, and you can always text STOP to quit). You can also purchase Redbox Gifts to give promo codes to yourself or as a gift to a friend.

Can I use my promo code when I reserve a movie online?

Most promo codes can only be redeemed at a box. To find out about your code’s limitations, check the email, text message or web page where you got the promo code. If you can’t find any details but still want to use the code online, try entering it during the checkout process on redbox.com. If the code can’t be used online, you’ll get an error message telling you so.

If I use a promo code, how much will I be charged?

If you rent a standard-definition DVD, you won’t be charged for your first night’s rental. If you use your promo code for a Blu-ray Disc or video game, the promo code will cover $1.20 of your first rental day.

How can I redeem a promo code?

It’s easy: (1) Pick the DVD you’d like to rent and add it to your cart. (2) When you get to the checkout screen, touch "Add Promo" to use your promo code. (3) Enjoy your movie!

Why do I have to tell you my credit card number if I have a coupon for a free movie?

Your debit or credit card acts like a security deposit for your rental, and it’s on hand for daily charges if you want to hold on to your movie for more than one night.

Can I use a promo code when I reserve a movie with the Redbox mobile app?

Sorry, promo codes can’t be used on the Redbox mobile app at this time.
Special Offers
  • Rent Hotel Transylvania on DVD or Blu-ray from Redbox and receive $5 off your purchase to buy it at participating stores. Offer Details
  • Reserve online, pick-up and return, and get a free rental credit. (New Customers Only) Offer Details
  • Enter the Redbox Movie Awards sweepstakes for your chance to win a grand prize consisting of a Redbox Ruby award of your own, a Sony Home Theater system, and lots more. (No Longer Accepting Entries) Offer Details
  • Try Redbox Instant and receive instant movies and DVD credits for a month. Offer Details
  • Cash in $5 or more at a Coinstar in Kroger and receive a free 1-day Redbox DVD rental. Offer Details

Redbox 10 Days of Deals
Through 2/26, Redbox is offering up 10 Days of Deals on Redbox rentals! Just text the word SPECIAL to 727272 every day through 2/26 for a new discount code you can use. Discount offers include…

A 50 discount on your first rental day of any disc
50% off of a 1-day game rental
$1 off of a 1-day game rental
Rent one DVD and get another one free for your rental day
Upgrade from a DVD to a Blu-ray Disc for free for your first rental day

Cashback
  • Ebates.com - 7%
  • Fatwallet.com - 7%

Last edited by traveldealexpert; Feb 20, 2013 at 6:12 pm
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:11 pm

While this is a great find and contribution by the OP, be aware that you might wanna jump on this ASAP - as rumors abound on the distribution side of the industry that Redbox may be headed for its final 60 seconds of its 15 minutes of fame.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ritz
While this is a great find and contribution by the OP, be aware that you might wanna jump on this ASAP - as rumors abound on the distribution side of the industry that Redbox may be headed for its final 60 seconds of its 15 minutes of fame.
Would you like to elaborate? I would love to know more about this...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Today, 2/14 only, Redbox is offering a FREE one-day rental when you use code HIGHFIVE

Don’t forget you can still use the promo codes SWEET or HEART for another FREE rental through tonight!

Offer Details
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Used two of the codes yesterday, and one of the discs wouldn't play, so they gave me 2 codes for free rentals.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Through 2/26, Redbox is offering up 10 Days of Deals on Redbox rentals! Just text the word SPECIAL to 727272 every day through 2/26 for a new discount code you can use. Discount offers include…

Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
Through 2/26, Redbox is offering up 10 Days of Deals on Redbox rentals! Just text the word SPECIAL to 727272 every day through 2/26 for a new discount code you can use. Discount offers include

My text said:

Redbox: 10 Days of Deals is back! reply with the word BIG each day through 2/26 for another surprise deal. Text STOP to cancel.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
I don't see how this company can stay in business since anyone with a moderate IQ can figure out how to get effectively unlimited free discs.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:44 pm

How can they call it extreme savings when they are only buck anyways? Even my 15 year old laughed at me when I said I had a free night rental.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mileshound
How can they call it extreme savings when they are only buck anyways? Even my 15 year old laughed at me when I said I had a free night rental.
Well...look at the percentages Lol...a 100% savings.

I know, the title isn't that accurate...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by traveldealexpert
Promotional Codes
  • DVDONME
  • BREAKROOM
  • REDBOX (New Customers Only)
  • WALGREENS (Available at Walgreens)
  • DVDATWAG (Available at Walgreens)
  • DVDATMAC (Available at McDonalds)
  • DVDKROG (Available at Kroger)
  • DRIVEIN (Available at Sonic)
  • HIGHFIVE (EXPIRED)
  • SWEET (EXPIRED)
  • HEART (EXPIRED)
BREAKROOM didn't work today. Got the message that it's been used. DVDONME worked.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by linsj
BREAKROOM didn't work today. Got the message that it's been used. DVDONME worked.
Codes can only be used once per credit card.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: HHGold
Promo: Dvdnight
Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saia06912
Promo: Dvdnight
Thanks! I added it to the list...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really like Redbox and I think I may need to start paying for the DVDs to help it stay in business. It's just around a buck per DVD and the shows are better and newer than the Netflix streaming option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.