Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-rewards expiration policy is rediculous

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2006, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
With all of this information, I would rather not be bothered by all of the crap spam emails etc. they send out.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
12000 HH points per year, not too bad if you ask me
Old Aug 6, 2006, 9:29 pm

My eReward dollars expired on Aug 1 along with many others.

I sent them a pleasantly worded email, explained that I was days away and just a few dollars away (both the truth) from a HH reward. I asked them to reinstate my expired dollars. They did within a couple days and sent a pleasantly worded note back.

I don't think they are a scam -- 'free' Blockbuster rentals, some 'free' air miles and 'free' HH points all for answer some surveys and investing some time.

Quite reasonable in my book.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 7:49 am
dc3

Originally Posted by linsj
I, too, have been happy with E-rewards. Have gained thousands of free Honors points and dozens of Blockbuster rentals.

I have also been quite happy withEreards. I haven't had any problems.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 7:55 am
dc3

Originally Posted by linsj
I, too, have been happy with E-rewards. Have gained thousands of free Honors points and dozens of Blockbuster rentals.

Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I sent Erewards an email last night and simply and nicely asked that they reinstate the dollars that expired 8-1. They replied this morning stating they would. The manual entry has already been posted.

I redeemed a $25.00 reward on 7-31 and knew I would lose several dollars but thought I'd take the chance on reinstatement instead of redeeming for a reward I didn't really want.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 7:00 pm

Optional

So far, after one month of use and a 500 AAdvantage reward, I've been happy with the eRewards program.

eRewards users shouldn't forget that it's optional. However, veteran users have the right to be frustrated when the program has lowered the value of a point and placed more restrictions on redemptions.

Can't knock the "free" miles though.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 8:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by iris30
I sent Erewards an email last night and simply and nicely asked that they reinstate the dollars that expired 8-1. They replied this morning stating they would. The manual entry has already been posted.

I redeemed a $25.00 reward on 7-31 and knew I would lose several dollars but thought I'd take the chance on reinstatement instead of redeeming for a reward I didn't really want.
I wish they would reply to my emails for missing credits. They owe me $21 in credits, all from at least 7-10 business days ago.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by dc3

I too am happy with e-rewards, I just redeemed my 2nd $50 certificate for 3,000 Hilton Honors points today and the points posted immediately! For me, it was worth the time and effort in answering a few questions for the extra HH points. Also I plan on redeeming my $$$ for NWA and US Air.

Paula
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:42 pm

not worth the time

Originally Posted by rakers
So far, after one month of use and a 500 AAdvantage reward, I've been happy with the eRewards program.
Impressive. That's about the rate of return I found. About 20 surveys, 12 minutes apiece. That's 2 hours of work for a mileage reward worth about $5 in real money. Hmm. If I can push myself to double the speed of my answers I just might achieve minimum wage. Woo hoo!

Seriously, I only did this to keep some airline miles from expiring on an airline I hadn't flown in a while. Now that that's out of the way, I'm through with this program. Next time I need a mileage top-up like that, I'll apply for an affinity credit card. 10,000-20,000 miles for about 15 minutes filling out the application form. Much better return.

Aside from the paltry compensation, they lost me when I answered more than a dozen pages of survey questions for an HSBC survey, giving them tons of data about income, banking patterns, and the type and size of my bank accounts. I was well past the point where they could reasonably say I didn't fit their requirements. Only then was I dumped with a "partial" reward. Not only that, they didn't even claim I didn't fit the profile. Rather, they claimed they were oversubscribed.

Oh, really? If they were oversubscribed, why not let us know at the outset. Is it because they want to extract lots of data, and still stiff you with the miniscule "partial" reward?

Last edited by jfinlayson; Nov 22, 2006 at 2:43 pm Reason: formatting
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I don't accrue the points all that quickly, and was ready to take the smaller HH award. But, a week or so before expiration, they sent me a message that I would keep my points. I'm now $10 away from $100. It's not that I think my time is worth that little, but I use time that would otherwise be wasted. If I do this instead of watching cartoons, I'm probably rewarded doubly.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by jfinlayson
....Aside from the paltry compensation, they lost me when I answered more than a dozen pages of survey questions for an HSBC survey, giving them tons of data about income, banking patterns, and the type and size of my bank accounts. I was well past the point where they could reasonably say I didn't fit their requirements. Only then was I dumped with a "partial" reward. Not only that, they didn't even claim I didn't fit the profile. Rather, they claimed they were oversubscribed.

Oh, really? If they were oversubscribed, why not let us know at the outset. Is it because they want to extract lots of data, and still stiff you with the miniscule "partial" reward?
Allow me to say that I know for sure that I am not one of the big eRewards earners (I didn't even get the $175 hotel stay one), but I am happy with my earning rate. After "cashing" out my account in the summer, I am currently very close to claim another 2K miles.

About the HSBC survey. I agree with you it's long. I got in and was able to complete that one on 10/23/06. However, the $4 full-credit hasn't been posted as we speak (or as I type ). So far, I have 3 surveys credits missing (2 in October, 1 in November). It seems to me eRewards is falling behind in the last couple weeks posting due credits. Have no ideas what's going on.

Last edited by lin821; Nov 23, 2006 at 1:28 am
Old Nov 23, 2006, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by lin821
So far, I have 3 surveys credits missing (2 in October, 1 in November). It seems to me eRewards is falling behind in the last couple weeks posting due credits. Have no ideas what's going on.
Or, maybe to a certain extent, e-rewards really is a SCAM, as the title of this thread suggests!

I avoid doing most of the surveys that supposedly post in "7-10 business days" because I have in the past NEVER gotten credit for those until I complained and complained and complained. I still manage to rack up enough points to occasionally redeem a Hilton HHonors 3,000 point award. And I'll probably redeem a $15 Borders reward to top up my Borders holiday savings account, which is currently below the $10 redemption threshold. So, scam or not, participating in e-rewards has its rewards.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:02 am

they lost me

Impressive. That's about the rate of return I found. About 20 surveys, 12 minutes apiece. That's 2 hours of work for a mileage reward worth about $5 in real money. Hmm. If I can push myself to double the speed of my answers I just might achieve minimum wage. Woo hoo!...

Like many posters here I can attest that e-rewards is not a scam:

11/07/06 AADVANTAGE - E-REWARDS REDEMPTION 1,000 0 1,000

However, I understand the OPs sentiment; the daily e-mails might only take a few minutes but they are distracting. It's a tiny ROR.

Aside from the paltry compensation, they lost me when I answered more than a dozen pages of survey questions for an HSBC survey, giving them tons of data about income, banking patterns, and the type and size of my bank accounts. I was well past the point where they could reasonably say I didn't fit their requirements. Only then was I dumped with a "partial" reward. Not only that, they didn't even claim I didn't fit the profile. Rather, they claimed they were oversubscribed.
I wonder if that was the same survey that killed it for me. I initially felt altrustic, giving my time cheaply to "help" but if they return the favor by simply wasting my time, well, that's the end of that....
Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:43 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
...I avoid doing most of the surveys that supposedly post in "7-10 business days"....
This may not be a good strategy, in my humble opinion.

Every survey I received indeed specified the 7-10 b-days (or longer like 15 b-days) posting timeframe in the invitation email. However, in the last two months, I would say roughly 60% of the survey that I was qualified for, instant credits were posted. No wait at all. ^

The point being there's no way of knowing whether this survey is an instant "gratification" deal or a wait-and-see game. I do keep a record of my pending credits in case I have to follow up after 2-3 weeks. I may have been lucky in the past. I occasionally had to go through the follow-up route and it would take no more than 2 emails. Most of the followup were just 1 email. I can only hope their customer service can only go upwards. (Keep my fingers cross!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.