FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Is Entertainment book sold in stores? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/385400-entertainment-book-sold-stores.html)

yevlesh2 Jan 2, 2005 2:08 am

Is Entertainment book sold in stores?

Anyone know of any "brick and mortar" stores which sell the Entertainment books? I want to leaf through and see if this year's edition has certain discounts before I buy the book.

lin821 Jan 2, 2005 3:48 am

I recalled my local bank, University Federal Credit Union, used to sell it and the members could go and buy them. I am not sure about 2005 version. If you have UFCU nearby, you may want to check it out.

lin821

linsj Jan 2, 2005 6:13 am

My credit union sells it, so I'm guessing most do. You can walk in and look at it--and buy it--without being a member.

IncredibleDeals Jan 2, 2005 7:06 am

Our local Borders Bookstore carries the Entertainment book.

steve100 Jan 2, 2005 7:07 am

My local (large chain) supermarket sells it.

kgsd Jan 2, 2005 7:10 am

Have you checked the website? I believe it lists the discounts included in your area's book.

Sirecca Jan 2, 2005 8:42 am

Originally Posted by kgsd
Have you checked the website? I believe it lists the discounts included in your area's book.

This is a fact. While I'm not sure if the web site lists ALL of the stuff in the book, there's enough there (especially on the restaurant side) to make a decision. I used the online information to decide on purchasing a couple of out-of-town books as Christmas gifts.

yevlesh2 Jan 2, 2005 9:46 am

I am interested in any skiing discounts, and for some reason clicking on the skiing link sends me back to the main page of Entertainment.com . So it either means that they don't have anything in that category, or that the site is acting out. I will stop by Borders today.

Also, could anyone who has the DC or PA book see if this year's edition has any discounts for Ski Liberti or Whitetail ski resorts? Any skiing discounts at all?

cmccool Jan 2, 2005 10:10 am

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Also, could anyone who has the DC or PA book see if this year's edition has any discounts for Ski Liberti or Whitetail ski resorts? Any skiing discounts at all?

I have the Northern Virginia / DC book. I got it at Barnes & Noble. I have also seen the books for sale at CVS and Safeway.

The skiing discounts in my book are for Canaan Valley and Timberline.

Steph58 Jan 2, 2005 11:51 am

I've seen it at Costco (not sure of the scope of Costco U.S. locations). Noted that it was not any cheaper there. Agreed, generally the web site provides a very complete source for what's in a book.

thefareguru Jan 2, 2005 11:56 am

I see it in the stores attached to hospitals and in other places that have a charity component.

JudyJFLA Jan 2, 2005 12:12 pm

Barnes and Noble here in Florida carries it behind the cashier counter, but go with the bonus points out there, or at least check with local charities so they can get the benefits.

JudyJFLA

NJUPINTHEAIR Jan 2, 2005 2:46 pm

In another thread, I was told that I could receive 950 E-Bay anything points for each purchase.

Of course, I have yet to see those points, but I am still hopeful.

In addition, I think that if you were to go thru E-Rewards, you can earn $5 in rewards for each book purchased.

Good luck!

gradvmedusa Jan 2, 2005 6:22 pm

Target carries it.

Always Travel Ready Jan 3, 2005 12:03 pm

Barnes and Nobles in New York also carries it. You can sit at the cafe and leaf though it over a cappuccino.

Mypoints, also offers 750 points for each book purchased.