Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

BankDirect AAdvantage mileage op!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2004, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Referral alert! I am happy to do a referral for you. )

If you like online banking, consider "Mileage Checking" with BankDirect. They have been around several years and have good following on FT. Easy 7000 AA miles can be posted within 2 months. Excellent ATM reimburement.

http://www.bankdirect.com/frames_01....n/products.asp

Here's the skinny on the miles:

1000 for opening Mileage checking
5000 for doing 1st direct deposit (can then cancel if you want)
1000 for being referred
Extra miles for average balance each month

and I get 1000 for the privelge of referring you.

Just make sure you are comfortable with the minimum balance to avoid fees.

Interested?
email me at [email protected]
Old Feb 10, 2004, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
It s only fair that we congo line this....
Old Apr 11, 2004, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
I had an account with BankDirect two years ago, can I still open an account and get bonus miles? If so, can someone refer me? Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by PokerHammy
I had an account with BankDirect two years ago, can I still open an account and get bonus miles? If so, can someone refer me? Thanks.
My understanding is that you can. In fact, I verified this with customer service several months back -- you can have 2 mileage accounts per social security number.

As far as referrals, I've maxed out mine (so I guess I should close my account and reopen for new bonuses, huh?).
Old Apr 12, 2004, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
I would love to give you a referral. I signed up about 2 months ago and gave another FTer the chance to get the 1000 miles. Have not referred anyone myself though. I'll send an email to you if you let me know your email. Or if you prefer I can private message you. Haven't used that feature yet! ([email protected])

M

Last edited by msrohud; Apr 12, 2004 at 7:25 am
Old Apr 13, 2004, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Be aware that when doing BankDirect referrals --

* the email address that you refer needs to be the one that the person gives to BankDirect when they sign up for their account
* they need to list the referrer's email address as well, and it needs to match the one BankDirect has on file for the referrer.

This means that if you give BankDirect your 'real' email, but use some other account (eg Yahoo, Hotmail) for Flyertalk correspondence, you need to make extra sure to give your real emails.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 4:18 pm

sounds good, any fees?

so it looks like only $100 to sign up. i couldnt find a list of any hidden fees on there website, are there any catches? if i just want to leave $100 in for a year, and do nothing else, is there any penalties? cancelation terms? if not, sign me up!!! ^
Old Apr 18, 2004, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Accounts are assessed a $15 fee each month the avg balance is less than $2500.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 6:58 pm

ouch! how long do you have to keep the $2500 before closing the account without getting charged with closing fees? also could you please post the bankdirect link of these fees, if there is one?
Old Apr 18, 2004, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mymyles
ouch! how long do you have to keep the $2500 before closing the account without getting charged with closing fees? also could you please post the bankdirect link of these fees, if there is one?
I've never seen reference to closing fees, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

See fees here--
http://www.bankdirect.com/learn/prod...eckingwint.asp
http://www.bankdirect.com/learn/aadvantage.asp
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Smile

It is not a bad deal. I opened a checking account there in August.

If you have a decent amount of money parked in a money market account you might want to consider moving it over. The interest sucks, but then again, MM and checking acount interest rates suck all over. BankDirect's interest rate was only 1/4% less than what I was getting before.

I re-financed my house, pulled out A LOT of money to pay for a renovation and addition, so I had to keep the money liquid. Let's just say that by the time the #$&!?# renovation is finished, I can take a trip to Asia FC!
Old Apr 24, 2004, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And at least the mileage awarded on balances isn't taxable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.