No more MyPoints with Wal-Mart gift cards

Subscribe
MyPoints members please note:
Points will not be awarded for the purchase of
Gift Certificates and Wal-Mart Shopping cards.

Continue to Walmart!

RATS! There goes my 4 points and double SkyMiles.

So much for buying gift cards through MyPoints, one of my main sources of MyPoints and miles

------------------
==================
Another evil plot for world domination through the use of points and miles.
I'm with you on this one! I typically would order $3K or so every quarter to shop for my office and home. I always had to call, email and fax numerous times to get the mypoints. Now the CS I deal with tells me that the SLOW posting was because we were never supposed to be able to get points for gift cards.

At least with the gift cards I can get something while shopping at SAMS (the double miles on my DL credit card).
The more I think about this policy the more asinine I think it is. There is no real inventory for Walmart to handle, nothing to pull off the shelves and package. What is the reasoning behind this? I presume it is a decision by Walmart in their agreement with mypoints.com. I wonder if there is any way we can get the policy changed.

Okay, I'll stop ranting and move on.
I hope they don't make this retroactive. I made a purchase on 7/10 and I am still waiting for the credit.

------------------
AA, Onepass, Skymiles, Hhonors, Starwood
I bought gift cards in April, May, June & July, but never received any points. NOW they tell us! Jean
BTW, Discover now awards only 0.25% cashback for purchases @ Wal-Mart, regardless of your spending level.

Used to be you'd get 0.25% @ Sam's Club but full cashback @ Wal-Mart.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Jayebee and Racefan: You will have to call mypoints CS to get your points. You should be elgible because they didn't post the notice until about 10 days ago.
WalMart is a partner with airmilesmart and it doesn't say you don't get points for gift cards. At least you can redemd them for miles on AA, Delta, CO, America West & NWA.
From airmilesmart terms and conditions:

Accrual of Points

You will be credited miles based on the amount of net purchases made at participating merchants. The net purchase is defined as the total amount paid to the merchant minus tax, gift-wrapping, shipping, promotional credits, returns, cancellations, discounts, and transaction fees. Certain types of merchandise are excluded from earning miles, including but not limited to gift certificates and cash or cash equivalents.

Thanks, Dave, I didn't see that.
So far mypoints is trying to tell me that I get no points for my last purchase of gift cards on 7/10. Still trying to plead my case though......

------------------
Now Mypoints is telling me that it has always been this way and if I got points for buying Wal-Mart gift cards before it was a one time exception they were making for me.

Does anyone know if this is true or not?

------------------
I bought cards several times, and I always got MyPoints. I had to back and forward with customer service a few times, but at the end it always worked out.

Sorry that they are giving you a hard time, I would try again with another representative.

I don't know why they are changing their policy, all they are getting is guaranteed business and all we are giving them money into their accounts interest free

------------------
==================
Another evil plot for world domination through the use of points and miles.
Does anyone have a telephone number for Mypoints?
RaceFan try: 888 262 4528