Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

free 25 MyPoints for "Point Alert"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2002, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

go to Earn Points / Try It Out
pg 2 "Point Alert"

It puts some kind of "spyware" on your PC to alert you of points opportunities when visiting websites that participate in MyPoints.

You may find it usefull... Personally, I just told my firewall to ignore all requests by it... then went to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and got rid of it... "My Points Alert"
Old Feb 1, 2002, 11:47 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
You might want to do a CTrl-Alt-Delete and make sure the process still isn't running. Or run msconfig and see if there is a spyware app or dll that loads somewhere on start-up. The old unlamented Dash bar software was still running on one's system, even after uninstalling it. Took some major registry editing to really get rid of it.
Old Feb 2, 2002, 12:15 am
Original Poster

yup, I ran msconfig and regedit after Add Remove Programs to rid of 'em.

The offending registry and startup items were "TopMoxie."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.