Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Free course on Travel Hacking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC

A couple of guys I follow on twitter are putting together a course on Travel Hacking. It will be released next month. Thought some (myself included) might be interested in it. They are giving away a free ebook for simply signing up to the "coming soon" email list about the course. The free ebook is named "7 Tips, Tricks and Busted Myths About Credit Cards and Travel Hacking

Last edited by Spiff; Jul 28, 2014 at 2:19 pm Reason: referral links not permitted without conga
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Do you think they will have anything to say that is new and hasn't been said 100 hundred or more times before?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by JerryFF
Do you think they will have anything to say that is new and hasn't been said 100 hundred or more times before?
no, but I bet they will end it with selling an advanced edition, which still will have nothing that we all do not already know
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I'm unclear what "travel hacking" even means.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Someone coined the name "travel hacking" for this hobby. Personally, I don't like the term, because "hacking" has a negative connotation in the computer world. I don't think we're doing anything dishonest or harmful at all. But the term has stuck.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
Someone coined the name "travel hacking" for this hobby. Personally, I don't like the term, because "hacking" has a negative connotation in the computer world. I don't think we're doing anything dishonest or harmful at all. But the term has stuck.
Hacking is not necessarily a negative term in the computer world!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:18 pm

louisville travel

Originally Posted by Spiff
Hacking is not necessarily a negative term in the computer world!
Do you have a personal email you can forward. Mine is: (email removed for privacy)
I am interested is sharing some ideas. I am new to this hobby.

Last edited by Spiff; Oct 4, 2014 at 1:05 am
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:19 pm

travel hacking

Originally Posted by Rickytran
I'm unclear what "travel hacking" even means.
Are you in the Louisville, Ky. area?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:20 pm

travel hacking

Originally Posted by air360
A couple of guys I follow on twitter are putting together a course on Travel Hacking. It will be released next month. Thought some (myself included) might be interested in it. They are giving away a free ebook for simply signing up to the "coming soon" email list about the course. The free ebook is named "7 Tips, Tricks and Busted Myths About Credit Cards and Travel Hacking
Are you in the Louisville Ky. area?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: VA Silver; BA Silver; IHG Platinum
You really shouldn't post your personal email in a forum that can be seen by anyone on the internet...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:37 am

lucydney - If you want to contact someone, click on the handle (user name) of that member in front of a post that member made (like the "Counsellor" in front of this message). It is a link, and a drop-down menu will come up that will allow you to send that person a "Private Message" or PM. You can exchange PMs, or send your e-mail address via PM without posting it publicly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.