Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Travelpony Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelpony Discussion Thread [No Referrals]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Anyone have any feedback on how their experience went? Did it go smoothly? I made a booking in early April, and called the hotel today to reconfirm my upcoming reservation and they have no record of me (which I understand since it is from a 3rd party site though my reservation says allow 24-48 hours to hit the hotel system). I called Travelpony who said they called the hotel and the hotel would "enter it in." The hotel hasn't yet returned my call to verify if this is actually accurate. Just hoping when I show up I actually have a reservation!
Old May 21, 2014, 4:14 pm

My experience is OK. The booking records transferred to the hotel requires ~24 hours.
Old May 28, 2014, 3:44 pm

My experience was fine, too. I used travel credit, and called the hotel before my stay (last weekend) to make sure all was well. It was.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: WN Companion Pass, National Executive
Just logged on to my TP account and it seems that as of June 3, they've changed the way they handle the $35 referrals now. Rather than showing as travel credit, they now give you a referral discount code. This means that we're no longer able to stack promotion codes on top of the referral codes.

The $25 credits that you receive for friends booking nights are still stackable.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone had any experience with modifying a reservation made at Travel Pony? (I've been able to cancel previously, but haven't needed to modify.) I've got 3 nights booked in New Orleans for November 22-25 (Hilton Garden Inn), and now only need 22-24. But, since it was at an excellent price ($80 per night) and is no longer available at all -- including at Hilton.com, I hesitate to try changing the reservation and lose the entire booking. Since there is nothing else available at anywhere near that price for our dates, if necessary I'd rather just pay for the 3 nights and only use 2 of them. Any suggestions?

For some reason, I can't reach their help desk from my phone in Germany.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:47 am

Be careful Travelpony.com

My experience: On 5/8, booked two rooms one night (6/5-6/6) at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW from Travelpony.com, the rate is pre-paid, so I paid all the booking fee on 5/8. On 6/5, I arrived at hotel at about 11:00pm, but was told that my booking was canceled at 6:00pm because they can't verify my credit card information.

Processing result:Travelpony refund the booking fee but no any other compensation.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by romantic815
My experience: On 5/8, booked two rooms one night (6/5-6/6) at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW from Travelpony.com, the rate is pre-paid, so I paid all the booking fee on 5/8. On 6/5, I arrived at hotel at about 11:00pm, but was told that my booking was canceled at 6:00pm because they can't verify my credit card information.

Processing result:Travelpony refund the booking fee but no any other compensation.
Do you mean "Travelpony canceled your booking at 6pm on checking day" ? Or, the hotel canceled your booking at 6pm on checking day.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:59 am

Some interesting results in Vegas. Booked one night at Paris, no resort fee. Booked one night at PH, made res same day at 5:20, checked in at 7 no problem. Also no resort fee and got a $25 dining credit. None of these perks were in the res details.

Also after receiving many referral bonuses it looks like it has stopped. None for weeks when I suspected I should be getting them. Then this trip one stay should have gotten me a bonus but after 3 days nothing. Guess I need to call.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:41 am

Any current (non-referral) codes for Travelpony?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:03 pm
Suspended

It looks like the company eliminated self-referrals? I keep getting an error message when I try it. Perhaps if I open the link on my work computer with a different IP address.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Shawn S
Any current (non-referral) codes for Travelpony?
If guessing no as this is a month old.. Bummer :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.