Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Uber Car Service Promos - No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: davie355
Uber frequently publishes discount offers for certain geographies or payment methods. Often these are listed within their individual City Blogs.

Please post new offers and update this wiki as you discover new promotions.

Promos For New Members:
[These codes should be entered in the "Promotion Code" box on the new user signup form.]

$10 off your first ride when referred by an existing member. This can often be combined with other promotions. See this conga thread: Conga: Uber Car Service

New users in Berlin only: 20 Euros off your first ride when you sign up with promo code GLUEHWEINBERLIN; expiration unknown: #UberGluehwein In Berlin
New users in Cape Town only: R100 off your first two trips when you sign up with promo code CTLAUNCH; expiration unknown: Connecting Cape Town: Uber Has Officially Launched
New users in Columbus only: $20 off your first ride using promo code CBUSFREE; expiration unknown: Uber Launches In Columbus
New users in Dubai only: AED80 off your first ride when you sign up with promo code DubaiLaunch; expiration unknown: Marhaba Dubai! Uber Has Officially Launched
New users in Durban only: R200 off your first ride when you sign up with promo code DURBANVIP; expiration unknown: Durban – Your Luxury 4×4 Is Arriving Now!
New users in Indianapolis only: $20 off your first ride when you sign up with promo code FT13; expires 2/28/2014
New users in Johannesburg only: R150 off your first ride when you sign up with promo code UBERJHBLOVE; expiration unknown: Same Uber, Less Cash: Uber Joburg Lowers Prices
New users in Munich only: 20 Euros off your first ride when you sign up with promo code GLUEHWEINMUC; expiration unknown: #UberGluehwein In München
New users in Santiago only: Two free rides, up to 20000 pesos each, when you sign up with promo code ESTILOSANTIAGO; expiration unknown: Secret Ubers Arrive In Santiago!
New users in Zurich only: CHF 20 off your first ride when you sign up with promo code GLUEHWEIN; expiration unknown: Wir Bringen #UberGluehwein Zu Dir!

Promos For Certain Geographies, Usually Open to All:
[These codes should be entered in the "Promotions" tab in the "Settings" section of the app. They will usually work for existing users as well as new users.]

Abu Dhabi:
AED80 off your first ride, using promo code UberAbuDhabi; expiration unknown: Uber Has Officially Launched In Abu Dhabi!

Bogota:
20000 COP credit, using promo code UberLanza; expiration unknown: Uber + Bogota: White Is The New Black

Cali:
40000 COP credit, using promo code CALIDAD; expiration unknown: Secret Ubers Arrive In Cali!

Doha:
One free ride, up to QAR 80, using promo code UberDoha; expiration unknown: Ahlan Wasahlan Doha… Your Ubers Are Arriving Now!

Dubai:
20% of your next ride is donated to Climb for Cancer at no cost to you using promo code ClimbForCancer; expiration unknown: Uber Teams Up With Climb For Cancer…And You’re One Promo Code Away From Doing That Too!

Manila:
PHP 800 off your first ride in the Manila secret launch, using promo code TRYUBERMNL: Secret Ubers Have Made Their Way To Manila!

Moscow:
500 rubles off your first two trips in the city using promo code MOSKVA, expiration unknown: Секретные Уберы Прибыли В Москву!

New Delhi:
First two rides, up to Rs.500 each, are free, using promo code UberDelhiLaunch; expiration unknown: Uber Has Officially Launched In New Delhi

New York City (NYC):
$100 credit for referring a new DRIVER to the uberX, UberBLACK, or UberSUV products. Credit earned after new driver completes 20 trips. Uber NYC: Driver Referral Program

Phoenix:
$1000 in credit when you refer a new employee for the Community Manager or Operations Manager roles in Phoenix, expires 3/1/2014: Are You Uber? We Want You To Join Our PHX Team!
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

expired.

Last edited by sonofzeus; Apr 25, 2013 at 4:15 pm
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Didn't got it. There was some free ride promotion that is over? Or am I missing something?

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
$20 Uber Credit to Nordstrom Only!!

Valid this Fri-Sun only for a one-way ride to Nordstrom's Anniversary sale or back home (or any destination in it's vicinity).

Use Promo Code "Nordstrom" for New Uber Users ONLY.

Use Promo Code "NSale" for existing users to get 10% off (up to $5).
Old Dec 23, 2013, 12:38 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC

NOTE: This offer is expired. Please see the Wiki at the top of this thread for current offers!

Alaska Airlines is sponsoring free trips to SEA on Dec 23 and Dec 24:

ALL OF THE MERRY DETAILS:

1. Open your Uber app on December 23rd or 24th
2. Request your ride TO Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
3. Hop out at the airport knowing that your pals at Alaska Airlines have taken care of that fare up to $50! HOORAY!
http://blog.uber.com/UberSEAgift

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Dec 30, 2013 at 6:47 pm
Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:05 pm

Oh the joys of a fare war
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:01 pm

I've added a ton of recent promos to the wiki, in cities across the world.

There's no good way for me to test these, so please update the wiki as you try them!
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:46 pm

Thanks! I really hope this thread thrives. Uber is such an amazing service, and I'm really surprised we've never had a thread like this for Uber.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:56 pm

I suppose I should mention, for the record, that although I do not officially speak for Uber in any way, I do have a financial stake in the success of the company.

(But, I assure you all, it's not nearly enough to make it worthwhile to put together that long of a wiki. )
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Thanks. Great experiences with Uber on NYE. Hailo tends to be cheaper, but is limited to just intra-DC travel.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:25 pm

Here's another code:
UBERTPG20 gives 20% off 1 ride; this works for new or existing customers.

Expires Jan. 13.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Here's another code:
UBERTPG20 gives 20% off 1 ride; this works for new or existing customers.

Expires Jan. 13.
Added to the Wiki. Source is ThePointsGuy blog. (Please cite sources when possible)

Also, all new member referrals are doubled to $20 until Jan 20.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:40 am

I read about OCHOLIDAYS for $50 credit - supposedly limited to Orange County -- but some person reported it worked in SF.

If someone else can confirm. It expires 1/31/14
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Question Beijing TWOV questions

removed

Last edited by User Name; Jan 14, 2014 at 9:12 am Reason: Aaargh - too many tabs open!!!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA
Supposedly this month is Uber's slowest season in their experience (if you consider that they've only been around for a couple of years)--so that's why there's all the doubled referral fees, the offer on TPG's blog that was open to existing customers in addition to new ones (first one of those offers I've seen for awhile from Uber) AND they just cut their UberX prices in about 10 more markets in a bid to fill more of the cars they've got on the road.

All of this is good for the informed consumer.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Free Uber Rides (up to $20) in Rhode Island 1/24 and 1/25

Uber, the uber-popular car service app, will be offering up to three free rides, at a maximum of $20 per ride, to any and everyone in Rhode Island between now and 6pm on Saturday. Yes, you read that right. Free rides. For everyone.

The company recently expanded into Rhode Island, and it's been known for making a big splash when it enters a new market. They once offered free rides to all of Brooklyn for the weekend. For those who aren't familiar, the service uses a mobile app to connect people in need of a ride with Uber drivers in their area. You can request a ride anytime from anywhere, and you don't need any cash – you pay for the ride through your Uber account. Needless to say it's become very popular very quickly with young urban dwellers and professionals.

Now the #RILOVESUBER promotion is on. Just sign up for Uber or download the app, request a ride, and the rest is on them. Of course, they expect high demand, so if you already know what you're doing this weekend you might want to start booking your rides now. And if you need somewhere to go with your free ride, your Uber receipt will get you discounts and bonuses at over a dozen Providence bars and restaurants, including The Avery, The Eddy, Hot Club, Vanity and even StyleWeek.

Find more info here, and get your free ride.

http://www.providenceonline.com/stor...s,blogs,dining

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.