Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

This company is deceiving and doesn`t pay out cashback as promised. They blame merchants, delete records from users profiles, and buy time with polite responses in hope that it will be forgotten.
I am one of their victims who is fed up with their b.s. and am going to file a class action case. I previously told them that I`d file a complaint with Attorney General. At that time, I saw their address listed in MA (in Boston area). Now, I can`t find that address (possibly removed from the web?).
In any event, please post their address and join me if you are the one who is in the same shoes.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:10 am

Programs: BA, DL, HA, etc
Originally Posted by Kat007
This company is deceiving and doesn`t pay out cashback as promised. They blame merchants, delete records from users profiles, and buy time with polite responses in hope that it will be forgotten.
I am one of their victims who is fed up with their b.s. and am going to file a class action case. I previously told them that I`d file a complaint with Attorney General. At that time, I saw their address listed in MA (in Boston area). Now, I can`t find that address (possibly removed from the web?).
In any event, please post their address and join me if you are the one who is in the same shoes.
If you are talking about TopCashBack dot com, then you are looking in the wrong country:

Administrative Contact:
Ragg, Oliver [email protected]
Lion Buildings
8 Market Place
Uttoxeter, Staffordshire ST148EU
GB
07949 640858 Fax: 07949 640858

---

TopCashBack.com

3422 Old Capitol Trail #1701
Wilmington, DE 19808

---

Last edited by Lavarock7; Jun 15, 2013 at 1:22 am
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lavarock7
If you are talking about TopCashBack dot com, then you are looking in the wrong country:

TopCashBack.com

3422 Old Capitol Trail #1701
Wilmington, DE 19808

---
They have both UK and US sites, UK people have tons of complaints about them as well. The address you provided is the one I used for BBB complaint, but they also have MA address. They also known as MediaNet Systems Ltd.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:02 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ

I fully agree. My family members and myself collected in total several hundred pounds and then, when I asked for payment to my Paypal account, they froze my TopCashBack account. No answer whatosver from their side. I fully agree with you, this company is FRAUD!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have had three transactions with this company and only had issues. Others report fine service. All I know is I won't dare pass my referral link to my readers.

I have only had positive experiences with ebates. They may not pay as much but, darn it, all transactions register automatically and they pay regularly and, most importantly, they never wasted my time tracking down money owed to me!!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:09 pm
m27

I've had over Ł900 paid out in total over several years, I've made manual claims and most went through but not all. I would not say they were a scam at all. I use them whenever possible and am really happy with their service.

If you are having problems with transactions tracking, do you clear your cookies and cache each time and disable any Ad-block software etc. I use Firefox for all my cashback transactions and disable ....... plus each time.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m27

If you are having problems with transactions tracking, do you clear your cookies and cache each time and disable any Ad-block software etc. I use Firefox for all my cashback transactions and disable ....... plus each time.
The clicks are recorded, so it`s not a browser issue. Moreover, it`s not cookie and cache who lies constantly, it is TCB.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I have had three transactions with this company and only had issues. Others report fine service. All I know is I won't dare pass my referral link to my readers.

I have only had positive experiences with ebates. They may not pay as much but, darn it, all transactions register automatically and they pay regularly and, most importantly, they never wasted my time tracking down money owed to me!!
I wonder how many real people report fine service with TCB. Those crooks are notorious for writing positive reviews about themselves.

I agree-ebates is a reputable company, and now they even post the amount right away if there is a problem. Mr Rebates is very good to me, too, had some issues in the past, but they fixed it quickly, and I haven`t had any issues with them for a few years now.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:26 pm
m27

The clicks are recorded, so it`s not a browser issue. Moreover, it`s not cookie and cache who lies constantly, it is TCB.
That is suspicious then as your transactions had tracked, I've only had that 2 or 3 times out of at least 150 tracked transactions, one was a mobile company and the other was Argos. My Emirate's transaction failed to track a couple of years ago so I put in a manual claim and it was paid out fine.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Here is DE Attorney General link with instruction on how to file a complaint. It clearly covers deceptive practices by TopCashBack aka MediaNet Systems Ltd:
http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...omplaint.shtml
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m27
That is suspicious then as your transactions had tracked.
Absolutely. Others report that TCB freezes accounts for no reason after months of wait or remover all tracking details from accounts (screenshots should be used for everything related to this fraudulent company.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:12 pm

Agree. TCB is a fraud company. I have never got cashback without complaining about it multiple times. Even then they don't always pay up. I will stick to using Mr. Rebates and Ebates.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
huh, this is a fine company in my books. They paid me > $500 in the past year and no issues whatsoever when requesting payments.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: MUCCI
I have no real direct experience with their USA site (at .com), however their UK site at .co.uk I have a happy relationship with.

I've only had 1 big transaction fail to track, yes some little ones, however I've also got many many hundreds, indeed if not thousands, of pounds of cashback paid out from them.

Keep in mind the industry that this relies upon, the web marketing/advertising industry, is notorious for changing deals at very short notice, cutting rates to zero, etc.

When the advertising is being placed on general sites, this doesn't affect anyone other than the sites - who see their income cut without notice! Indeed, you could say, it is part of a MERCHANT / add network tactic to reduce the amount they pay out.
When it comes to cashback sites, that are onward paying the commission, then it causes a problem.

I have no reason to doubt that TCB are paying on what they promise every time they receive it. And I have every reason to believe they want as high a percentage of successful tracking as is possible.

The question is simply what happens when it fails to track and/or they fail to get paid. I would not want a structure where they pay out themselves in that situation. It would require them to work on much higher margins, and pay less cashback normally.

If I bought a deal which was advertised with a special specific cashback deal, and that had influenced my decision, then I would potentially complain to the merchant, this is after all a form of their advertising. They can sort it out between them doing a charge back if need be.

However, it would need to be a very specific cashback deal. For general day to day cashback, it would certainly be the universal rule: Never rely upon cashback, it is not guaranteed.

That said, I do have a happy and profitable experience with them.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
I have found it strange that when I attempted to do a PayPal payment, TCB prohibited it citing "the merchant you purchased from won't allow us to do a PayPal payment" --- the funny thing is that I've had no problem using another portal, Mr. Rebates, and when I purchased a product through the same merchant through Mr. Rebates vs. TCB, Mr. Rebates doesn't have this "merchant requirement", and PayPal works just fine with that merchant.

When I asked for specifics as to why the merchant supposedly prohibited PayPal payments using TCB, I was fed the same line of the merchant you purchased from won't allow us to do a PayPal payment" with no further explanation provided.

That to me is VERY fishy.

For that merchant, I was able to do a direct deposit with TCB for my cash back, but was a little concerned sharing my bank account number and routing number with TCB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.