Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TopCashbackUSA
Hi Kat007,

I haven't received a message from you at [email protected]. Until I do, I'm afraid I can't take a look at your account.

Many thanks,
TopCashback
I keep steady communication with you, John, via TCB website. I ask about the money, and you keep saying sorry, can`t do anything about it, wait for months or longer.

It is not right to credit correctly only to those who promote you in their blogs and those who email you "on the side". It is very fishy to have practice such as yours. I am not special and will continue to contact you via your designated procedure and will continue to prove the world that TopCashback is a total scam. I will get my money via legal actions against TCB anyways.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:37 pm

I've earned about $250 and received $150. The other $100 is too soon to be paid (in the pending or confirmed stage). I've used 10 retailers and probably made 25 purchases. 2 did not go through automatically but were fixed by filing a missing cashback claim. I use the US site, and yes it can take a very long time especially with a missing cashback claim. I hope I don't run into the problems reported here.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Here is the perfect explanation of the scam scheme by one of the FF, uncommonsensical, from this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...nges-fees.html
on how TopCashBack operates:

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical

TCB is, frankly, the perfect scam.

1. Start out reliable enough to garner positive attention. get publicity to validate the scam under the rather laughable guise that they make their money off banner ads and pay out 100% (anyone EVER click on one of their sidebar ads? uhh... NO).

Seriously, does ANYONE really believe their business model is to pay out 100% cash back (or anywhere near this amount)? seriously...

2. Create a 'trouble ticket' mechanism to give the appearance that you 'investigate' 'missing' cash back. Resolve some of these to keep up appearances, but let the rest whither an die- as intended/as per business plan.

2. Get critical mass then recruit the bloggers. Create MANY accounts on message boards to have favourable comments. MAKE SURE blogger accounts get paid!

3. Create one day special pay out deals to really suck everyone in. MAKE SURE the blogger accounts get paid.

4. Collect cash and marvel at the combined stupidity of the masses/laugh all the way to the bank.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 3:44 pm

To play devil's advocate, is it possible their business strategy is to build a user base to become attractive for a larger company to buy them out? Paying a high cashback could be a short-term losing strategy but long-term winner. Just a thought.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
To those not getting credited, my best guess would be either (a) you went directly to the retailer's site, saw something you like, then visited the site through TCB's links or (b) you went to the retailer's site from another site (like a deal blog that has an affiliate agreement with the retailer) then visited the site through TCB's link. My understanding is that if either (a) or (b) is true, you cannot get paid because the retailer does not consider TCB the affiliate referral. So TCB does not get paid, and therefore you cannot.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Thumbs down

Hi everyone,

Thank you for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems using TopCashback- I'll do my best to answer some of your queries.

Firstly, let me say that we definitely aren't a scam and we have many satisfied members. Problems can occur from time to time, but the vast majority of transactions track and are paid without issue. We pass on 100% of the cashback we get from the merchant which is why you see such great rates on the site! We are dependent on receiving the cashback from the merchant, however, which can sometimes mean that cashback can take time to progress and claims can take a while to investigate.

We don't make any guarantees, but cashback generally takes 2-3 months to become payable. Where a transaction fails to track, which is comparatively rare, we investigate this with the merchant and we do work hard to resolve the problem although we don't generally post an update on a claim until we have a resolution. We are required to submit these in batches every few weeks and again, we expect these to be resolved within 2-3 months. If you find that it takes longer than this, please submit a support ticket. This will be answered within a few days and an update will be provided on your claim.

Kat007, can you email [email protected] so that I can access your account and have a look into your claim? MCLab is correct here- a record of a click simply means that you have clicked our link, the tracking process is much more complicated and relates to cookies placed on the merchant's site.

Max M, when the PayPal payment option is restricted, this is usually due to a merchant’s request that we only pay by direct deposit. In rare cases, we will take the decision to restrict the PayPal option too, if see that some members are abusing the terms and conditions of the offer. Requiring a direct deposit as payment means that we can be sure that the member hasn’t created multiple TopCashback accounts. It is sad that this is the case, but we do have to take this action on occasion. Where PayPal isn’t available, we will always make a note on the merchant’s page.
If anyone would like a specific update on their account please either submit a support ticket or get in touch via [email protected] and we will be happy to help.

Best wishes,
TopCashback

Yes, suuuuureee.... All is good? - Not at all!

I repeat: TopCashBack is a SCAM!

I had some contacts with ["Carl" <[email protected]>] but he did not want to un-lock my account! A letter to TopCashBack USA was not helpful either. I did not even get an answer from the US team!

And you are saying that everything is good?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by carstentheman
Can confirm not a scam - at least the .co.uk version is not!
ESPECIALLY the UK version is a big SCAM! They let you collect the money but freeze your account once you want to have the money paid!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DallasEsq
To those not getting credited, my best guess would be either (a) you went directly to the retailer's site, saw something you like, then visited the site through TCB's links or (b) you went to the retailer's site from another site (like a deal blog that has an affiliate agreement with the retailer) then visited the site through TCB's link. My understanding is that if either (a) or (b) is true, you cannot get paid because the retailer does not consider TCB the affiliate referral. So TCB does not get paid, and therefore you cannot.
You are not following. Neither a or b are not in the context here. The users who didn`t get paid, got their account frozen, etc are not stupid (only to extent in being naive and using TCB scheme) and are very familiar with what to do and what to expect from sites which get paid for referrals. I personally have been using MrRebates, eBates, and Mypoints for a long time. They don`t let me and other users down, as their models designed to benefit buyers and are trustworthy.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:29 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
took me awhile & I had to send reminders that the timelines they gave were overdue but I did get my $ from approx 9 transactions.

So in my case not an outright fraud but I did have to work much too hard for my rebates to be credited.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rrgg
To play devil's advocate, is it possible their business strategy is to build a user base to become attractive for a larger company to buy them out? Paying a high cashback could be a short-term losing strategy but long-term winner. Just a thought.
Who would want to buy them out? Would you? In this business, trust is everything, and TCB is clearly does not have much of it left. As previously said, they all start fresh and clean, but some don`t plan to stay that way from the beginning, that`s their "business" strategy. As a result, we got TCB.

Usually, scumbags such as TCB reflag/rename their business after they realize there is no more fresh blood out there. They are moving their physical locations in the US frequently already, didn`t get to the bottom of the reason yet, but I am positive it has something to do with their scam strategy.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
took me awhile & I had to send reminders that the timelines they gave were overdue but I did get my $ from approx 9 transactions.

So in my case not an outright fraud but I did have to work much too hard for my rebates to be credited.
My guess is that (especially) those of us with larger amounts get the accounts frozen for some silly reasons!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
took me awhile & I had to send reminders that the timelines they gave were overdue
I got a response from them to wait "months or even longer" literally. I guess at the time you sent them reminders they had some timelines they were somewhat following. Nowadays, with frequent promos for high % and not paying to majority of users, I am afraid they are running away with the money.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Original response [in full] from TCBUSA to Max M:

Max M, when the PayPal payment option is restricted, this is usually due to a merchant’s request that we only pay by direct deposit. In rare cases, we will take the decision to restrict the PayPal option too, if see that some members are abusing the terms and conditions of the offer. Requiring a direct deposit as payment means that we can be sure that the member hasn’t created multiple TopCashback accounts. It is sad that this is the case, but we do have to take this action on occasion. Where PayPal isn’t available, we will always make a note on the merchant’s page.
------------------------------------------------------------
Max M's responses to TCBUSA's statements:

In rare cases, we will take the decision to restrict the PayPal option too, if see that some members are abusing the terms and conditions of the offer.
I hope that's not an implication that my family members have been abusing the terms and conditions of an offer. Since we all have experienced the same Direct Deposit requirement. Cashback sites such as Mr. Rebates and Fatwallet do not impose the Direct Deposit requirement when buying from the same merchants. Then again, the language as to what exactly classifies as abusing a cash back offer is very unclear language.

Where PayPal isn’t available, we will always make a note on the merchant’s page.
Perhaps this is something new, as when purchases were made from Walgreens for my wife there was no clear disclaimer, as of her most recent purchase from Walgreens in April 2013.

Where PayPal isn’t available, we will always make a note on the merchant’s page.
Again, this must be a new policy. As this was never the case for my mom's purchases from PlasticJungle [while there were in busines] as there was no mention/disclaimer that it was a PayPal restriction. She made well over $1000 in purchases using TCB for the PlasticJungle purchases, and did not receive proper cashback for these purchases. [all browsers caches were cleared, cookies removed prior to starting the purchase at TCB]
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
some of my cheapticket bookings were under credited. Emailed them twice 1 month ago and no reply at all
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: vi, PuTTY, XFE
Originally Posted by Kat007
I keep steady communication with you, John, via TCB website. I ask about the money, and you keep saying sorry, can`t do anything about it, wait for months or longer.
The directions were to send an e-mail.

Kat007, can you email [email protected] so that I can access your account and have a look into your claim?
Hi Kat007,

I haven't received a message from you at [email protected]. Until I do, I'm afraid I can't take a look at your account.
Did you send the e-mail?

If someone were offering to help me resolve my situation I'd at least provide them with the information to facilitate it.

Again regardless of any past experience you may have had in e-mailing. I don't think any of us have a clue who TopCashbackUSA is. I'm sure a moderator could establish an identity of TopCashbackUSA if necessary.

You seem to be certain TopCashbackUSA is a specific individual you've dealt with before. No idea if it's accurate or not.

But then again, you were also certain I'm a TopCashback representative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.