Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

TopCashBack: Discussion, No Referrals

Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 513263337
I have used them and they have been just fine for me. Transactions do post. I make sure I clean cache every time I use them to link to the merchant site. And they have made payments to my paypal whenever I requested. No issues.
glad others are also reporting no issues. I was getting worried
Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:15 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
They'll learn that they can't hide behind lax UK consumer protection laws.
Such as?

TCB UK is fine, and can be completely anonymous if you cash out into Amazon vouchers...

I haven't heard many good things about the US site though.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:26 pm

I had three large transactions for GC's last spring. Even tho the tracking tickets appeared, I never received anything. They completely IGNORED all my inquiries. Would be happy to join a suit. I'm in California.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
I had three large transactions for GC's last spring. Even tho the tracking tickets appeared, I never received anything. They completely IGNORED all my inquiries. Would be happy to join a suit. I'm in California.
I can't even find their BBB page.

How do we start a class action? What is the process?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
I dont understand why these cashback companies do not send an email every time we connect to a site. Or at least give us the option to enable email receipts. It is easy and can be logged.

I have complained about this company even to one of my favorite bloggers. I'd rather do business with UR mall.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by Max M
I have found it strange that when I attempted to do a PayPal payment, TCB prohibited it citing "the merchant you purchased from won't allow us to do a PayPal payment" --- the funny thing is that I've had no problem using another portal, Mr. Rebates, and when I purchased a product through the same merchant through Mr. Rebates vs. TCB, Mr. Rebates doesn't have this "merchant requirement", and PayPal works just fine with that merchant.
Maybe the merchants don't trust them either?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by lacuadra
I dont understand why these cashback companies do not send an email every time we connect to a site. Or at least give us the option to enable email receipts. It is easy and can be logged.

I have complained about this company even to one of my favorite bloggers. I'd rather do business with UR mall.

One of the "niche" bloggers? What did he say?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:52 pm

I also did not receive the payout.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
Yeah, had about $2000+ in purchases using Plastic Jungle going via TCB, click throughs were there, but not a cent in cashback received.

Prior to visiting TCB, closed all browsers, cleared cookies, cleared history.

My dad has used TCB for a $1800+ Groupon purchase back in February 2013, and filed a customer service ticket. Still nothing. [He used the same protocol as well] No email from TCB "customer service"- no response to his support ticket---nothing.

My wife used TCB for a $1200+ Groupon purchase in April 2013, and and filed a customer service ticket. [She used the same protocol as I to ensure proper crediting] No email from TCB "customer service"--no response to her support ticket---nothing.

So that would make 3 more people interested in filing a class action suit.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by SeriouslyLost
Maybe the merchants don't trust them either?
Seriously! :P
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by guoguo914
One of the "niche" bloggers? What did he say?
I'm guessing that "Guy" is the same one that always says "TopCashback.com is the USA’s most generous cashback rebates website as it gives you the FULL commission rate it’s paid by its 2,400 merchants – 100% of it – back as a cashback rebate; not just ‘a share’ like other cashback portals."

Perhaps someone should inform this "Guy" that TCB doesn't always pay the most.

A simple visit to CashBack Holic will show which cashback portal site truly pays the most with each merchant. [it varies from store to store, and frequently TCB isn't paying the most]
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Max M
A simple visit to CashBack Holic will show which cashback portal site truly pays the most with each merchant. [it varies from store to store, and frequently TCB isn't paying the most]

TCB, as much as I would criticize its practice, though, does offer Highest Cashback Guarantee. It's like BRG claim in the hotel world.

I had bitter experience overall with TCB cashback but interestingly I had great experience with Highest Cashback Guarantee claims: made three claims, all on Staples (matched to upromise's 5.5%), got approved in one day.

The sad thing is, they just don't track every order before you can make HCG claim..
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
TCB not a "TOTAL" scam,
sure... like all these games we choose to play,
they can be difficult.

For me... they pay off about as well as other sites.
I used them for Radisson bookings last year...
and it was "almost" worth the hassle...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:48 am

TopCashback

Hi everyone,

Thank you for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems using TopCashback- I'll do my best to answer some of your queries.

Firstly, let me say that we definitely aren't a scam and we have many satisfied members. Problems can occur from time to time, but the vast majority of transactions track and are paid without issue. We pass on 100% of the cashback we get from the merchant which is why you see such great rates on the site! We are dependent on receiving the cashback from the merchant, however, which can sometimes mean that cashback can take time to progress and claims can take a while to investigate.

We don't make any guarantees, but cashback generally takes 2-3 months to become payable. Where a transaction fails to track, which is comparatively rare, we investigate this with the merchant and we do work hard to resolve the problem although we don't generally post an update on a claim until we have a resolution. We are required to submit these in batches every few weeks and again, we expect these to be resolved within 2-3 months. If you find that it takes longer than this, please submit a support ticket. This will be answered within a few days and an update will be provided on your claim.

Kat007, can you email [email protected] so that I can access your account and have a look into your claim? MCLab is correct here- a record of a click simply means that you have clicked our link, the tracking process is much more complicated and relates to cookies placed on the merchant's site.

Max M, when the PayPal payment option is restricted, this is usually due to a merchant’s request that we only pay by direct deposit. In rare cases, we will take the decision to restrict the PayPal option too, if see that some members are abusing the terms and conditions of the offer. Requiring a direct deposit as payment means that we can be sure that the member hasn’t created multiple TopCashback accounts. It is sad that this is the case, but we do have to take this action on occasion. Where PayPal isn’t available, we will always make a note on the merchant’s page.
If anyone would like a specific update on their account please either submit a support ticket or get in touch via [email protected] and we will be happy to help.

Best wishes,
TopCashback
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
TCB,

Thanks for replying.

I'd say 2/3 of my transactions on TCB track. The other third don't, and I've had mixed success getting them credited. I've started taking screen shots of every step, just in case.

My "go-to" programs are Mr. Rebates and Big Crumbs. I'll do those sites even over a higher paying site, assuming the difference is not particularly great.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.