FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Swagbucks [General Questions - no referrals] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1406930-swagbucks-general-questions-no-referrals.html)

twoner32 Jun 1, 2009 7:21 pm

Swagbucks [General Questions - no referrals]

When redeeming gift certs online from Swagbucks, like at Target and Amazon, can you use more then one?

I have 641 Swagbucks and would like to buy several gift card codes...

MileageAddict Jun 1, 2009 7:24 pm

How did you manage to get so many Swagbucks? I'm only at 20 and losing interest quickly.... :confused:

twoner32 Jun 1, 2009 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 11840612)
How did you manage to get so many Swagbucks? I'm only at 20 and losing interest quickly.... :confused:

I have about 250 from referrals, about 200 from sending them old video games and 150 from searches. The most I've ever gotten from a simple search is 20, mostly 2 and 3. I guess I am on the net a lot, maybe too much.:p

msv Jun 2, 2009 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by twoner32 (Post 11840601)
When redeeming gift certs online from Swagbucks, like at Target and Amazon, can you use more then one?

I have 641 Swagbucks and would like to buy several gift card codes...

You can redeem them individually (45/$5) and then add them to your Amazon account so the total amount you have to spend would keep growing. I earn a $5 gift card every 3 weeks or so, unfortunately, the conga line really failed for me because my person lost interest really fast. I do get a swagcode almost every day though. I'm really enjoying the iPOD downloads!

pgary Jun 2, 2009 5:48 pm

I have been redeeming my 1952 Swagbucks for Amazon cards immediatly as I get enough Swagbucks, and then redeeming the cards on Amazon as soon as they post. I do this because I trust Amazon to last longer than Swagbucks. Amazon has an amazing variety of merchandise for sale. I have trained my self to look there first for anything I want to buy that can be shipped.

Before you ask, the 1952 Swabucks came mostly from referrals from my website.

My Swagbucks referral link is http://swagbucks.com/refer/pgary

Cornroaster Feb 28, 2010 9:40 am

The $5 Amazon Gift Card or ECertificate (now priced at 450 Swagbucks) is a better buy than the $50 choices now priced at 5900 Swagbucks. Is there any problem with using either multiple Gift Cards or ECertificates on a single purchase? Between y wife and myself, we have enough Swagbucks to get about $125 of the $5 cards or certificates which we would like to use on a single purchase, but don't know whether it would be a problem to use that many different card/cert #s on one purchase. Has anyone been able to do this in the past? Would there be a problem with using cards/certs issued on different Swagbuck accounts for a single Amazon Purchase? Any information or similar past experience would be appreciated.

msv Feb 28, 2010 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Cornroaster (Post 13481357)
The $5 Amazon Gift Card or ECertificate (now priced at 450 Swagbucks) is a better buy than the $50 choices now priced at 5900 Swagbucks. Is there any problem with using either multiple Gift Cards or ECertificates on a single purchase? Between y wife and myself, we have enough Swagbucks to get about $125 of the $5 cards or certificates which we would like to use on a single purchase, but don't know whether it would be a problem to use that many different card/cert #s on one purchase. Has anyone been able to do this in the past? Would there be a problem with using cards/certs issued on different Swagbuck accounts for a single Amazon Purchase? Any information or similar past experience would be appreciated.

I always get the $5 Amazon cards individually and add them to my amazon account. It doesn't know where the number came from so you could add a husband and wife's winnings together. I think there may be a limit as to how many redemptions/month (as I recall 3 for the Amazon cards) so you may want to do it both today and tomorrow.

HCA Feb 28, 2010 10:08 am

I always use $5 Amazon for Swagbuck Redemption.

The new value change made me excited for 30 secs (saw 10 Swagbucks instead of 1)...

Cornroaster Feb 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by msv (Post 13481436)
I always get the $5 Amazon cards individually and add them to my amazon account. It doesn't know where the number came from so you could add a husband and wife's winnings together. I think there may be a limit as to how many redemptions/month (as I recall 3 for the Amazon cards) so you may want to do it both today and tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. There apparently is a limit of 2 redemptions per day, which I found when I tried to redeem 3 cards today as you suggested. I will have more to say about the possible limit of 3 cards per month in a couple of days.

NYCFlyGirl Feb 28, 2010 3:17 pm

According to the FAQ:

Members are limited to redeeming two prizes per day, and limited to 5 of any individual item per month.

lhart24 Feb 28, 2010 3:44 pm

I have hit the 5 gift card threshold before and I too save for only the amazon gift cards. The swagbucks that I was going to use for the 6th gift card, I just carried over to the next month. There are shorter months (ie Feb), so usually overall it seems to balance out at some point. I have never had to carry a balance for 2 consecutive months.

Cornroaster Aug 13, 2010 9:27 pm

Swagbucks now has a Travelocity Hotel $25 gift card available for only 349 swagbucks. This appears to be a much better deal than the $5 Amazon card. Does anyone know if these will have a "use by" date?

"APPLICABLE TO HOTELS ONLY. LIMIT ONE CODE PER RESERVATION. VALID ONLY FOR BOOKINGS WITH A MINIMUM TWO (2) NIGHT STAY AND A MINIMUM PURCHASE OF $150.00 BEFORE TAXES."

beachmouse Nov 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Swagbucks

For those times when there's something interesting with the program that has nothing to do with SB Codes or Congas.

1. They've now got Marriott GCs listed as a $25/$50/$100 reward for the usual redemption rates, though I'm not sure how long that will last.

2. Of course this is just after I cashed out for $300 of Southwest GCs, and I probably would have rather had the Marriott GCs.

crabbing Nov 15, 2012 4:29 am

tips for getting free swagbucks:

1. search regularly. you can usually get 7-10 SB by searching, although you sometimes have to dig through to page 5-10 in the results to get the points. don't click through too quickly. it is possible to get more points from searching after a few hours. don't wait too long to enter the three-letter, all caps, capture code.

2. the daily poll is worth 1 sb. instant.

3. NOSO gives 2 sb after you click through 2-5 screens. always click "see next offer." if you configure ....... properly, that will be all you see and you don't even have to worry about the ad (doesn't block the disney and diabetes ads though).

4. games gives 2 sb for "playing" 2 games, for a max of 10 sb/day. click on the game, click "play for free," and then go do something else for a minute or two. repeat with another game.

5. videos are worth 3 sb for "watching" 10. i rarely do this, since the video has to play all the way through, the flash player consumes a lot of memory (at least when i use firefox), ....... sometimes blocks the video entirely, and the sound is difficult to reduce. too much effort for so few points.

6. special codes, typically worth 3-8 sb, are often circulated daily or near-daily. subscribe to this thread to get email notification of new codes. act quickly because the codes sometimes expire fast.

7. you can get 10 sb for each coupon you print and redeem. note that some of the "coupons" say "click for offer" without giving you a coupon to print - these clickthroughs do not give any sb.

8. you can get various amounts of sb for surveys, tasks, purchases, and other activity. unlike mypoints or e-rewards, you get no sb if you fail to qualify for a survey. i personally don't view these as worth the time, effort, or money.

beachmouse Nov 15, 2012 8:43 am

Some of the surveys like the Peanut Labs ones will give frequently you one swagbuck for a fail to qualify survey. And with a number of the PL ones, it's a case of clicking the link, PL checks your stored demographic info, and kicks you out with your one swagbuck without you doing anything else after the first click. (The 24point surveys seem to be most likely to end up doing this for me.)