Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Swagbucks [General Questions - no referrals]

Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crabbing
tips for getting free swagbucks:

subscribe to this thread to receive updates on when codes are available for free SBs. you can also check the widget. redeem codes by hovering your mouse over the "swag code" icon on the upper right hand side of the swagbucks home page, or by entering the code on the left hand side of the account summary page. note that some codes can be used by everyone, and some codes are unique to each user. the codes are also case sensitive, and copying&pasting sometimes adds a space at the end of the code, which may cause the code to be rejected.

search regularly. you can usually get 7-10 SB by searching, although you sometimes have to dig through to page 5-10 in the results to get the points. don't click through too quickly - it sometimes helps to wait a few minutes before going to the next page of search results. it is possible to get more points by searching again, after a few hours. don't wait too long to enter the three-letter, all caps, capture code.

the daily poll is worth 1 sb.

NOSO gives 2 sb after you click through 2-5 screens. always click "see next offer." if you configure ....... properly, that will be all you see and you don't even have to worry about the ad (doesn't block the disney and diabetes ads though).

games gives 2 sb for "playing" games, for a max of 10 sb/day. click on the game, click "play for free," and then go do something else for a minute or two (best to do this with the sound off). repeat with another game.

videos are worth 3 sb for "watching" 10 videos. the video might* still count, even if the page is minimized or in the background behind other pages or programs. note that the video has to play all the way through, the flash player consumes a lot of memory, ....... sometimes blocks the video entirely, and the sound is difficult to reduce. *more recently, i think SB may have coded their videos so they only place in the active window with the mouse on the page, meaning that you can't do something else while the video is playing.

you can get 10 sb for each coupon you print and redeem. note that some of the "coupons" say "click for offer" without giving you a coupon to print - these clickthroughs do not give any sb. unlike most other SBs, it can take several weeks to get coupon credit. if your daycare or work has a "coupons for parents" envelope in a conspicuous place, diaper and cheerios coupons alone can net you 50 or more SB per week.

you can get various amounts of sb for surveys, tasks, purchases, and other activity. unlike mypoints or e-rewards, you get no sb if you fail to qualify for a survey.

SB also acts as a shopping portal. amazon gives you 3 sb/dollar, but only in certain categories (auto, shoes, and local). 1 sb/dollar is roughly equivalent to 1% cash back, assuming you redeem for amazon gift cards.
Print Wikipost

Swagbucks [General Questions - no referrals]

Old May 24, 2013, 10:59 pm

Just found where they put the "Hourly Random Winner" on Swagbucks. Was wondering if they got rid of it with the redesign a few months ago (February 25th post). But I wish it was back on the main page. Wish someone told me.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Earthlings
Just found where they put the "Hourly Random Winner" on Swagbucks. Was wondering if they got rid of it with the redesign a few months ago (February 25th post). But I wish it was back on the main page. Wish someone told me.
If anyone is wondering where it is, they now have it on the right side of the page in the blog.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I redeemed 1000 SB last Friday for a Starbucks GC, verified the redemption via email like normal, and was figuring it would take a week to get the GC as it has previously (this would have been the 5th GC I got from them).

However, today I found out that they'd refunded my SBs, without any explanation. When I went to redeem for the GC again, this time I was told I had to do a 1-time verification of my account, either by text message or by mail. I chose mail, as I didn't want to give them my phone # (and they already had my address). What a pain.

Is this something that everyone is having to do? Why now, after 4 smooth redemptions .... tls
Old Jun 18, 2013, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark
I redeemed 1000 SB last Friday for a Starbucks GC, verified the redemption via email like normal, and was figuring it would take a week to get the GC as it has previously (this would have been the 5th GC I got from them).

However, today I found out that they'd refunded my SBs, without any explanation. When I went to redeem for the GC again, this time I was told I had to do a 1-time verification of my account, either by text message or by mail. I chose mail, as I didn't want to give them my phone # (and they already had my address). What a pain.

Is this something that everyone is having to do? Why now, after 4 smooth redemptions .... tls
My guess is that for some reason, it didn't take your verification.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The text or postcard verification is different than the e-mail verifying you did indeem redeem for a prize and something that everything who sticks with the program will generally eventually have to do- some sort of fraud prevention deal. IIRC, I hit it on about redemption #4 from them.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Beachmouse was correct. I got the post card, verified my account (I guess that's what you'd call it), and then re-redeemed for the same gift (Starbucks GC), and got it. It all went pretty smoothly.

Since that redemption, I earned enough for another Starbucks GC, and redeemed for that, verifying it on the same day. That was 2 weeks ago, and it still hasn't come through. All my prior redemptions took 6-8 days, but now we're at 14 (only 9 of which are business days, given July 4). The order status say it can take 10 business days to get the GC. Probably I will wait another couple days before conacting them. A pain. Wonder what the deal is with this one. tls
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:49 am

Got the GC today. Somehow I figured that as soon as I posted about not having it, I'd have it .... tls
Old Aug 2, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
There is now a Swagbucks-branded credit card. If you want a good laugh, check out how awful the sign up offer is- $35 for $1k spend in the first six months. They've already been ripping on this one at SD.

Earn 1.25 Swag Bucks points per Dollar on every purchase.†

First Usage Bonus: Get 1,000 Swag Bucks points after using your card or transferring a balance within the first 3 billing cycles after your account is opened!†

Extra Bonus Reward: Earn an additional 2,500 Swag Bucks points when you spend $1000 within the first 6 billing cycles after your account is opened†

Redeem your Swag Bucks points for a gift card, or the Reward of your choice
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:58 pm

Swagbucks hasn't credited my coupons I have redeemed in more than 7 or 8 months. I used them, bought them, the stores took them, and nothing. No 10 SBs. Did they stop crediting them? They still say on the coupon page that you get 10 SB for every coupon you redeem at your local grocery store. And yes its been longer than 12 weeks.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Earthlings
Swagbucks hasn't credited my coupons I have redeemed in more than 7 or 8 months. I used them, bought them, the stores took them, and nothing. No 10 SBs. Did they stop crediting them? They still say on the coupon page that you get 10 SB for every coupon you redeem at your local grocery store. And yes its been longer than 12 weeks.
I've found Swagbucks doesn't credit for coupons for ages. I prefer MyPoints for coupons, because those seem to credit pretty regularly.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Originally Posted by beachmouse
There is now a Swagbucks-branded credit card. If you want a good laugh, check out how awful the sign up offer is- $35 for $1k spend in the first six months. They've already been ripping on this one at SD.
Any card that offers free cash or points just for signing up for it and spending on it is not a bad deal. Of course it's not as lucrative as the 100,000 Mile sign-up bonuses like the AAVantage card by Citi. I am willing to bet that most people that use Swagbucks are either lower income folks, young adults (even kids) and those looking to build credit, thus a card like this is probably a great "first" rewards card for those people....
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:24 am

You used to be able to click on your daily goal and see if you met that goal for each day of the month. However, since they went to 2 daily goals, I don't see that you can do that any more. You can click on the "Show My Winning Streak," but that only shows if you attained the streak or not. It does not show, for example, if you've hit your daily goal the last 5 days, and only need 2 more to get the 7 day bonus.

But maybe I'm missing something. Is there a way to see how you've done on your daily goals? thx tls
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:18 am

There's a little orange/red (I think) square thing that looks like a calendar symbol. You click on that and it will show you the whole month. Then you can click on individual days and see what you did that day. It is NOT more user friendly than the old one, if you ask me.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:33 am

Ah, yes, I had not noticed that; thanks so much! But I agree with you, that is not as user friendly as what they used to have. Another "enhancement" by a company that makes their product worse. tls
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:02 am

Does anyone know whether the 21 day winning streak needs to be earned in the same month? It doesn't mention that, so I'm assuming not, but wonder if there's any first hand experience out there. tls

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.