Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Swagbucks [General Questions - no referrals]

Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: crabbing
tips for getting free swagbucks:

subscribe to this thread to receive updates on when codes are available for free SBs. you can also check the widget. redeem codes by hovering your mouse over the "swag code" icon on the upper right hand side of the swagbucks home page, or by entering the code on the left hand side of the account summary page. note that some codes can be used by everyone, and some codes are unique to each user. the codes are also case sensitive, and copying&pasting sometimes adds a space at the end of the code, which may cause the code to be rejected.

search regularly. you can usually get 7-10 SB by searching, although you sometimes have to dig through to page 5-10 in the results to get the points. don't click through too quickly - it sometimes helps to wait a few minutes before going to the next page of search results. it is possible to get more points by searching again, after a few hours. don't wait too long to enter the three-letter, all caps, capture code.

the daily poll is worth 1 sb.

NOSO gives 2 sb after you click through 2-5 screens. always click "see next offer." if you configure ....... properly, that will be all you see and you don't even have to worry about the ad (doesn't block the disney and diabetes ads though).

games gives 2 sb for "playing" games, for a max of 10 sb/day. click on the game, click "play for free," and then go do something else for a minute or two (best to do this with the sound off). repeat with another game.

videos are worth 3 sb for "watching" 10 videos. the video might* still count, even if the page is minimized or in the background behind other pages or programs. note that the video has to play all the way through, the flash player consumes a lot of memory, ....... sometimes blocks the video entirely, and the sound is difficult to reduce. *more recently, i think SB may have coded their videos so they only place in the active window with the mouse on the page, meaning that you can't do something else while the video is playing.

you can get 10 sb for each coupon you print and redeem. note that some of the "coupons" say "click for offer" without giving you a coupon to print - these clickthroughs do not give any sb. unlike most other SBs, it can take several weeks to get coupon credit. if your daycare or work has a "coupons for parents" envelope in a conspicuous place, diaper and cheerios coupons alone can net you 50 or more SB per week.

you can get various amounts of sb for surveys, tasks, purchases, and other activity. unlike mypoints or e-rewards, you get no sb if you fail to qualify for a survey.

SB also acts as a shopping portal. amazon gives you 3 sb/dollar, but only in certain categories (auto, shoes, and local). 1 sb/dollar is roughly equivalent to 1% cash back, assuming you redeem for amazon gift cards.
Print Wikipost

Swagbucks [General Questions - no referrals]

Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Looking at the Starbucks rewards, most of them cost the same of amount of Swagbucks (SB) per $ provided on the Starbucks gift card (gc). In other words, it's 500 SB's for a $5 gc; 1000 SB's for a $10 gc, 2500 SB for a $25 gc; 5000 SB for a $50 gc, and 10000 for a $100 gc. There was no incentive to save up for the higher level award (unless you'd reached your max for that award).

However, for a while, they had a bit of a discount on the $25 gc. For a short time they required only a 2450 SB's for the $25 gc. It wasn't much of a discount, but it was better than nothing, so I was planning on saving for it. But the discount is gone now.

Do these things come and go? I have enough SB's for a $5 gc, and if the discount isn't likely to come back, I might as well just get the $5 gc. Thx tls
I've never saved up for awards, and redeem as soon as I hit the $5 level for Amazon.com gift cards. I figure that the potential for a discount on a higher level is countered by the potential for them to increase costs.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:49 pm
Original Member

The only time I use the higher denomination Amazon cards is when I have a large excess of Swagbucks over the 5 card/month limit. Else, the $5 cards are the best deal out there.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:11 pm

Well folks, I asked again why my AGCs were put under review, and today (strategically, with my 1400 points in the kitty, 2 GCs on order and a full month of Goal bonuses) received a note that my account has been deactivated for SBTV violation with third-party software or browser plug-ins. Hum. My recommendation is that you keep away from SBTV altogether, because if you actually USE it, they will make up some reason to not grant you your hard earned points. It was was fun guys, but these people are downright scummy.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, IHG Gold, AAdvantage. DL Skymiles
I'm going straight for the $25 pay pal certs. I figure I can get one a month if I keep at it, especially if my turn ever comes up on the referral conga thread.
Old May 6, 2013, 5:20 pm

In the swagbucks reward store, which gift cards come in the mail and not e gift cards that come through email?
Old May 7, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
The only one I have 1st hand experience with is the Starbucks gc, which is an e-gc (arriving via the Swagbucks site, not email). tls
Old May 7, 2013, 12:23 pm

I know amazon is an e-card. I wonder if the restaurant ones like Steak n Shake is probably a gift card sent to you.6
Old May 8, 2013, 1:27 pm

I've noticed that lately, I'll receive SB for searching, even though the congrats box never appears. I simply notice it later in the day, when I return to search for something else, when I notice that my balance is higher than it had been.

Anyone else experiencing that?
Old May 8, 2013, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by kipper

Anyone else experiencing that?
It happens to me occasionally.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Received no SB from searching today. Can't remember the last time that happened. tls
Old May 15, 2013, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by thelostshark
Received no SB from searching today. Can't remember the last time that happened. tls
The day is not over yet
Old May 15, 2013, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Saas
The day is not over yet
I've not received any SB for searching in a few days either.
Old May 16, 2013, 5:16 am

a tactic i sometimes find helpful is to launch a search in SB, and then go and do something else for a few minutes (e.g., brew coffee, read other websites like FT in another browser tab, etc), before coming back and clicking to see the next page of search results. repeat as needed.
Old May 20, 2013, 11:06 am

I used to find Swagbuck codes by using the Widget (link below). But about a week ago it just stopped working. Even when I know there's an active code, it still won't show it. Anyone know what is going on? The Widget was great.

http://content.swagbucks.com/widget_1.0/sbWidget.swf
Old May 20, 2013, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by crabbing
a tactic i sometimes find helpful is to launch a search in SB, and then go and do something else for a few minutes (e.g., brew coffee, read other websites like FT in another browser tab, etc), before coming back and clicking to see the next page of search results. repeat as needed.
I've tried this, and it seems to work. I won 29 SB this morning. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.